THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs out for Jags game

BROWNandORANGE

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/11...wns-vs-jaguars/

Our receiving core is already pretty week, but our best tactic is the 1-2 punch of Cribbs and Massaquoi.

No we should be worried. Josh gives us a speed threat at receive, but only when he can get open. He had a good game against the Jets, but other than that he hasn't done much via the pass when McCoy has been in. As far as missing him in the return game, I am not worried at all. We just signed a young pro bowl returner and his back up Haden did a great job of returning last week. As for the WildDawg, Wallace is back this week and Mangini seems to not give much of a shit when playing his QB still getting over ankle injuries (see Delhomme) so if they need him they will use him, plus the WildDawg with Hillis last week didn't look bad either.

If Cribbs plays this weekend, I see them actually sitting him when it comes to returning (at least the first few returns to see how the new guy does) and just have him play his 50% of the snaps on offense. Hell if this new guy can do good, I see Cribbs just playing offense, getting starting reps and being a general bad ass.

I would let Haden keep returning for a while, I know he can bust the long ones because from what I have seen of him he has great field vision (not to mention speed), just like Cribbs. This is why I'm pretty excited that Haden is getting in more and more on D because he has great potential for scoring points on defense. We have alot of hidden talents on this team so I would say no, we should not be worried!

I would let Haden keep returning for a while, I know he can bust the long ones because from what I have seen of him he has great field vision (not to mention speed), just like Cribbs. This is why I'm pretty excited that Haden is getting in more and more on D because he has great potential for scoring points on defense. We have alot of hidden talents on this team so I would say no, we should not be worried!

Haden is just a little[/i bit slower than Cribbs, but he has almost the same big-play-ability and field vision as you said.

I am worried that we are banged up and spent after that marathon effort against a very good team last week. We gave it all we had, and it must have been a bit discouraging to come up short. At the same time, they must see that just a little difference in luck and the game was ours. They are well coached, so I expect them to come out with some fire. I only worry that our injury list is significantly longer than Jacksonville's.

I think the main thing that has me optimistic is that our offense has been moving the ball consistently and this week we're up a team that is weak against the pass and running outside. It could be a long day for the Jags if we can keep the chains moving.

Im pretty confident in our team this year. I would like to see Eric Wright benched but still Im pumped. I have not been this excited for sundays since the half assed 07 season with the interception machine at qb

haha well, honestly, i think we're about the only team to be stoked about a 3-6 records. but then again, we have one of the hardest schedules in the league and have beaten two elite teams and one decent team. Also, our next 4 games are very winnable (Jacksonville, Carolina, Miami, and Buffalo.) After that, we play the Bengals whom we have already beaten, but this one is in Cincy, so that'll make it a bit more challenging.

Archived