THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns receivers have more INT's than the Browns QB's

longhorn

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I assume you are a Colt McCoy fan. I believe all of his INT's have been batted by the receiver before being picked. That being said, it was a STUPID decision by the rookie on the last play of the game today.

With no timeouts left and less than 15 seconds, I believe, you have to throw in the endzone! If there is an incompletion in the endzone you still have another shot. Even if that pass was caught by Ben Watson he was about to be drilled at the 5-yard line and time would have expired. Bad rookie decision.

Colt has looked good and bad. Today was his worst game by far. Held onto the ball way too long and missed on a couple throws like the 3rd down slant to Robiskie early on and the deep ball to Massaquoi that was almost picked on our first drive. The kid is a gamer, though. Nice scramble to set up the Dawson FG.

I don't hang it on McCoy for patting the ball. Defenses are wise to his dependence on TEs because of our extreme shortcomings at WR. With Watson covered all day, nobody on the outside could get open. The announcers regularly said they weren't getting free.

Couple of poorly called series today and not nearly enough Evan Moore.

I assume you are a Colt McCoy fan. I believe all of his INT's have been batted by the receiver before being picked. That being said, it was a STUPID decision by the rookie on the last play of the game today.

With no timeouts left and less than 15 seconds, I believe, you have to throw in the endzone! If there is an incompletion in the endzone you still have another shot. Even if that pass was caught by Ben Watson he was about to be drilled at the 5-yard line and time would have expired. Bad rookie decision.

Colt has looked good and bad. Today was his worst game by far. Held onto the ball way to long and missed on a couple throws like the 3rd down slant to Robiskie early on and the deep ball to Massaquoi that was almost picked on our first drive. The kid is a gamer, though. Nice scramble to set up the Dawson FG.

I am a Colt McCoy fan but I think he's got to take a significant portion of the blame. There are ways to make defenses pay for getting too greedy, and we didn't make them pay. That being said, the offense as a whole has issues.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Don't take me for saying I don't like Colt, either. I think he is the future is he stays healthy. I just did not like that last decision, but plenty of other things cost us that game.

Colt has looked good and bad. Today was his worst game by far. Held onto the ball way too long and missed on a couple throws like the 3rd down slant to Robiskie early on and the deep ball to Massaquoi that was almost picked on our first drive. The kid is a gamer, though. Nice scramble to set up the Dawson FG.

I am a Colt fan, but I would disagree this was his worse game. In general, I think he came through when he had to. He did hold on to the ball too long a few times, but overall I thought he played well given the pressure and the sacks. I agree with your overthrow comment too. I also disagree that all plays have to go into the end zone. A big TE can often drag a defender 5 yards into the end zone, especially if that's what was open. Before today Watson had a YAC average of 4.8 yards.

I also thought burning all 3 timeouts was a mistake. We should have held onto one and we should have let them score on their first attempt from the 1. Those 20-30 more seconds would have made a big difference.

Archived