THE BROWNS BOARD

Playoff Contenders

Carolina Brownie

How confident is everyone that the Browns will be playoff contenders next year?

Have we for sure found our future quarterback? Is Peyton Hillis going to be dependable and stay our featured back ? Will we finally draft a reliable WR(s)? Will we finally beat the Stoolers twice in a year? Will our OC choke on dick and get fired?

Thoughts?

From what I saw this past week and the little I've watched here and there I'd say yes. Again not sure how old/young every position on your roster is but I was impressed with your defense as a unit. You've got a good ground game, and McCoy is good enough to get it done. I wouldn't be supprised if you guys drafted another QB just in case but the Browns are close imo.

Even if we draft perfect I still dont see us going to the playoffs unless misfortune falls on the other contenders. The year after next - maybe ?

The Browns will be a 4 or 5 win team this year so it will take a 4-5 win improvement next year to hit 500. I don't see the playoffs next year. They are more than a few pieces away.

I think Colt is the QB for sure.

It's hard to say. This past off season we've added (alphabetically) Brown, Fujita, Gocong, Haden, Hillis, Lauvao, McCoy, Ward, & Watson. If we duplicate the quality of those moves, I would think the answer is "yes". ESPECIALLY if Hardesty comes back healthy.

Everybody knows what we need....WR, DE (pass rusher), DB, OL, RB to complement Hillis, & more youth at LB. In short, we still need a lot, but if we end up with some KEY players (as we did this year), we'll be well on our way.

Mike

Cleveland will certainly be in the playoff picture next year, but to what extent, I'm not sure. There are a lot of talented teams in the AFC for the Browns to have to leap frog, just to be in the conversation. If the playoffs started today, the Colts, Chargers, and Titans would be on the outside looking in. Just a hint at how competitive the AFC is. The Browns are on the right track, but I still think they are a few playmakers away from being a playoff team. That being said, should my Ravens not re-tool their aging defense before next season, the Browns could certainly close that gap.

The Browns may be legitimate playoff contenders next year if they can vary their offense and run different plays in similar situations. Having a "go to" play on third down and running it on every third and short doesn't cut it. As for Hillis, no he will not be dependable if we can't get another back to pick up the slack occasionally. Hillis has been outstanding, but when he is your only weapon via the ground game then he will be worn down by the end of the season, not to mention those hurdles, as they said on Sunday, if he keeps that up, it won't be long before he sees himself receiving medical help from the trainers.

Archived