THE BROWNS BOARD

Auburn vs Alabama

cribbs is the man

idk if anyone else is watching this game but it has 3 players (that I know) that could be picked by the Browns in the first round.

DEs Nick Fairley and Marcell Dareus are both playing very well against great competition (that excessive celebration penalty on Fairley was total BS imo)

WR Julio Jones is also tearing it up, although Auburns secondary is not very good... Id take him if Green doesnt fall to us. Also Jon Baldwin, WR from Pitt, put up big numbers today..

I think these are the two positions of greatest need for the Browns and a lot of top talent are playing well today..

I think I would take Jones over Green....and I really like Fairley....and I agree...that flag was a homer call...the kid makes a big sack and they throw a flag for that.

Some Bama booster got in to the pocket of the ref who threw the flag.

I think I would take Jones over Green....and I really like Fairley....and I agree...that flag was a homer call...the kid makes a big sack and they throw a flag for that.

Some Bama booster got in to the pocket of the ref who threw the flag.

Haha totally. You would pick Jones over Green? Im not an expert by any means but why do you say that? id be happy with either..

I would take Green over Jones because we need more of a strong guy who can pluck the ball out of the air over a speed guy. This doens't mean Green is slow, I think he is the speed of Cribbs, or even slightly faster, but he can get in there and get it done in the middle if we need him too. Plus Colt doesn't have a long ball arm which is why we would need a speed guy.

I think we have a better DL (Rubin, Schaefering, Rogers, Coleman, Smith) than WR corps (nobody). I don't doubt at all we'll be adding some youth to the DL next year, but I can't see us passing on a WR unless there's just nobody left on the board. If we were looking for a 2nd or 3rd receiver, I could see waiting, but we're not... we're looking for a serious #1.

If we did get a Malcolm Floyd or Vincent Jackson, I could see looking for speed, like Broyles in round 2, but there's no guarantee he'd still be there.

Doesn't take a cannon to go over the top. Any NFL quarterback can do that. The big arm is more about zing between the levels and on deep outs. Hell, Frye could go over the top. It's mostly something you do to keep defenses honest, because the completion percentage past 20 yards is like 37.

I think we have a better DL (Rubin, Schaefering, Rogers, Coleman, Smith) than WR corps (nobody). I don't doubt at all we'll be adding some youth to the DL next year, but I can't see us passing on a WR unless there's just nobody left on the board. If we were looking for a 2nd or 3rd receiver, I could see waiting, but we're not... we're looking for a serious #1.

If we did get a Malcolm Floyd or Vincent Jackson, I could see looking for speed, like Broyles in round 2, but there's no guarantee he'd still be there.

Doesn't take a cannon to go over the top. Any NFL quarterback can do that. The big arm is more about zing between the levels and on deep outs. Hell, Frye could go over the top. It's mostly something you do to keep defenses honest, because the completion percentage past 20 yards is like 37.

Shep, I think that a veteran WR really helps a LOT more than a rookie. That said, I think Broyles is really quick but is a slot receiver. We desperately need a quality X-receiver to command double teams. A big physical guy with some speed. I think a lot of what type of receiver they choose to look for will also depend on what they do with Evan Moore. Does he convert to a WR or do we keep trying to make him a TE? He's a blocking liability it would seem by looking at the replays...so perhaps a job on the outside where he'll tower over most corners is our best bet.

When Jones wants to play, he is unstoppable. Green is just an all out force. If we get green though we need a cannon arm to get it to him.

I've yet to watch the tape of the 'Bama- Auburn game- but Jones put up huge numbers.

It's early- but let's be realistic- Green will almost certainly be the first wr off the board- and unless the Browns totally fall apart the rest of the season Green will already be off the board when the Browns pick.

I agree, we are NOT looking for a number 2 receiver, we NEED a number one. Take WR as soon as possible without reaching, an above average D-lineman is a lot more valuble than an above average WR.. I think we could pick a D- lineman in later rounds than an impact WR

Archived