THE BROWNS BOARD

Hodges extended 2 years

ballpeen

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—The Cleveland Browns have signed punter Reggie Hodges(notes) to a two-year contract extension, locking up the potential restricted free agent.

Hodges said Friday that the sides recently finalized the deal. Hodges played in eight games last season for Cleveland after Dave Zastudil(notes) was injured and averaged 39.8 yards on 45 punts. He assumed the starter’s job in training camp this year when Zastudil couldn’t kick after undergoing offseason knee surgery. The Browns recently waived Zastudil.

Hodges is averaging 44 yards on 51 punts and leads the NFL with 11 punts inside the opponent’s 10-yard line.

Hodges also made one of the Browns’ biggest plays, running 68 yards on a fake in an upset of New Orleans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-hodges

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—The Cleveland Browns have signed punter Reggie Hodges(notes) to a two-year contract extension, locking up the potential restricted free agent.

Hodges said Friday that the sides recently finalized the deal. Hodges played in eight games last season for Cleveland after Dave Zastudil(notes) was injured and averaged 39.8 yards on 45 punts. He assumed the starter’s job in training camp this year when Zastudil couldn’t kick after undergoing offseason knee surgery. The Browns recently waived Zastudil.

Hodges is averaging 44 yards on 51 punts and leads the NFL with 11 punts inside the opponent’s 10-yard line.

Hodges also made one of the Browns’ biggest plays, running 68 yards on a fake in an upset of New Orleans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-hodges

Dude he's got 70 yards rushing, sign him.

this is great news

is there a league rule against giving an extension to a tendered player?

if not, they should extend vickers now.

Not sure I understand your question.

vickers was tendered during the off season. i was wondering if he has to play out the remainder of the season before receiving an extension or if they would be able to give him one tomorrow if they wanted to.

I got you now....and to be honest I made a mistake....I read Vickers as Vick and was wondering how anybody though we could get Vick.....lol

this is great news

is there a league rule against giving an extension to a tendered player?

if not, they should extend vickers now.

No, we can extend Vickers at anythime. Wish we would.

Zombo

Archived