THE BROWNS BOARD

Playing Down.

1 more season

Read today that the Browns are getting a reputation for playing down to there opponents level. Do you agree? That seems to be what they've done the last couple of weeks. At the same time I think they played over and above in the Saints Pats and Jets games. Granted the injuries once again are taking their toll. Last week they almost gave the game away to worst team in the league. The INT's were bad and the tackling in the secondary was horrible again.

Nope, I believe Brown's opponents play up to them. The Brown's haven't layed down to anybody this season.

Well, they may play and down to their opponents level.....though against the Saints and Pats the Browns looked like they were on a level way above those teams. OK, we beat 2 of the best teams in the league by 20 or more points. Lets beat some of the lighterweights by that margin as well. (though, until this week the Browns have NOT played a team perceived to be a lightweight. When they played Cinci the Bengals were still considered to be a prime contender. Not now of course.)

Read today that the Browns are getting a reputation for playing down to there opponents level. Do you agree? That seems to be what they've done the last couple of weeks. At the same time I think they played over and above in the Saints Pats and Jets games. Granted the injuries once again are taking their toll. Last week they almost gave the game away to worst team in the league. The INT's were bad and the tackling in the secondary was horrible again.

I read that too.. but playing down to who? We have only been favored to beat Carolina and maybe Tampa or the Chiefs at the beginning of the year? Every other team we beat or lost to was supposed to win.. So 1 close game against a bad team and we all of a sudden develop a reputation for playing down to opponents level? This makes no sense..

I personally don't believe that ANY team "plays down" on any gameday. All 32 teams are professional athletes who have earned their positions as starting NFL players. Just because a team is 1-9 or whatever does not mean that they aren't talented or capable of beating any other team. The margin of difference in the NFL is so slim, which is why its the most successful pro sports league. For the most part, all 32 teams are "good", if they weren't they wouldn't be there! Sure some teams are better but thats just bound to happen when $$$ comes into the equation and not to mention contracts and personalities of players also make a difference.

In other words, I laughed out loud when I read this thread title. The Browns playing down to team, lol, we wish.

Do you guys really think we are that much better than a lot of these teams that we have to play down to them? We lack talent and have little depth, we are making great strides but at this point it shouldn't really shock anyone when we lose to "bad" teams. What people need to wrap their heads around is that there are rarely "bad" teams in the NFL. All of these guys can play.

Teams have good days, and bad days. I don't think they say, "okay, were playing Carolina, lets lower the level of play". Its BS. It's always the team/person you underestimate that might kick your ass.

Also I think that the Browns are one of the least likely teams to underestimate their opponent. We have been one of "those teams" for far too long to underestimate ANYBODY in the NFL.

Archived