THE BROWNS BOARD

Vickers Pancakes

Squintz

Forgive me if this was posted, but with all the focus on Hillis toppling the defender on his 3rd TD run of the day, did anyone else catch Vickers burying his guy on the 2nd TD? It was AWESOME! He pancaked his ass big time!

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=pla...-air-and-ground

Click on the Hillis vid and watch Vickers blow up #30 as well - Takes him off his feet!

A couple of observations right after Hillis 1st TD run:

1) It was good to see Hillis chase after Vickers afterwards and show his appreciation for making the key block that allowed for the TD.

2) It was also good to see Hillis all giddy jumping around towards the sidelines celebrating with his teammates and then fix his helmet and shake Mangini's hand with both of his with a slight bow. What a tremendous show of respect from a rising star of a player. It also shows that Hillis has his head on straight.

Both were very good to see.

My man love for Hillis grows by the day - I think a fathead for Christmas is what I want from Santa.

And yes, Vickers made some fantastic blocks on Sunday, fantastic. I can't believe some people think he's washed up.

That was the media. Players think he is the best fb blocker.in the league. Decent hands.

I might be losing it, but wasn't Vickers known as a guy who caught a lot of passes in college and his blocking was an unknown b/c he wasn't asked to do it much? I thought I read a Savage quote or 2 about it (which would prove that even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then).

Archived