THE BROWNS BOARD

Some Respect

Earl34

From Clark Judge at CBS Sportsline:

6. Next time someone wants to discuss the job that Eric Mangini is doing in Cleveland consider this: His 5-7 record is only one win short of Indianapolis, yet he's doing it with Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy at quarterback. The Colts' Jim Caldwell is there with Peyton Manning, and don't tell me about the Colts' injuries. I know there have been a slew of them, but the same goes for Cleveland -- which, entering last weekend, played the league's toughest schedule, with eight of their 11 opponents tied or alone atop a division.

Good take Earl. I heard a rumor this morning that Holmgren was considering changing coaches and bringing in Gruden. Any other ears get that rumor?

I hope this isn't true.

With the emergence of McCoy and our defense, while not high up in rankings is playing very solid every week, this team is a few players away from playoff contention.

I'd hate to see our FO decide to make a coaching change now, especially when we will most likely finish 7 - 9 which shows improvement from last year.

Lets not forget Mangini lost his best 2 defensive plays in Robaire and Fujita and that defense still balls out. What that tells you my fellow Browns fans is that Eric Mangini can scheme and coach the hell out of a defense. No question the offense needs some holes filled but what you see is a very well prepared, very well coached football program and not to be arrogant having coached this game for over 30 years at the HS level that this is an extremely well coached team...Go Browns

Good take Earl. I heard a rumor this morning that Holmgren was considering changing coaches and bringing in Gruden. Any other ears get that rumor?

Yeah I heard his son duece has said his dad would be going to San Fransico or the Browns, in 2012. He wants his son to finish HS according to his son.

Which, would give mangini another year to try to prove he is the right guy. To me this is the perfect scenario.

Yeah I heard his son duece has said his dad would be going to San Fransico or the Browns, in 2012. He wants his son to finish HS according to his son.

Which, would give mangini another year to try to prove he is the right guy. To me this is the perfect scenario.

F**k Gruden..Freakin ran Tampa int othe ground..He should stay in the booth..he has some entertainment value there.

also on cbs sports..

Paging Eric Mangini....

Posted on: December 1, 2010 11:26 pmScore: 181

Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate:Mr. Mangini,

I regretfully write this letter to express my grave concern that you have hitched your already fleating job with the Browns on the hopes that Jake Delhomme a guy who largely played the role of Trent Dilfer for a team that won a super bowl due to a strong run game, a strong o-line, and a solid defense, with a decent qb. The problem with this theory is the fact that your Browns allow nearly 240 passing yards, 120 rushing yards, and 21 points per game, while only racking up 23 sacks, which is ironically 2 lower than opponents' 25 sacks on your quarterbacks. Your entire offense IS Peyton Hillis a guy who came from 17 carries for 76 yards 2 tds and 7 rec. for 50 yards the first two a games....a sad sign that you intended to use him as a back-up to a guy you clearly couldn't stand and later traded to MY Eagles. If not for Hillis right now would have no pass game, and no run game. He has scored 13 tds compared to the rest of the team's 8. The best quarterback this season as you should know has been Seneca Wallace the guy you should have started from day 1 as the interim quarterback until McCoy was ready and not even signed Delhomme at all. You could have gotten the same 1 td 6 int, with countless misses on other potential ints, from an undrafted rookie. Oh wait....Max Hall has played better completing 50.7% 1 td 5 ints for 360 yards and he wasn't drafted. By the way...although Hillis is a beast as a runner he is not your answer as a quarterback too. Sorry!!! I know this coaching thing can be confusing but if you stick to my advice you just may get to finish out the season! I suggest right now you cut your losses at the quarterback position period and run the WildDawg offense with Seneca Wallace, Peyton Hillis, and Josh Cribbs the 3 deep backs. Any of the 3 could get a direct snap, all 3 of which can throw, and all 3 of which can catch.

Mangini is still in the running for coach of the year if he finishes strong. Who would you say is definitely ahead of him ?

Josh macdaniels?

Just as silly as thinking mangini is in the running.

Raheem morris, steve spagnola, rex ryan, tom cable, tom couglin, lovie smith, pete carrol.

You don't get coach of the year by winning the same or two more games than the year before.

Mangini is still in the running for coach of the year if he finishes strong. Who would you say is definitely ahead of him ?

This Can-gini speculation is getting absurd. Go take a look at the record, and the Browns are three plays away from being 8-4. Not bad for a team that's been in a revolving door situation at quarterback, has near arena league wrs, and a linebacking crew that aren't exactly world beaters.

A 7-9 record is definitely within reach, and I have the feeling the Browns will beat either the Ravens or Steelers at home to finish 8-8. The haters are forgetting a team early last year that was getting blown out on a regular basis (4 losses by more than 20). All I wanted to see this year was progress, and we're seeing it.

I don't know, if mangini can get 7-8 wins out of this team in his second year he deserves consideration. If we somehow manage to win 9 then he gets it imho. Why would ryan get it when he had a playoff team last year which he inherited from mangini?

I think it is hard to argue whether mangini is one of the guys who is getting the most out of the least

Look at who won the coach of the year in NL baseball, a guy who blew an eight game lead at the end of the season

I heard that too . It came from the Evil Empire ESPN . They got a hard on for Cleveland sports in general and the fools that believe them are always going to be looking for answers in the wrong places .

They got a hard on for Mangini because when he was with the Jets he wasn't "media friendly", and because that team blew their spot in the playoffs when Favre hurt his arm....which they blamed on Mangini. They are always such NY/big market suckups that they take it personal when something happens that they perceive to hurt their precious ratings.

Well, they usually always name coaches of teams who are perceived to have overachieved. So, in this respect they could name Todd Haley from KC, or Lovie Smith of the Bears, perhaps Tom Cable of Oakland if they continue to do well against a weak division, maybe Jack Del Rio, maybe the guy from St. Louis, and certainly Raheem Morris of Tampa Bay.

also on cbs sports..

Paging Eric Mangini....

Posted on: December 1, 2010 11:26 pmScore: 181

Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate:Mr. Mangini,

I regretfully write this letter to express my grave concern that you have hitched your already fleating job with the Browns on the hopes that Jake Delhomme a guy who largely played the role of Trent Dilfer for a team that won a super bowl due to a strong run game, a strong o-line, and a solid defense, with a decent qb. The problem with this theory is the fact that your Browns allow nearly 240 passing yards, 120 rushing yards, and 21 points per game, while only racking up 23 sacks, which is ironically 2 lower than opponents' 25 sacks on your quarterbacks. Your entire offense IS Peyton Hillis a guy who came from 17 carries for 76 yards 2 tds and 7 rec. for 50 yards the first two a games....a sad sign that you intended to use him as a back-up to a guy you clearly couldn't stand and later traded to MY Eagles. If not for Hillis right now would have no pass game, and no run game. He has scored 13 tds compared to the rest of the team's 8. The best quarterback this season as you should know has been Seneca Wallace the guy you should have started from day 1 as the interim quarterback until McCoy was ready and not even signed Delhomme at all. You could have gotten the same 1 td 6 int, with countless misses on other potential ints, from an undrafted rookie. Oh wait....Max Hall has played better completing 50.7% 1 td 5 ints for 360 yards and he wasn't drafted. By the way...although Hillis is a beast as a runner he is not your answer as a quarterback too. Sorry!!! I know this coaching thing can be confusing but if you stick to my advice you just may get to finish out the season! I suggest right now you cut your losses at the quarterback position period and run the WildDawg offense with Seneca Wallace, Peyton Hillis, and Josh Cribbs the 3 deep backs. Any of the 3 could get a direct snap, all 3 of which can throw, and all 3 of which can catch.

A fan from another team just ripping on a different teams coach. I don't call that quality news on why a coach should lose his job. Just face is that Gruden isn't going to get hired here and if he does then have fun watching or team get set back another xxxxing 3 years.

Archived