THE BROWNS BOARD

Out of towner coming in for new years!

inthecribbs

Hey Guys,

New member here, I have myself and 3 other friends that have been huge browns fans since we were kids, and we're going to be coming for the steelers browns game on the 2nd. We are wondering if there is somewhere we should be looking at for new years eve???? Is there somewhere that the browns players go on the weekends? Would love a chance to actually meet a browns player! Any information you can provide us at all for our trip would be absolutely awesome! Excited beyond belief to experience our first browns game! Go Browns!!

I know that the Hardrock Cafe has a New Years Eve Party that is pretty popular. I believe it includes lodging in the Hotel(s) within Tower City, and could be a great event.

Here is a link directly to the event: http://www.hardrock.com/live2/eventDetails...amp;MIBEnumID=3

The Hard Rock Cafe Cleveland website is at: http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/e...amp;MIBenumID=3

I seriously doubt your gonna be rubbing elbows with the Browns players as the ball drops, but just being downtown at an event like the Hard Rock's, might put you in front of some ex-players or officials. ESPN Cleveland broadcast out of the Hard Rock on Game day and they have a tailgate brunch there as well ... ya might be able to swing a package deal.

That's my best guess ... but I'll keep my ear to the ground and post if I hear of anything better.

That would be absolutely awesome if you could keep us posted. We are already booked at the plaza, because it looked like it was walking distance from the browns stadium, and the quicken loans arena (going to check out the cavs mavericks game after the browns game). Is there a restaurant that you might know of where there would be a chance to see a browns player? Probably High dollar places I would imagine, but if this is a once in a lifetime trip for me and my friends, it wouldn't matter what we had to pay to have a chance at possibly just eating at the same place as one of the browns players! We are coming from North and South Dakota, so it's quite a trip out. I have been to cleveland once when I was in high school, but there were no games going on, it was a summer trip and we just stopped at the stadium and I went in to the browns shop and bought some stuff, so we have no clue of where to go for a great steak etc. I appreciate this board, because it gives us out of towners a chance to figure things out a little bit before we come so we aren't flying blind the entire trip! Can't wait to get there!!!! Will be in touch for sure!

Eric Sonsalla

That would be absolutely awesome if you could keep us posted. We are already booked at the plaza, because it looked like it was walking distance from the browns stadium, and the quicken loans arena (going to check out the cavs mavericks game after the browns game). Is there a restaurant that you might know of where there would be a chance to see a browns player? Probably High dollar places I would imagine, but if this is a once in a lifetime trip for me and my friends, it wouldn't matter what we had to pay to have a chance at possibly just eating at the same place as one of the browns players! We are coming from North and South Dakota, so it's quite a trip out. I have been to cleveland once when I was in high school, but there were no games going on, it was a summer trip and we just stopped at the stadium and I went in to the browns shop and bought some stuff, so we have no clue of where to go for a great steak etc. I appreciate this board, because it gives us out of towners a chance to figure things out a little bit before we come so we aren't flying blind the entire trip! Can't wait to get there!!!! Will be in touch for sure!

Eric Sonsalla

Browns players will often make public appearances at various locations, often on Monday Nights in conjunction with Monday Night Football.

If you want to see a Browns player you may want to go onto the Browns official site and see where their players are making these public appearances. It may be necessary for you to stay over for Monday Night.

I wouldn't recommend trying to bird dog a player during his private time, even if he is out in public.

I don't know actually where you can find a schedule of Browns players public appearances, but here is a link to the Browns events calendar:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-an...s/calendar.html

You may also want to check out the Browns Backers Club websites. There may be something there. Perhaps others here know more than I do about where to find out about public appearances.

You could also call the Browns Public Relations department, though I have no clue where to find that number.

I don't know actually where you can find a schedule of Browns players public appearances, but here is a link to the Browns events calendar:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-an...s/calendar.html

You may also want to check out the Browns Backers Club websites. There may be something there. Perhaps others here know more than I do about where to find out about public appearances.

You could also call the Browns Public Relations department, though I have no clue where to find that number.

I agree, we would definitely never actually seek someone out, but to get a picture at a restaurant and have peyton hillis in the background would be awesome! definitely would never approach a player in his private time. How about just a great steakhouse to go to on saturday night when we're there? Maybe we'll get lucky and actually see a browns player/legend! I'm probably just getting my hopes up, but we are so amped about this trip that we are just trying to get as much info as possible. as always just keep me posted if you hear anything, and we are already cruising the browns backers clubs to see if they have any other information. Thanks again guys!

Thanks to my wonderful wife, I'm flying into Cleveland for the Stoolers game and staying at the Lakeside Doubletree next to Browns Stadium. I'm on my own, don't know anyone from Cleveland and am there from the 30th December until the 3rd January so If any out of towners want to meet up with a British Brown, i'd be more than happy to meet for a couple of beers. So far I plan to go to the Browns Board Tailgate, visit the Rock and Roll hall of fame and obviously see the Browns destroy the Steelers, I may even go see the Cavs after (I don't even like Basketball much, but i'm all for supportng local charities!) but other than that i'm more than happy to share my incredible sense of humour and sparkling personality with anyone over my 4 day stay. I've also been told i'm a chick magnet so others may benefit by association.... Ok so that's not true, but I'm not afraid to front a round of drinks so give me a shout via PM if anyones at a loose end. :)

Thanks to my wonderful wife, I'm flying into Cleveland for the Stoolers game and staying at the Lakeside Doubletree next to Browns Stadium. I'm on my own, don't know anyone from Cleveland and am there from the 30th December until the 3rd January so If any out of towners want to meet up with a British Brown, i'd be more than happy to meet for a couple of beers. So far I plan to go to the Browns Board Tailgate, visit the Rock and Roll hall of fame and obviously see the Browns destroy the Steelers, I may even go see the Cavs after (I don't even like Basketball much, but i'm all for supportng local charities!) but other than that i'm more than happy to share my incredible sense of humour and sparkling personality with anyone over my 4 day stay. I've also been told i'm a chick magnet so others may benefit by association.... Ok so that's not true, but I'm not afraid to front a round of drinks so give me a shout via PM if anyones at a loose end. :)

Uh oh ... don't get into Skippy's "chick magnet" red van or it might be just too much for the ladies!

Zombo

Hey Guys,

New member here, I have myself and 3 other friends that have been huge browns fans since we were kids, and we're going to be coming for the steelers browns game on the 2nd. We are wondering if there is somewhere we should be looking at for new years eve???? Is there somewhere that the browns players go on the weekends? Would love a chance to actually meet a browns player! Any information you can provide us at all for our trip would be absolutely awesome! Excited beyond belief to experience our first browns game! Go Browns!!

Also, keep in mind there likely won't be an "official" Tailgate party before the game. We're not that hardy anymore to cook out when it's 10 degrees, and with the holidays, prepping for 40 people the day after New Years won't work. However, a bunch of the Board regulars will be congregating at one of the local watering holes before the game. Stay tuned for further info. :)

LOL, hey Ed if it's 50 and sunny, going to change your mind?

I really appreciate all the feedback. Nice to know there are smart asses in Cleveland too! Always enjoy hanging out with people that have a sense of humor! Looking forward to the trip, and i'll keep on checking back for more info if anyone has any, as well as checking up on the info that you have already provided. Thanks again!

I really appreciate all the feedback. Nice to know there are smart asses in Cleveland too! Always enjoy hanging out with people that have a sense of humor! Looking forward to the trip, and i'll keep on checking back for more info if anyone has any, as well as checking up on the info that you have already provided. Thanks again!

We really are smartasses here, and have the diplomas to prove it!:

smartass.jpg

Archived