THE BROWNS BOARD

Any gamers out there?

Dirty Hands

try a madden board buddy

The main option for sports games is Operationsports... They are EA Fanboys and the Mods act like the Gestapo.

To answer the OP...

If you are simming games it will mess with your stats. Otherwise, I would say wait til next year. They are SUPPOSEDLY working on a much better Franchise Mode.

try a madden board buddy

i had tried finding one before posting here i know there's people in here for every topic just wasn;t sure which madden board was worth looking at...an no they were'nt hurt they just didn't play and they were #one on the depth chart all season...i just didn't know if there were holdouts any more i even tried boosting salaries changing positions and the like with now resolve just kinda of a weird issue

First check to see if they are even starting in your depth chart because sometimes if you have the CPU set up to automatically set your depth chart, if you bring in a new guy who is only a back up it will switch him as the starter.

Also when it gets to the point that alot of your defense is good, it evens it out so that it's not the same guy getting the tackle or the same guy getting the INT. I think that longest I have played a franchise is like 7 seasons and Ward NEVER makes a pro bowl because everyone else gets in to make a tackle before he can get there. Your entire defense can go a career without making a pro bowl because not all 11 players can have huge games.

On defense you will find that most of your defensive players that go to the pro bowl are your DL and your MLB and sometimes OLB. The only time I have a DB go was when Brown somehow got 8 INT's for me and only like 20 tackles.

is there a way to resign/extend the contracts of coaches? mangini left for jacksonville and i'm stuck with tony sparano as a head coach :(

I don't think so. When you are in the off-season and you need a head coach, most of the time that just means that his contract is up and you can resign him and if you want him to resign, you just find your coach in the current NFL coaches section and you can find him, click on him, and then fire him.

Also in the game I don't know why you would want Mangini coaching for you. You of the things that the game messes up horribly is they don't let coaches advance/get worse depending on how their team is performing. This means that Mangini is stuck with no positive effects to the team and I normally drop him in the second year when Jeff Fisher becomes available because Fisher gives a plus 1 for all players in 3 categories.

Also on a side note, if you guys wanna know how to get a player cheap, you need to give every player that you draft that is only getting like a 200K or less bonus a 7 year contract. In the game guys can't hold out to get a contract extension so they play for what their contract says and the late round plays don't ask for much of a bonus/no bonus at all, so you can sign them, look at them and if they are good you have a good player playing for league minimum for 7 years and if he's not you can cut him for little to no salary cap penalty to you.

I don't think so. When you are in the off-season and you need a head coach, most of the time that just means that his contract is up and you can resign him and if you want him to resign, you just find your coach in the current NFL coaches section and you can find him, click on him, and then fire him.

Also in the game I don't know why you would want Mangini coaching for you. You of the things that the game messes up horribly is they don't let coaches advance/get worse depending on how their team is performing. This means that Mangini is stuck with no positive effects to the team and I normally drop him in the second year when Jeff Fisher becomes available because Fisher gives a plus 1 for all players in 3 categories.

Also on a side note, if you guys wanna know how to get a player cheap, you need to give every player that you draft that is only getting like a 200K or less bonus a 7 year contract. In the game guys can't hold out to get a contract extension so they play for what their contract says and the late round plays don't ask for much of a bonus/no bonus at all, so you can sign them, look at them and if they are good you have a good player playing for league minimum for 7 years and if he's not you can cut him for little to no salary cap penalty to you.

Thats what i did as far as the 7 year deals....but after 2 seasons my qb stopped playing so i upped his contract thinking it was a holdout situation again he didn't play so i traded him for draft picks and decided hey what if my other guys aren't playing....sure enough an 85 ranked receiver an 85 ranked RT and a 95 DT had not compiled any stats in 2 to 3 seasons....i don;t know if it has anything to do with me making it harder on myself by fantasy drafting literally the worst team you can draft (i fantasy draft the worst player at every position....i like building the team from the ground up) i think i may be the only person in the world who does this. I found another link concerning the same thing only to find out it was no longer a current link.

Thats what i did as far as the 7 year deals....but after 2 seasons my qb stopped playing so i upped his contract thinking it was a holdout situation again he didn't play so i traded him for draft picks and decided hey what if my other guys aren't playing....sure enough an 85 ranked receiver an 85 ranked RT and a 95 DT had not compiled any stats in 2 to 3 seasons....i don;t know if it has anything to do with me making it harder on myself by fantasy drafting literally the worst team you can draft (i fantasy draft the worst player at every position....i like building the team from the ground up) i think i may be the only person in the world who does this. I found another link concerning the same thing only to find out it was no longer a current link.

Well if you have players that you think are starting and they have accumulated no stats then the most likely problem is that your depth chart keeps changing it so that they are not playing. You should first go to your settings and select to do all contract and depth chart stuff by your self instead of assigning the computer to do this. Then you should go through all of your positions and make sure that you have who you want starting. After that you should have who you want starting and it shouldn't change.

If it says that your guys are starting and you are just not seeing the production that you think they should be getting, then that is just the game. A 95 overall guy isn't necessarily going to go to the pro bowl. The positions that are most likely to get to the Pro Bowl is offensive players minus the TE, DL, and, MLB.

This is just a game, just a true to life simulation. Even though it is the most realistic game to date game play wise, front office and contract stuff in a very straight forward thing. A player will play hard no matter how much he is getting payed and contracts are based on overall rank instead of on field performance. Giving a guy a raise will not make him better and the only way he is going to get better by being traded to another team is if he wasn't actually starting on your team because what ever reason.

I ended up dropping my Madden off when it was still worth some $$ because my team on my online franchise was a fantasy draft team and I was starting Sam Bradford and all of a sudden it kept making him inactive. For no reason it kept switching Seneca Wallace in as starter and Bradford would go inactive. No matter what I tried I couldn't get him on the field. It didn't hurt my feelings as Madden 11 was a step backwards in several categories besides animations (which are still too blocky imo) All Pro Football 2K8 all the way!!!!

I ended up dropping my Madden off when it was still worth some $$ because my team on my online franchise was a fantasy draft team and I was starting Sam Bradford and all of a sudden it kept making him inactive. For no reason it kept switching Seneca Wallace in as starter and Bradford would go inactive. No matter what I tried I couldn't get him on the field. It didn't hurt my feelings as Madden 11 was a step backwards in several categories besides animations (which are still too blocky imo) All Pro Football 2K8 all the way!!!!

I don't do online franchise I just do normal.

I don't do online franchise I just do normal.

I had a few close buddies that were playin it with me...The ultimate letdown was the amount of unrealism (compared to other franchises) of the actual game of football. It just feels too arcadey to me in the end. That and Madden 10 was a more solid game overall IMO. I can't wait until EA has to share the license again...They just never seemed to capitalize on having the exclusives for either NFL or ESPN.

I had a few close buddies that were playin it with me...The ultimate letdown was the amount of unrealism (compared to other franchises) of the actual game of football. It just feels too arcadey to me in the end. That and Madden 10 was a more solid game overall IMO. I can't wait until EA has to share the license again...They just never seemed to capitalize on having the exclusives for either NFL or ESPN.

my friend who went to art school for video game design explained to me that EA is a game developer where post-grads 'cut their teeth'. in other words, the people developing sports games for EA aren't necessarily the best of the best and are mostly people who are new to the industry i'm not sure of the accuracy of his claims, but given how EA either drops the ball or remains oblivious, it makes sense to me.

my friend who went to art school for video game design explained to me that EA is a game developer where post-grads 'cut their teeth'. in other words, the people developing sports games for EA aren't necessarily the best of the best and are mostly people who are new to the industry i'm not sure of the accuracy of his claims, but given how EA either drops the ball or remains oblivious, it makes sense to me.

I would believe it. Graphics wise sports games arn't the best. EA puts out some games with great graphics every year and I would assume that the put their best graphic designers on those. Case and point look at Peyton Hillis in the game. They made him look WAY too small. Of coarse the Madden team only has a year to work on the game and every year they have to make it different in some way so that people just don't stay with the one from the year earlier.

I also like how madden updates the rosters from week to week, but it sucks how they do it. You either have to have a huge game for a players ratings to go up, or a horrible game for it to go down. As an example if you look at the updated roster from what it was when the game came out, Peyton Hillis is doing amazing, going from a 74 overall to a 89 overall, but players like Rubin haven't moved at all because even though he is like 3rd on the team in tackles, and he is being considered one of the best defensive linemen this season, his overall hasn't moved at all (but Robo went up a few points when he had 7 catches for 50 yards the other week). Also Hodges is only has an overall 66 even though he is one of the top 3 punters in the league this year (the only time his ratings have changed were after his fake punt run, put they only changed his speed, acceleration, ect).

Archived