THE BROWNS BOARD

Westlake V. Oaks Christian (CIF Championship)

shepwrite

Westlake won the first ever meeting earlier this year, 31-12. Tonight, with almost 7,000 tickets sold, it's the rematch. Last game, #23, Jack Shepherd (!), was defensive player of the game. Since then, with WRs Jordan Payton (USC commit) and Blair Holliday (Duke commit), the Oaks offense has become almost unstoppable.

To give you the movie setting, the two schools are 3/4 of a mile apart here in Westlake Village, CA, playing for the championship of the CIF SS Northern Division Championship (like a county championship... there really is no state champ).

If any of you get Fox Sports West, the game starts at 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET. ESPN is expected to have a presence and show highlights. Fox Sports Prime Ticket will show replays all week.

Go Warriors! Last game of an incredible two-year run (no Marmonte League team has ever won consecutive CIF championships).

awesome. wish i had that channel. nothing like some good HS football..........reminds me of fall in ohio and watching the blue streaks on friday night...........then going off to the keg party(s). :)

i saw this mentioned on another thread (might be wrong) but doesn't your son play on one of these squads? anyways, good luck to your team. -peace.

Aaarrrgggh! We lost 29-28 in a 2 point conversion with :44 left... then missed a 41 yarder to win. We have a superb kicker with 50 yard range... but he banged the right upright! He'd missed a 41 yarder earlier. Jack (my son) had an interception in the first half and a ton of tackles. Played very well in a game not too many defenders could say that.

Archived