THE BROWNS BOARD

Dome official: Roof damaged, Monday game unlikely

Kosar_For_President

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—The snowstorm that pushed the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game back a day has caused a partial collapse of the Metrodome’s inflated roof.

Metrodome official Bill Lester said Sunday morning that the stadium is unlikely to be ready in time for kickoff on Monday night.

Lester is the executive director of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission that operates the stadium. He says the dome suffered damage to two of its triangle-shaped Teflon panels and that his crew is still assessing the situation.

The stadium opened in 1982. The Twin Cities area received 15 or more inches of snow on Saturday.

The delay has given Vikings quarterback Brett Favre more time to heal his sprained shoulder and see if he can extend his NFL-record streak of 297 straight games started.

Hey the one thing the Browns have gotten right in the last 15 years. We didn't build a dome stadium.

I would really like know what was wrong with TCF stadium that they couldn't play there seeing as the Gophers played there last home game there on Nov.27.

TCF was covered in snow and has been "winterized" for the season. They said it would take at least a week to get it ready for a crowd, and the Giants did not travel with their cold gear.

TCF was covered in snow and has been "winterized" for the season. They said it would take at least a week to get it ready for a crowd, and the Giants did not travel with their cold gear.

Well lets hope they can't get the roof fixed by the Monday night game against the Bears. Would really like to see an outdoor game in Minnesota at this time of the year.

Thanks to not building a dome in Cleveland they have a stadium that is only used 10 days a year. No final 4, no Superbowl, no no events other than Browns games and the occasional HS or College game. Sorry but Cleveland not building a dome was a mistake for the local economy and our local enjoyment.

Thanks to not building a dome in Cleveland they have a stadium that is only used 10 days a year. No final 4, no Superbowl, no no events other than Browns games and the occasional HS or College game. Sorry but Cleveland not building a dome was a mistake for the local economy and our local enjoyment.

You mean you don't like watching games in cold weather outdoors? Stay at home and watch them on TV then.

FWIW, if you learn to dress properly, and have the right gear (I bicycle year round in temperatures as low as 18 degrees, and have gone downhill skiing & camping when it was below zero) it's entirely possible to stay warm for the three hours a football game takes.

You mean you don't like watching games in cold weather outdoors? Stay at home and watch them on TV then.

FWIW, if you learn to dress properly, and have the right gear (I bicycle year round in temperatures as low as 18 degrees, and have gone downhill skiing & camping when it was below zero) it's entirely possible to stay warm for the three hours a football game takes.

With the way I bundle up I cant even ride a snowmobile or shovel without breaking a sweat. Hell, the other day there was a blizzard outside when I was working on my truck and I still stayed warm while laying on the ground, in the snow, replacing some parts for the 4x4. I had to put some glasses on to stop the wind and snow from hitting my eyes but I never got cold.

It's usually the people who were raised in warm weather climates that make a statement like the other guy did. One of my buddies was born and raised in Ohio but moved to Florida last year and just today told me it was windy and freezing down there. I asked what the temp was and he said 50 haha.

No I love it but what I am trying to say is that it would have been nice to have a dome or retractable roof so that Cleveland can host more events that are required to be indoors. Cleveland Browns Stadium just sits there empty not making money or giving people jobs 98% of the year.

No I love it but what I am trying to say is that it would have been nice to have a dome or retractable roof so that Cleveland can host more events that are required to be indoors. Cleveland Browns Stadium just sits there empty not making money or giving people jobs 98% of the year.

OK, I get that- BUT at least for Cleveland

1) the fans didn't want it

2) It would have added about $200 million to the cost- that no one had at the time.

Just MHO, but I've been to plenty of domed stadiums, and it's just not the same. Like sitting in your living room- and incidentally, there happens to be a football game going on. Football was meant to be played out in the elements, not some pansy controlled environment.

I'll give one NFL city a mulligan on a dome- and that's Minneapolis- but then again, if you're going to live in Minnesota, you had better have some tundra gear handy in case of an emergency. I'm not so much concerned about the fans as I am the players. Sooner or later, with an 18 game season on the horizon, it's going to be 20 below zero in places like Chicago, Buffalo, or Cleveland in January. Yeah I've got enough cold weather gear if someone asked me "hey we're heading to Antarctica, wanna come?" My answer would be "give me an hour to pack". The players won't be able to dress quite so warmly. Even though Ford Field is the nicest covered venue I've been in, those Lions fans are a bunch of wimps.

Dude, I thought it was just me. WTF do fans think is going to happen when they support homosexual franchises that play under a parasol?

Do you watch Pawn Stars on The History Channel? I just got back from Vegas and was in their shop. They still have a really cool Mortar that shoots bowling balls up to 1 mile in distance. Now THAT would be some cool shit to fire up on to the tops of the gay "PARASOL" stadiums.

Stan, please don't ever call these a DOME again. Ukrainian Orthodox churches have DOMES.

Minnesota had a PARASOL on their stadium. It was probably some feminine, pantyhose type fabric and it got a runner.

LIke Nell Carter. WHen her pantyhose got a runner, her big fat ass would come blasting out. That's what happened in Minnesota. Their PARASOL ripped.

Big deal.

That's what happens when you build the low budget PussyDome, inflated by air pressure. Get 15" of manly wet snow on top, and the whole wimpy structure collapses.

Don't need a dome to hold a Super Bowl anymore though I hope that turns out to be an EPIC FAILURE. While we won't get a mens final 4 we still have hosted NCAA tournament at the Wolstein Center and the Q in 2011 not to mention the Q hosted the women final 4 in 2007. To be honest having a Super Bowl or Final 4 isn't going to make or break Cleveland economy these events are probably a one time thing.

Great news out of Minnesota the dome won't be fixed in time for Monday nights game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhSt...trodomecollapse

Archived