THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday 12/13

The Gipper

Here are this week's survey questions:

1. The weather outside is frightful. What is the worst storm you ever remember going through?

2. Who in your opinion was the best Head Coach in Pro football history?

3. What do you want for Christmas, boys and girls?

4. What in your opinion was the most significant battle in American History?

5. Speaking of battles, who do you think will be the starting QB for the Cleveland Browns in 2011?

1. The weather outside is frightful. What is the worst storm you ever remember going through?

January 1978 Blizzard. That's the storm that buried an 18 wheeler in a drift near Mansfield

Vince Lomabardi

an improved economy

Gettysburg

5. Speaking of battles, who do you think will be the starting QB for the Cleveland Browns in 2011?

Colt the Texas Gun Slinger

Last year around February. I was up in Strongsville because I had a band in the studio and I had to drive back to Kent in NE Ohio's worst blizzard in 20 years on the turnpike. Horrible experience. Today is nothing compared to last year. Also a few years ago, maybe 2007 or 2008, there was also a horrible blizzard where I was stuck in the middle of a busy intersection for about an hour. Wonderful Ohio.

Mike Holmgren, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, and Paul Brown.

I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Battle of the Bulge. It was the Axis Powers last chance in World War 2 to keep the war going, and we shut them down.

Colt McCoy. This isn't a question.

The Storm of Oct 3rd 1977

Paul Brown

I want Chucky as HC

I dont remember!

Colt McCoy

a tornado came through my town in 2002. there was a lot of destruction.

paul brown or chuck knoll. they are the only ones with 4 championships or superbowls each.

a happy marriage.

normandy. it's when we put those pussy krouts on the ropes.

colt mccoy.

Seems like most of the winter of '78

Brown or Walsh

Thats personal.

The 2nd Battle of Saratoga

McCoy

1. The weather outside is frightful. What is the worst storm you ever remember going through? Hurricane Hugo

2. Who in your opinion was the best Head Coach in Pro football history? Jon Gruden!

3. What do you want for Christmas, boys and girls? two female hookers!

4. What in your opinion was the most significant battle in American History? Rodney king vrs LAPD

5. Speaking of battles, who do you think will be the starting QB for the Cleveland Browns in 2011? Colt mccoy!

DC 1976

Bill Belichick, Paul Brown take your pick

A brand new shining 1,000,000 dollar bill

Cuban Missile Crisis.......otherwise planet is toast

The Real McCoy

I went to Russia to watch one of my childhood friends play in a KHL game. Awful.

Arguably, Ditka

Tickets to the Winter Classic (I checked my gf's computer history and she got 'em :) )

The battles of the American Revolution

His first name starts with a C and his last names ends with Coy

That storm of 1978 was indeed perhaps the worst ever. Especially in Cleveland where the US record for the lowest ever recorded barometric reading was set and which was not brokent until earlier this year in Minnesota.

Probably Paul Brown, not only for what he accomplished but also for what his proteges accomplished, like Sid Gillman, Don Shula, Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll.

A winning lottery ticket would be nice. Or a rain coat. Oh, and I really do want world peace.

The Battle of Saratoga. If the US has lost that battle, this nation may never have won the Revolution and may never have come about. The intent of the British was to attack along the Hudson Valley and control it, thus "dividing and conquering" the US. Had they won that battle they very well may have succeeded. But because the US won, it maintained the flow of supplies, information, manpower etc. between the New England states and the Mid-Atlantic and southern States. It also convinced the French to send money, manpower, weapons, ships, etc. etc. to assist the US, all of which was badly needed.

The ironic thing is that the person most responsible for this countries most significant military victory is also this nation's most renowned traitor: Benedict Arnold. He really was the hero of Saratoga.

At this point, Colt. The only caveat is whether or not Holmgren really does ditch Mangini and he decides to go after a big name QB in this year's draft. Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallet, Cam Newton or somebody.

Denver, Colorado, over 24 hours, 34 inches of snow fell.

Bill Walsh

My family to be happy and healthy

Colt

January 10, 1982 remember the Bengals- Chargers freezer Bowl? -9, -37 wind chill? Conditions at that game were positively mellow compared to where we were at the time- the top of Snowshoe Mountain, WV on a skiing trip. Actual air temperature -28, sustained winds 35mph, estimated wind chill -70. Got my ear frostbitten in the two minutes it took me to pull a dead battery out of a car to warm up inside. The BIL couldn't start his van because the transmission fluid was 1\2 frozen. Had to resort to Alaska methods- (throwing hot fireplace coals under oil pans) to warm the stuff up enough so engines would crank.

Probably Paul Brown

Besides winning the lottery, a Browns Super Bowl win in my lifetime would be nice. :)

Besides the Revolutionary War- probably Gettysburg.

It will be the Colt.

1. I've been very fortunate in that storms have danced around me but I've managed to stay safe. There was an ice storm here that had many people without power for more days than they cared to count. Trees were down everywhere and everyone was stuck in place. I managed to stay snug and warm in my own home so I had no complaints. I guess that's the worst I remember.

2. Lombardi's probably a good choice. I thought of Paul Brown and Blanton Collier but neither of them had that kind of longevity.

3. You mean other than peace on earth and good will toward men? In the "frivolous but fun" category, I'll take an I-pad, Santa. In the "practical" category, I don't own a blender but it would be handy to have one. For some reason I can't pull the trigger on purchasing one. In the ludicrously absurd "dreaming" category, my eye would turn toward camera lenses. In the "what is most likely to happen" category, I'll be perfectly happy just having a lovely day at home. I have a couple of small things for my own stocking.

4. I think you've asked this one before and I seem to recall you made a very convincing argument for one nobody else mentioned. I'll take the key battle in the Revolutionary War.

5. Colt McCoy. In my opinion, the boy's ready to sink or swim. The time is ripe to find out once and for all what we've got.

I was visiting the hilltop town of Cortona in Tuscany when a thunder storm struck. It felt like we were inside the storm, my kids were terrified and I tried not to let them know that I was too. Lightning set fire to three buildings right next to us, there were flash floods through the streets and hail stones the size of golf balls - I really thought we might get swept away. And this was August.

Mike Ditka? Before I made my choice to be a Browns fan and was a neutral observer of the game, I always thought I'd want to be coached by him.

A green card, house in Cleveland suburbs and a season ticket.

Browns / Jets playoff game? :) The one were you kicked our colonising butts obviously.

Mr Colt McCoy

Archived