THE BROWNS BOARD

New here

cddbrowns

First time post, glad to join. I have a question for the forum, say the Browns DO fire Mangini and pick up some other guy. Do you think the Browns, who have gone through more HC's than any other team in a 10 year span basically, should only give the new HC a year and a half to make it to the SB before they fire and hire a new set of coaches? Personally, I think even THINKING about firing a HC in his second year, especially given the state of the team when he took over and the amount of injuries that have taken place, is plain silly. What say you?

First time post, glad to join. I have a question for the forum, say the Browns DO fire Mangini and pick up some other guy. Do you think the Browns, who have gone through more HC's than any other team in a 10 year span basically, should only give the new HC a year and a half to make it to the SB before they fire and hire a new set of coaches? Personally, I think even THINKING about firing a HC in his second year, especially given the state of the team when he took over and the amount of injuries that have taken place, is plain silly. What say you?

Welcome aboard

Believe it or not there are far worse organizations than the Browns when it comes to the coaching carousel. You know what those organizations have in common...they suck!

The worst number of coaching changes since 2000 not counting interm coaches

Raiders-6

Redskins-6

Bills-5

Lions-5

Cardinals-4

Falcons-4

Browns-4

Chiefs-4

Dolphins-4

Jets-4

49ers-4

I'm on the fence when it comes to Mangini but I really don't feel like starting all over again.

Welcome aboard

Believe it or not there are far worse organizations than the Browns when it comes to the coaching carousel. You know what those organizations have in common...they suck!

The worst number of coaching changes since 2000 not counting interm coaches

Raiders-6

Redskins-6

Bills-5

Lions-5

Cardinals-4

Falcons-4

Browns-4

Chiefs-4

Dolphins-4

Jets-4

49ers-4

I'm on the fence when it comes to Mangini but I really don't feel like starting all over again.

Yep, that was my point. Thanks for the welcome!

I been saying all along continuity is the road to success

Anyone has to be able to see the improvement this year. I know we're all tired of losing, but constant Coaching changes are NOT going to lead to winning. Mangini has stuck by his beliefs & his plan. This has resulted in noticeable improvement. Yes, there have been, & will be, setbacks, but they are diminishing. Nothing worth having comes without sacrifice & I can sacrifice a bit more when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way, good post & welcome aboard!

Mike

Soon as the team starts losing more games year after year then yes, he should be let go if he's not doing everything in his power to win. Im not talking about someone who went 10-6 one year then 9-7 the next either. I mean someone who went from 10-6 to 8-8 then down to 5-11.

Take Gruden for example. He took over a solid Bucs team that Tony built and got them to the superbowl his first year but then ended up losing more and more games each year that he was there. When a team goes from winning the superbowl to only winning 4 whole games 3 years later there is nobody to blame but the coaching staff.

When Mangini took over this team everything changed for the better. We are light years ahead of where we were 2 years ago in Crennel's last days as our coach.

Mangini has a 3 year contract and I say if we keep winning more and more games each year then yes, keep him around. Now if he want's to gamble with his career and give Daboll one more chance as the OC next season then that is his choice but when Daboll messes up it will all be on Mangini and im sure he knows this.

I just dont understand how some people can expect Mangini to build a house with plastic tools in half the time it takes to build it with a real hammer.

Soon as the team starts losing more games year after year then yes, he should be let go if he's not doing everything in his power to win. Im not talking about someone who went 10-6 one year then 9-7 the next either. I mean someone who went from 10-6 to 8-8 then down to 5-11.

Take Gruden for example. He took over a solid Bucs team that Tony built and got them to the superbowl his first year but then ended up losing more and more games each year that he was there. When a team goes from winning the superbowl to only winning 4 whole games 3 years later there is nobody to blame but the coaching staff.

When Mangini took over this team everything changed for the better. We are light years ahead of where we were 2 years ago in Crennel's last days as our coach.

Mangini has a 3 year contract and I say if we keep winning more and more games each year then yes, keep him around. Now if he want's to gamble with his career and give Daboll one more chance as the OC next season then that is his choice but when Daboll messes up it will all be on Mangini and im sure he knows this.

I just dont understand how some people can expect Mangini to build a house with plastic tools in half the time it takes to build it with a real hammer.

who really thought that we would make the playoffs this year? there are teams that a lot of pundits thought would be super bowl contenders that we are playing better than with half their talent. we went through one of the toughest schedules beating NO and NE and should have beat the JETS CHIEFS and BUCS if not for turnovers. is that manginis fault? if we would have won those games we wouldn't even be having these threads pop up here. half the hang mangini crew would be hoisting him up as the best thing since sliced bread.

I heard a funny quote on Sirius NFL radio the other day when the hosts of Moving the Chains were asked what they think the Browns will be doing with the coaching staff. The response from Pat Kirwan was this: "Here's what's NOT going to happen.... NOTHING". There will be changes in this coaching staff in the off season. Most likely an offensive overhaul.

I think Mangini has brought this team a long way. When he first came on board, I thought he was a distraction and needed to go. The Browns were in the news a ton with all sorts of scandals, like the rookie bus trip, water bottle fines, staph infections, locker room fights, etc... all those things have stopped. In fact, all parties involved in those things are gone. And now that Holmgren is running the front office, the team is winning. Even if we lose out and have the same record as last year, would you not say we've improved?

"First you learn how to work, then you learn how to compete, then you learn win and then you learn how to win consistently". I think Mangini took this one from Paterno, but it's right on. And this is the progression the Browns have been taking all year. The last phase is the one they're in right now.

After all is said and done, there are people with much higher football IQ making these decisions and we have to trust that they know what's best for this team.

I wasn't dancing a jig when Eric turned up on Alfred Lerner Way but he has earned my respect with what he has done and more importantly for the intent behind it. Keep him in place and continue to grow again next year. I am sure that most neutrals would agree that we have areas to work on but that Cleveland is an improved team culturally, physically and actually - there's some personnel skill issues but we'll get there on that front.

Daboll aint up to the job though and I don't want to hear that "we have no weapons" bolllox - he is out of his depth.

I wasn't dancing a jig when Eric turned up on Alfred Lerner Way but he has earned my respect with what he has done and more importantly for the intent behind it. Keep him in place and continue to grow again next year. I am sure that most neutrals would agree that we have areas to work on but that Cleveland is an improved team culturally, physically and actually - there's some personnel skill issues but we'll get there on that front.

Daboll aint up to the job though and I don't want to hear that "we have no weapons" bolllox - he is out of his depth.

Very much agree, Daboll is in over his head for the most part, BUT he sure did look good when Colt was actually getting the team to execute the plays called.

I wanted mangini fired about this time last year, But from what ive seen of the Browns this year, he at the very least derserves another year, RE : Daboll, does Daboll look bad because our WRs dont have much talent? or are our WRs bad because of Daboll's playcalling ? .........personally i want Daboll out !

Hey man I told the Browns forum on cleveland.com they lost a poster. But they dont care. So sad what has happened to that forum. Why did it go downhill like that so fast?

Yeah, the "MODS" allowed all kinds of stupid crap there......then ban people who actually talk football...

Archived