THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt makes the whole team better

cddbrowns

IMO, Hillis plays better, the D plays better and the team all around plays better when Colt is in the game. Now, I know this isnt "magical" or anything, its more to do with his abilities and talents. Difference between Colt and Jake are obvious, people say Hillis is the reason that Mangini is still here, I dont agree. Colt is one of the reasons Hillis has done so well for the MOST part. When a team has to worry about the RB only, they are going to gang up on the line and stop him more than not. Jake brings this to the table IMO. He is over the hill, the plays that are called while he is in are questionable, BUT the wise words of Romeo stand out. "If the play would have worked, it would be brilliant." Or something along that line......

Now, Colt has accuracy (scary accuracy) and is able to run with the ball, throw on the run and pretty much control a game like a few year vet. When teams have to account for that, the S's and LB's are all the sudden having to cover the TE's and (wannabe) WR's on the field. Hillis then has a MUCH better lane to run through. Then when Hillis is going off, teams have to focus on him and Colt is all the sudden able to throw. He has a great play action, he has a great roll out and pass and he ACTUALLY LEADS THE WR'S! Whens the last time we saw that? LOL! The D performs better because they can relax a little bit knowing that the game is not all on them, they are not on the field as much because Colt is able to actually sustain a drive when necessary.

Sorry for the rambling, but trying to explain everything rattling around in the ole melon in one post can end up going all kinds of places. HA!

Mangini brought in Hillis, wanted him added to the trade that Heckert pulled off. People that say Mangini is here only because of Hillis are not thinking that statement through......this team is going in the right direction and the only way anyone wouldnt see that is they have a pure hatred for Mangini or have stars in their eyes for another big name coach.

Let me ask you though, how many of those big name coaches would come here with Holmgren and Heckert still in charge? My guess, not many.......they would want total control IMO.

Jon gruden jr (duece) texted me tonight and said his dad would have no problem working with holmgren again..

Yes, mangini did like what he saw out of hillis and may have played a role in getting him. That said, last years drat was bad minus alex mack who is sexy like a chocalate strawberry.

Jon gruden jr (duece) texted me tonight and said his dad would have no problem working with holmgren again..

Yes, mangini did like what he saw out of hillis and may have played a role in getting him. That said, last years drat was bad minus alex mack who is sexy like a chocalate strawberry.

Your a douche, you know that right?

Why do people still hold that against Mangini when he no longer has anything to do with the draft other than input? And honestly, Heckert wont listen to anything too crazy like Robo in the second I would think.....so he can now coach, which he can obviously do. How many guys on this team are playing above their supposed talent? Thats coaching man, and the FO is finally structured the way its supposed to be. I just cant understand why Browns fans continuously want to blow everything up.

Why do people still hold that against Mangini when he no longer has anything to do with the draft other than input? And honestly, Heckert wont listen to anything too crazy like Robo in the second I would think.....so he can now coach, which he can obviously do. How many guys on this team are playing above their supposed talent? Thats coaching man, and the FO is finally structured the way its supposed to be. I just cant understand why Browns fans continuously want to blow everything up.

exactly. what happened to super bowl faves MINN or DALLAS with all of their talent? bad coaching with tons of talent. even WASH with the addition of mcnabb was supposed to be better. what happened to qb guru shanahan (ala gruden)? we see how good that turned out and wasn't he another 'proven big name coach'? let mangini have one more year and barring catastrophic injuries, if we don't sniff the playoffs next year i'll jump on the 'get the bum out of town' bandwagon along with the rest or you impatient fxxks.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...s_mike_hol.html

"It's part of the three-year plan," said Holmgren. "If we can answer the quarterback question -- and I haven't said we answered it -- that's a huge deal. The other guys aren't as difficult." It's most logical to construe that all "[t]he other guys" are players, not coaches because of expressio unius est exclusio alterius. That is, express mention by Holmgren of a "three year plan" logically includes the Penguin and his huddle at least through the 2011-12 season.

What you guys are suggesting is that whenever Holmgren mentions the name of another NFL coach he means to bring him in to replace Mangini. Seems to be a pretty misguided assumption, at least, for two reasons. The first is that the rules of sensible application of another's statements don't account for it; the second considers the combined weight of the following factors. That is that despite Holmgren's stated intent to sit McCoy for an entire year; his actions to bring in starting QB and back-up QB mentors to buffer McCoy from the field it was Mangini's & Smith's "never say never" approach to preparing McCoy for this season which contributed directly to McCoy's success under fire in Pittsburgh.

Maybe Holmgren will consult Gruden again next year as to whether or not the Browns should pick the NCAA's next most accurate or winningest QB in the 2011 draft, but asking a friend to validate what you already think is the best potential player doesn't make the friend the best person available to develop the player to play, especially when you prefer to have the same player sit and watch. Hope you can follow that; like chess, it's a level or two above checkers, or even Madden '11, I suspect.

Well no shit Sherlock. Like they didn't coach together in Green Bay. FYI, Holmgren's running the show in Cleveland not Gruden's kiddie. And Bless his heart, the kiddie has got to be a big Browns fan, just like Grandpa Gruden. I bet Gruden Jr. is almost creaming his pants at the mere thought of daddy actually coaching the Browns.

Ya know, can the GAY BS already. I have a pretty good contact with a guy who happens to live next door to Bill Belichick & has him over for dinner, but I don't go spouting off about my "Inside dope".

Well no shit Sherlock. Like they didn't coach together in Green Bay. FYI, Holmgren's running the show in Cleveland not Gruden's kiddie. And Bless his heart, the kiddie has got to be a big Browns fan, just like Grandpa Gruden. I bet Gruden Jr. is almost creaming his pants at the mere thought of daddy actually coaching the Browns.

Ya know, can the GAY BS already. I have a pretty good contact with a guy who happens to live next door to Bill Belichick & has him over for dinner, but I don't go spouting off about my "Inside dope".

My neighbor has 3 rabbits.

Next time ur friend has belickick over You should hide in your friends closet and secretly video tape there dinner..

My neighbor has 3 rabbits.

Next time ur friend has belickick over You should hide in your friends closet and secretly video tape there dinner..

Sorry about your luck with the rabbits.

And there's things you get on a personal level if you're cool about things you NEVER post on a message board.

Go look at my sig- and since you're all over Gruden's (well, you know) you ought to know he's a UD grad just like me. So where was that MNF football game a few weeks back played? Cincy right? Well I bet you didn't know Jon & the whole crew were up here in a Dayton restaurant nigh onto UD I frequent on a regular basis Saturday before the game. (go text his kid for verification) I'm all pally with the waitress that served 'em. NYAH, NYAH, NYAH ain't telling you squat (or anyone else) what I heard.

And there's things you get on a personal level if you're cool about things you NEVER post on a message board.

Go look at my sig- and since you're all over Gruden's (well, you know) you ought to know he's a UD grad just like me. So where was that MNF football game a few weeks back played? Cincy right? Well I bet you didn't know Jon & the whole crew were up here in a Dayton restaurant nigh onto UD I frequent on a regular basis Saturday before the game. (go text his kid for verification) I'm all pally with the waitress that served 'em. NYAH, NYAH, NYAH ain't telling you squat (or anyone else) what I heard.

Wait ur kidding right? Saturday night before the game? He told me he wasn't going out, that two timing bastard!

Btw, if ur friend did hear anything I'm sure it was jon being jon, he loves to mess with people

Really good reliable sources generally stop being sources at all if their pals start blabbing.

You have seriously turned from someone who could give a decent opinion that made sense, to an asshole who is actually turning out to be worse that some of the Steeler trolls on this forum. I have NEVER blocked anyone but a Steeler troll on this forum, but you should be honored to know that you will be my first Browns fan that I block.

Yes, Mangini can be credited with getting Hillis here, but he should not be judged for anything other than his coaching. I am sick and xxxxing tired of how everyone brings his draft into consideration for why he should be fired. Guess what you xxxx tard, he was already fired from his GM responsibilities! If you made one xxxxing bit of sense maybe some people would start listening to you again you dumb piece of shit!

You have seriously turned from someone who could give a decent opinion that made sense, to an asshole who is actually turning out to be worse that some of the Steeler trolls on this forum. I have NEVER blocked anyone but a Steeler troll on this forum, but you should be honored to know that you will be my first Browns fan that I block.

Yes, Mangini can be credited with getting Hillis here, but he should not be judged for anything other than his coaching. I am sick and xxxxing tired of how everyone brings his draft into consideration for why he should be fired. Guess what you xxxx tard, he was already fired from his GM responsibilities! If you made one xxxxing bit of sense maybe some people would start listening to you again you dumb piece of shit!

Actually, Koko was the so called "GM" but I think its assumed that Mangini was in charge. Either way, that was 09, this is 10 and his HC abilities are what should be judged now that the Browns FINALLY have a proper structure put in place with proven guys from the league.

King,

Yes, I do think that the winning attitude that Colt brings to the team rubs off as well. But Quinn had that "leader" mentality too from what was written about him, but lacked the skill to do anything with it. It takes both. And Im 36 so I guess Im one year out of your cut off. LOL!

Actually, Koko was the so called "GM" but I think its assumed that Mangini was in charge. Either way, that was 09, this is 10 and his HC abilities are what should be judged now that the Browns FINALLY have a proper structure put in place with proven guys from the league.

I know he wasn't actually the GM but because what's his name who was actually GM didn't do his job and got fired half way through the season because of it.

I can't believe you went so public with out break up!

Seriously, I'm going to tone down the gruden talk,. Funny thing is I was attacked for just stating how I felt. I was called dumb, moron and Retarded. I assumed people would see through the sarcasm and kidding.

Just to make it clear. No I don't tweet with jon gruden or his son. Thought that was obvious!

Second I can't tell by grudens voice or the look in his eyes if he is coming to cleveland.

Third, I don't play checkers or madded on coaching mode...

Fourth michael jackson never really stopped to use my bathroom, but his sister did.

I can't believe you went so public with out break up!

Seriously, I'm going to tone down the gruden talk,. Funny thing is I was attacked for just stating how I felt. I was called dumb, moron and Retarded. I assumed people would see through the sarcasm and kidding.

Just to make it clear. No I don't tweet with jon gruden or his son. Thought that was obvious!

Second I can't tell by grudens voice or the look in his eyes if he is coming to cleveland.

Third, I don't play checkers or madded on coaching mode...

Fourth michael jackson never really stopped to use my bathroom, but his sister did.

It's a little bit of a shame that you had to explain this. I know we're "serious fans," but can't we have a sense of humor? I find it hard to believe that anybody's in love with Mangini after 5-11 and 5-8. He may stay, he may go... but I don't think it's the end of the world either say. The given seems to be that Daboll will be gone and we'll most likely run Holmgren's offense in 2011.

He did handpick McCoy for that purpose.

It's a little bit of a shame that you had to explain this. I know we're "serious fans," but can't we have a sense of humor? I find it hard to believe that anybody's in love with Mangini after 5-11 and 5-8. He may stay, he may go... but I don't think it's the end of the world either say. The given seems to be that Daboll will be gone and we'll most likely run Holmgren's offense in 2011.

He did handpick McCoy for that purpose.

His idea of sarcasm falls more into the troll category. Seriously if he wants mangini fired then fine but don't make senseless post and topics about stupid ass rumors that aren't true. I know these "conversations" are false but it how he always posts the same stupid troll bullshit that pisses me off.

His idea of sarcasm falls more into the troll category. Seriously if he wants mangini fired then fine but don't make senseless post and topics about stupid ass rumors that aren't true. I know these "conversations" are false but it how he always posts the same stupid troll bullshit that pisses me off.

Hill, I get it... but I'm sure there are real things in the real world worthy of getting pissed over. I don't think Mangini-Gruden really should raise your blood pressure. I'm coming from a place on another board where two groups started bleeding from the eyes based on anything the "other side" wrote. It's absurd.

I'm sure it's usually the vagueness of the Interwebs, but I got the sense he was just joking around. And you seem like a terrific poster, too.

Hill, I get it... but I'm sure there are real things in the real world worthy of getting pissed over. I don't think Mangini-Gruden really should raise your blood pressure. I'm coming from a place on another board where two groups started bleeding from the eyes based on anything the "other side" wrote. It's absurd.

I'm sure it's usually the vagueness of the Interwebs, but I got the sense he was just joking around. And you seem like a terrific poster, too.

Well we don't have to worry about it anymore because he is blocked from my eyes.

Well, his hyperbole wasn't playing well because it honked a bunch of us off. It's time to can the so and so is going to coach the Browns for the time being. NOTHING's going to happen until after the season, and there will be ample time for speculation then.

I'm just tired of give the coach the heave-ho every 2-3 years routine.

Well, his hyperbole wasn't playing well because it honked a bunch of us off. It's time to can the so and so is going to coach the Browns for the time being. NOTHING's going to happen until after the season, and there will be ample time for speculation then.

I'm just tired of give the coach the heave-ho every 2-3 years routine.

ZACTLY!

Archived