THE BROWNS BOARD

Apprently a rumor on WKNR about Mangini

cddbrowns

Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

Holmgren would never allow such a cheesy scenario to take place on his watch ... if so, he would be the one needing to be shown the door.

One of the reasons I call BS, also the fact that it came from Sabrina on the WKNR is another big reason. HA!

Yea, isn't she the one that claimed one of the Browns she was dating beat her up about 6 months ago?

I know that she was dating Brandon McDonald, but dont know anything about being beaten. BMAC couldnt have done TOO much damage, he always avoided tackling.....

Sabrina apparently said this morning that the players were told by the coaches that they (the coaches) are leaving, or at least acting like it. Also told to play well because they are playing for their jobs. Anyone hear this? I live in Va Beach so I didnt get to hear it, but honestly I call COMPLETE BS! Just a thought.....

Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

Sounds like it's getting out there, as these things do. I don't know from Sabrina (I'm in L.A.), but if she dated a player, my guess is she's connected to other players. I'm also betting she didn't just make it up... someone told her the players get the sense the staff isn't coming back.

Clayton was all over the Holmgren hiring, so I'm betting he also gets a vibe that Holmgren wants to take his chances with his own people and his own schemes... which I do understand.

In the end, the outcome might change, but that doesn't mean any of this is bullshit.

I think we should have hired McDaniels like so many Browns fans wanted over Mangini.....(in rampant sarcastic tone)

Just cuz you want something to happen doesn't make it true.. I want a link to the comments or I won't believe it. And just because Clayton covered the hiring of Holmgren doesn't mean he can read the guys mind.

This is one of those times you just wait and see what happens next. I am more concerned about the next few games. I have enjoyed watching the Browns play more competitively this year (outside the bills game), but would like to see some more victories before having to wait another 9 months for football.. or possibly more depending on the lockout..

Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

Here the thing "one upper" I am indifferent as to whether or not Mangini stays or goes. Once the game is over its just a W or a L.

Keeping Jake in last week IS up to Mangini. My main problem with EM is that in his determination to to stay the course whether or not that course is working or not could be detrimental in the long run. C'mon falling back to the excuse that the Browns have no talent is just that an excuse. They had the talent to beat the Pats and Saints so they should have the talent to beat the Bills.

Here the thing "one upper" I am indifferent as to whether or not Mangini stays or goes. Once the game is over its just a W or a L.

Keeping Jake in last week IS up to Mangini. My main problem with EM is that in his determination to to stay the course whether or not that course is working or not could be detrimental in the long run. C'mon falling back to the excuse that the Browns have no talent is just that an excuse. They had the talent to beat the Pats and Saints so they should have the talent to beat the Bills.

I'm ambivalent on Mangini. I know we need a new OC and a new offensive philosophy, but I think that's a given.

What do I think WILL happen? I think 7-9 gives him a shot. Anything less and Holmgren puts his stamp on the organization in a more meaningful way.

This should be a matter of pride is what I mean. I doubt the players are saying "hey guys were not that bad considering we have no talent". Like someone said before thats loser talk and you won't hear that from a pro athlete only on message boards.

i believe every word of this rumor. i also believe in aliens and free hooker wednesdays.

Actually, it is half priced Sundays afternoons. They figure to catch a lot of business that way from all the guys who had to spend the morning in church. Since they have repented their sins in the morning and been given a clean slate they are free to go out that afternoon and replenish their supply for the next week.

I really can't believe anyone listens to that sh*t show on WKNR

For as great ofa Sports town Cleveland is, our sports radio has got to be among the worst. I seldom ever tune into these drum beaters unless it's after a live sporting event I attended and I want to hear the stats on the drive home.

I do like the high school football coverage at times, but the rest blows.

Hmmmm, seems same typical trolls in any forum on the web.....oh well. Look, I just said what I heard from a Cleveland buddy, if anyone else had heard or whatever, fine. If not, why attack the OP? Good Lord, go get a hug from somebody....you need it.

And Mangini should stay....

I hate to think it, but I have a feeling that this is probably true. It sucks.....Mangini has shown me more than any other HC since this team returned. I don't really give a crap if the losers in the New York media don't like him. If this happens, and Gruden comes here...well...he better be a f*cking genius and win immediately, or the fans will turn on Holmgren. Personally, I've never been all that thrilled with the hiring of Holmgren. Maybe his plan has always been to coach this team. I can't wait to see how that works out. Next season we'll be signing Favre to a 10 year contract. Here we go again.....another "rebuilding" process. Maybe it's time for Lerner to sell the team. I've never thought that before, but I know some of you guys have felt that way for a while. If this "Holmgren crap" doesn't work out, what then? Sorry....this just really gets me going. Just when it looks like the team is headed in the right direction..."yeah...lets fire the HC...good idea!"....f*cking idiots!!

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Sabrina also had sources that said Lebron was staying, the week he left!

Rizzo knows nothing about sports. As much as Cleveland fans would hate, and won't agree with it, Aaron Goldhammer knows more than any of the guys on the show.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

And Rizzo is so wishy washy. One day he will be bashing a player and then that player will come on the show and he will be their best friend. I.E. Seneca Wallace, Abe Elam.

And Rizzo is so wishy washy. One day he will be bashing a player and then that player will come on the show and he will be their best friend. I.E. Seneca Wallace, Abe Elam.

to be fair though, Elam SUCKED when used in coverage. But when they moved him closer to the line and put him in the backfield, he is making plays now. I could understand the change of mind with him at least.

Archived