Steelers won't need a win vs. Browns

silverbackattack

In all likelihood, Pgh will not need to win come last game of the

season vs. Cle. And Cle. will likely be eying a higher draft pick

so they may not even really try to win either. In order for this

game to matter to Pgh they will have to probably lose at least

one of the next two game, vs. Jets and Panthers. If Pgh has a

week 1 bye secured, they simply won't have anything to play for

unless Pats drop a game, and I don't see that happening.

Not that any of this matters, as Pgh won't have an answer to

stopping the Pats come play offs. A team that doesn't need to

rush the ball to win is the precise team that can beat Pgh. And

clearly, that is what the Pats are.

The Steelers only have a one game lead over the Ravens. So they absolutely would need a win over the Browns to win the division. The Ratbirds pulling that game out in OT vs. the DumbAssTexans saved their bacon.

If the two teams end up the season tied, the first tiebreaker is head to head, which is tied.

The second tie breaker is division record. The Steelers have one division loss, the Ravens 2. So, from that standpoint, yea, the Steelers will need that win.

The next tie break is best W-L in tie common games.

Beating the Steelers always has meaning. It goes into the record book.

If the Steelers are too afraid of getting beat up by teh Browns, they should just forfiet the game.

Regardless of what homosexuals Tomlin puts in to play, the Browns will bitchslap the Steelers and send them into the playoffs injured, banged up and holding their tail between their legs.

:lol:

You must be new to watching the NFL. If there is ANYone of these two

teams who gets crushed and beat up each game, it's the Browns. Do

a little research in to modern history.

a W won't mean nearly as much if they play batch instead of ben. either way, i will be at the game and hoping for a W. this will be my first time @ the stadium for the browns vs steelers game. i'm very excite!

It won't likely be Batch if Ben is held out. It will be Leftwich, who doesn't

have a starting gig in the NFL for a reason. Almost as bad as Delhomme.

Wait, he's not _that_ bad. :wacko:

yeah don't start phoning it in with the we won't need the win so we won't play starters bs. look what happened to the colts last year because of that. coaches/teams need to play to win at all times. that's what will make this victory against the squeelers in the season finale soooo sweet.

You must live a sad sad life who ever you are. Spending hours upon hours just roaming the internet trying to gloat about a team your not a part of. I cant even begin to imagine how many other teams forums you do this on besides the Browns.

You start a squeeler topic on a Browns board just to wait for us to reply so you can say we talk about the squeelers to much like you do in every other topic. It doesn't matter if only 1 one of us replies to a thread you started because you and your circle jerk buddies will post one sentence over and over so the thread gets up to 20 pages long just so you can justify talking smack about how long steeler threads are on a Browns board even though it's only trolls who reply to keep the topic going.

I guess when your wife gets a few drinks in her and whips your ass, signing up to an internet forum just to run your mouth is the only way you can feel like a real man again so do what you gotta do. Just remember, were laughing at you for wasting hours and hours of your time everyday by coming here cause not one of us cares what you think. We all know your football knowledge is what you see from playing Madden so have at it.

i hope this doesn't happen. i want the steelers to play their players and the browns to beat them. it makes for a better rivalry.

I dont think that will be the case. In Fact this week a VERY Tough out for the Steelers. NYJ is desperate... And The Steelers will nedd to play Much better this week to get a win than what I have seen in recent weeks. I Hope they are ready... not sold at this point. Ariens wants to Play chess... Chess will get you about 13 point vs the Jets. Throw the Damn ball and put the pressure on the Jets...or We will be in a Tie with the rat Birds yet again.

In all likelihood, Pgh will not need to win come last game of the

season vs. Cle. And Cle. will likely be eying a higher draft pick

so they may not even really try to win either. In order for this

game to matter to Pgh they will have to probably lose at least

one of the next two game, vs. Jets and Panthers. If Pgh has a

week 1 bye secured, they simply won't have anything to play for

unless Pats drop a game, and I don't see that happening.

Not that any of this matters, as Pgh won't have an answer to

stopping the Pats come play offs. A team that doesn't need to

rush the ball to win is the precise team that can beat Pgh. And

clearly, that is what the Pats are.

It don't matter whether they lay down or not, just beat the shit out of them that's all that matters. No mercy, it will make the off season that much sweeter.

Who cares if the Steelers need a win or not. We need to win every game we play irregardless of our "motivation".

The Steelers are crap. Steeler trolls on this forum are crap. Pittsburgh is crap. No one on this board wants to read crap about a team that is crap that is located in a town that is crap, written by trolls who are crap. It's just too much crap.

Longhorn Wrote

The Steelers are crap. Steeler trolls on this forum are crap. Pittsburgh is crap. No one on this board wants to read crap about a team that is crap that is located in a town that is crap, written by trolls who are crap. It's just too much crap.

Crap!!! No wonder you guys called your team the Browns. Now I understand your little brown smurf mascot you guys have so much better.

Just curious about your definition of crap. So 10-3 is crap but 5-8 is golden? Going to the play-offs is crap, but 9 out of 10 seasons out of the play-offs is golden? Six World Championships is crap, but no Super Bowl appearances are golden? How can Pittsburgh possibly compete with Cleveland, you guys have the market cornered on golden.

The Steelers may clinch a bye this week if they beat the Jets, which I expect them to do. While I believe the Jets defense can continue to make our offense look pathetic, our offense should still be better than the one led by Sanchez. The Ravens probably will not beat the Saints. When you shake out the records Pittsburgh will have the tie breaker if they beat either the Jets or the Browns and therefore with a victory over the Jets, we will not need the Browns game. Since we are so beat up, if the Browns game is meaningless, many of our starters will likely not play. Getting a bye week is all that's important for the Steelers at this point, we need the rest to have any chance of beating New England. While I want to beat Cleveland, the goal is winning the Super Bowl.

i hope this doesn't happen. i want the steelers to play their players and the browns to beat them. it makes for a better rivalry.

it's not like your team would be a lock to win even if we played our second string at every position. in fact, i think vegas would still be giving us a 3 point advantage.

Can't wait till we beat you and you lose homefield. Good stuff dick.

Steelers don't really need homefield advantage. we've proved in the past that we can win a world championship without it. can you guys say the same?

don't bother answering, we all know you can't.

Modern History : Last two games played, we are 1 and 1.

well, even IF you only wanted to include games from last year and this one then "modern history" would in fact be 2-1 in favor of the Steelers. if you look back since the re-invention of your team..........well, i think i've made my point.

Who cares if the Steelers need a win or not. We need to win every game we play irregardless of our "motivation".

and yet, the VAST MAJORITY of Steeler threads i've seen on this board in the past 2yrs have been started by a browns fan. haters usually take out their own shortcomings on ones that have it all, so i understand.............just don't act like 3/4 of this fanbase didn't wish they had a championship caliber team like we do.

Longhorn Wrote

Crap!!! No wonder you guys called your team the Browns. Now I understand your little brown smurf mascot you guys have so much better.

Just curious about your definition of crap. So 10-3 is crap but 5-8 is golden? Going to the play-offs is crap, but 9 out of 10 seasons out of the play-offs is golden? Six World Championships is crap, but no Super Bowl appearances are golden? How can Pittsburgh possibly compete with Cleveland, you guys have the market cornered on golden.

I guess there are a lot of different ways to measure crap. Despite all the alleged advantages that you have that you have outlined here the Steelers are still crap. Why, because they are. They are the dumbest, ugliest team in creation. Their fans are Troglodytes, their players are Neanderthals, their city is a cesspool. And it is all a matter of opinion. You want to argue with that opinion? I have a place for you to conduct your argument:

head_up_butt.jpg

Archived