THE BROWNS BOARD

WhoDey! WhoDey!

hoorta

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with great sorrow I must report to the many Browns fans in SW Ohio we couldn't buy up enough tickets to prevent our Browns from being blacked out here. Fairweathers are going to go out and do some last minute Christmas shopping instead. Fortunately, there's always a Road Trip to an OSU Sports Bar as an option. :)

BLACKOUT: Sunday's Bengals-Browns game at Paul Brown Stadium is not a sellout, the Bengals Ticket Office announced Thursday. In accordance with NFL policy, the game will not be televised in the Bengals home market cities of Cincinnati, Dayton and Lexington, Ky. NFL policy states that games must be sold out 72 hours in advance of kickoff to be televised locally. The sellout deadline was at 1 p.m. Thursday.

In the Bengals home market only, there will be a 72-hour period during which there will be no charge for fans to access a replay of the Cleveland game broadcast (CBS) on NFL.com. During the 72-hour period, fans in the Bengals home market will see an "NFL Game Rewind" tab or banner on the home page of NFL.com.

The window for free viewing will begin at midnight on Sunday (Monday morning) and will run through midnight Wednesday (Thursday morning). The only time during that period in which the replay will not be available will be during the ESPN Monday Night Football telecast on Dec. 20.

Hey Larry, quit your bitching. Here in Memphis I get to see the homosexual Titans and listen to idiots glorify Peyton Manning while calling him.......... Pie-un.

You think Bengals fans blow? You should come to SEC land.

If OSU doesn't bury Arkansas I am going to commit suicide.

I understand you sometimes have to do what you have to do and end up in places that aren't your first choice, but I will have to say Memphis isn't a good indicator of southern living.

Memphis pretty much sucks.

Here in East Tennessee people don't even think of Memphis being a part of the state.

I do understand your feelings about the bowl game. Memphis has to have quite a few Razorbacks with Arkansas a river away.

It would really suck for you had OSU been matched against one of the Mississippi schools as I know a lot of their fans get sucked in to the black hole called Memphis.

Hoorta i live in Dayton as well and am going to go down and buy some scalped tickets for the game, but word is the game may be on at Tagerts in Patterson park. They have a pretty good dish, another place to check would be Katz and Clancys both have old school dishes that can dial in Cleve networks. if you havent been to Tagerts its by far the best Browns bar in the area. Hope this helps..

Yes... The game will be blacked out in Cincinnati & Dayton, as well as SW Ohio NFL Sunday Ticket customers. The Browns Backers bar (Slatt's) in Cincinnati sent an e-mail out to all members stating they will not be able to get the game, either... The good news is Bengals tickets are selling for rock-bottom prices. I'm hearing about Bengals fans selling their tickets for like $10, $25, and so on... I managed to get a free ticket from a coworker who doesn't want to be in the cold at the stadium...

Yes... The game will be blacked out in Cincinnati & Dayton, as well as SW Ohio NFL Sunday Ticket customers. The Browns Backers bar (Slatt's) in Cincinnati sent an e-mail out to all members stating they will not be able to get the game, either... The good news is Bengals tickets are selling for rock-bottom prices. I'm hearing about Bengals fans selling their tickets for like $10, $25, and so on... I managed to get a free ticket from a coworker who doesn't want to be in the cold at the stadium...

So is it being televised anywhere?

my friend in cincinnati said that there were free tickets/tickets on the ground for the previous bengals home game.

Hoorta i live in Dayton as well and am going to go down and buy some scalped tickets for the game, but word is the game may be on at Tagerts in Patterson park. They have a pretty good dish, another place to check would be Katz and Clancys both have old school dishes that can dial in Cleve networks. if you havent been to Tagerts its by far the best Browns bar in the area. Hope this helps..

ITHIKA, you're right Taggarts is the best Browns bar around Dayton. I have been a member of the Browns Club there since 2001. They have NFL Ticket so every Browns game is on there. Next best thing other than being at the game. FYI, Hoorta met me there a couple of years ago for a game. Free grilled burgers etc. even for non-members, can't beat it. Hope to see you there sometime. Mike

So is it being televised anywhere?

It will be on regular TV anywhere outside of the Cincinnati market "Death Zone" which is a 75 mile radius around Cinti. Unfortunately, Dayton and Lexington Kentucky get screwed. Lima and Columbus Ohio do not.

The game will rebroadcast on nfl.com after midnight- how nice of them. If I was going to be in town I'd head down and get a cheap tix.

True story about the last time the Bengals were sucking this bad. Guy couldn't unload his extra tickets, so left three of them under his windshield wipers when he got back from the game there were 8 tickets there.

I'm pretty darn sure it and all games are on the NFL ticket, regardless of blackout.

Games that are blacked out are not on in the market where they are blacked out on regular TV. I've had a couple of Chargers blackouts to deal with this year with the Sunday ticket despite living nearly 100 miles from the Chargers stadium.

The Browns game is only blacked out in the Cincinatti market so for the rest of us it will be just fine.

The tavern will be open again this week as always.

So no one has answered the question still, will the game be on Direct TV NFL Ticket? Im in Cuba.

man if you've got direct tv (which is pay satellite) for a select team or the whole league you can get the vulcans vs. romulons if you dial it up. depends on what package you got. if your local sports bar can't get the local team, sell-out or not, then they're not doing their job. in cincy it's prob cuz they don't sell schoeling's little kings anymore. GULP!

If you cannot watch the game, go to channelsurfing.net and you can watch every game from your computer.

I live in South Florida, so I buy Sunday NFL Ticket because the one and only Browns game that would be televised for me is the Dolphins game on Dec 5th.

Note: For channelsurfing.net to work, you MUST use Internet Explorer. Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera will not work. For the stream to work correctly, you may have to download some sort of software, but it is no harm to your computer.

I remember in years past a story about a couple in Cincy who had a pair of extra tickets. They tried enticing other Bengal fans with their freebies to no avail. So, on Game Day they tried to again off the tickets in the lot, but again no takers. So they stuck the two tickets under their windshield wiper on their car and headed to the game thinking that maybe someone looking for tickets may spot the tixs and use them. When they returned to their car after the game, there were SIX tickets stuck under their windshield wiper. LOL

hope you guys either buy up some tickets or can watch it online or in a bar.

worst NFL rule ever. complete idiocy! hope maybe the blackout rule gets changed in the CBA(if it can be).

might not like the browns, but the fans deserve to watch their team play.

So no one has answered the question still, will the game be on Direct TV NFL Ticket? Im in Cuba.

Is Cuba inside the 75 miles from Cincy, if it is you cant watch the game. I was pretty good in school, so I think your safe cause I think Cuba is 76 miles from Cincy

Archived