THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm sick and tired of losing games we shouldn't

DAWGPOUND16

This team has pissed away waaaaayyyyyyy too many games away, I'm sick and tired of it. See ya Mangina and Dumboll.

Seems this could have been added to numerous other threads saying the same thing.

Look, 6 wins is about what this team is. Face it we have improved and are in every game, but we won games we shouldnt have and also lost won we shouldnt have.

With so many rookie starters, i think we are doing ok really!!

Daboll should have been gone already and he WILL be. Holmgren cannot possibly put up with this much longer.

Mccoy is ideal for a quick strike offense and Holmgren will implement one

Rob Ryan should stay...we just need better LB's and depth at DL.

Oh and a true #1 WR

Cribbs should be ST only with a few WildDawg plays thrown in. We need his KR abilities to return

Patience grasshoppa, we wil eventually win more than we lose!

I could win fairly consistently with this team just as it is, most coaches could by simply being flexible and creative as opposed to stiff and rigid with a bad system for open mindedness and bold new player usage..

Mangini and his practice system determines who plays and who dont and this can and does adversely effect the coordinators playbooks...

As well as limiting how much actual experience a rook gets which then comes back to bite when he has to step up and play..wretched system..

A few thoughts on The Browns.

First, our offense, clearly looks better with Colt at the helm. He's started 6 games and is 2-4 yet he's ALSO a rookie! His numbers :

1. He completes 91 percent of passes behind the line of scrimmage, which is above the 85 percent average.

2. He completes 60 percent of passes from 1-10 yards, below the average of 67 percent.

3. He completes 65 percent of passes from 10-20 yards, above the average of 40 percent.

4. He has had only two passes batted down at the line of scrimmage.

5. His 7.7 yards per attempt is No. 9 in the NFL.

6. When blitzed, he completes 60 percent of passes. He has been sacked on nine of 66 blitzes, but has not thrown an interception in these circumstances.

In McCoy's five starts (2-3 record), the weakest team he faced was Jacksonville (8-5). The combined record of the five teams is 48-17! He faced three of the top six NFL defenses -- the Steelers, the Jets and the Saints.

I honestly think he has what it takes to play ,and play well, at this level. Here's to his continued growth! Timing with his receivers, speed of the game, and new nfl looks are going to get better with him.

Our O line, we need an upgrade at RT which would help in both run support and pass blocking.

Our receivers, definate need for a FA and hopefully a good 2nd round pick in the draft (let MoMass, Robo, Stucky battle it out ). Picking up a TE later in draft or trade might be pleasant as well because although Watson is playing well, Moore needs to be replaced or stay healthy(which doesn't look all that promising).

Our RB's , we need to resign Vickers! Get Hillis a changeup guy wether it's Hardesty I dunno but I HOPE so.

Finally, as far as Dabs goes, I don't really care if he stays or goes but I don't think our ineptitude is all on him. It's different with McCoy in the game(we even had posts started about people maybe reconsidering that he sucks after Colt's first 3 games).

Secondly, our defense, is in ways ALOT better than last year! (Also pretty apparent how much difference Fujita makes when we watch with him out)

Our D line has few positives Rubin being one of them. I think it's way time to get whatever we can for Rodgers. We need a DE!

Our secondary is vastly improved with the additions of Haden and TJ Ward! I think Brown and Elam are keepers for now. Wright seems like there's something wrong with him mentally this season or seeing opposing offenses key on him whenever he's in is just making his previous shortcomings more apparent.

Our LB's have some base . Roth and Fujita are both definate keepers. I think we need to address speed issues!

Rob Ryan ? Dunno if I like him or think he's over rated! (not HC material IMO) However a couple more pieces ( DE aand LB) might really clear up some doubts.

Third, special teams.Again we're pretty damn good! If anthing we need to find a replacement for Dawson much as I like him. Cribbs might be another issue as well. I admire his efforts but to me he hasn't developed into a receiver yet although there are places to utilize him. He's been hurt and teams simply don't kick to him so much of what he was vaunted for is pointless today.

And finally, Mangini...

I think he should stay. I've seen enough positives to grant him one more draft and offseason aquires to see what he can do . Some of the improvements are astonishing and most of the negatives spouted by media have been quietly forgotten or dispelled ( not all mind you )

Anyways so far this year I've started to once again "like" to watch this team and really do believe things are changing for the better!

Archived