THE BROWNS BOARD

Scoring First

MDSPHOTO

Since the Browns have come back to the NFL, and especially the last 3-years, it seems to me that they get on the board first the majority of the time. Since we don't get the games in the Southeast I live by the ticker that shows all the other scores in the game I am watching, and it always seems like every games begins Browns 3, other team 0. So how do they seem to drive down the field at the opening of every game and then struggle to get back down the field the rest of the game? I have no idea how to find the stats, but I would love to see how many times they get on the board first over the last 3 years and then lose. Even more interesting would be how many time have they been tied or led going into half time only to lose.

Since the Browns have come back to the NFL, and especially the last 3-years, it seems to me that they get on the board first the majority of the time. Since we don't get the games in the Southeast I live by the ticker that shows all the other scores in the game I am watching, and it always seems like every games begins Browns 3, other team 0. So how do they seem to drive down the field at the opening of every game and then struggle to get back down the field the rest of the game? I have no idea how to find the stats, but I would love to see how many times they get on the board first over the last 3 years and then lose. Even more interesting would be how many time have they been tied or led going into half time only to lose.

This year especially. which is why I was still nervous in both the Saints and Patriots games this year until there was about 2:00 left in the game...

I would attribute it to other teams adjusting to our offensive scheme, and then we have no offensive adjustments once we are shut down.. Then our defense is on the field too much and gets tired, giving up lots of points in the process... Until we get more offensive playmakers and a good offensive coordinator, I don't see this changing...

I am also a bit jealous the bears scooped up Mike Martz cuz he is an offensive mastermind! I would love to have him work with colt mccoy...

This year especially. which is why I was still nervous in both the Saints and Patriots games this year until there was about 2:00 left in the game...

I would attribute it to other teams adjusting to our offensive scheme, and then we have no offensive adjustments once we are shut down.. Then our defense is on the field too much and gets tired, giving up lots of points in the process... Until we get more offensive playmakers and a good offensive coordinator, I don't see this changing...

I am also a bit jealous the bears scooped up Mike Martz cuz he is an offensive mastermind! I would love to have him work with colt mccoy...

I would love to have anybody then who we have now. Daboll sucks donkey balls. Well thats what I heard

SCORED FIRST 7

SCORED FIRST & LOST 3

LEADING OR TIED @ HALFTIME & LOST 5

SCORED FIRST 10

SCORED FIRST & LOST 5

LEADING OR TIED @ HALFTIME & LOST 1

SCORED FIRST 10

SCORED FIRST & LOST 6

LEADING OR TIED @ HALFTIME & LOST 3

So in the last 42 games the Browns have scored first 64% of the time

Archived