THE BROWNS BOARD

Is this the real McCoy?

MDDawg

Colt and Hillis shouldn't even be playing in these last 2 games. More Dumbgenious at work. Save them for next year. This year is O-V-E-R............ Three forths of the team is just going through the motions at this time. They've checked out for the year.

Well, Colt's performance in typical Cleveland conditions was not reassuring. To be competitive in this division we have to win games like these at this time of the year. Do we continue the experiment or pursue Luck or Newton in the draft?

Good idea. Get rid of the QB and the head coach...something never tried before in cleveland.

Or.....

Further evaluate Colt and make sure you don't pass up the next Peyton Manning because you already have the next Trent Dilfer on your roster.

BTW, we have zero chance on getting Luck.

Colt was clearly terrible today. But I would stick with Colt at this point. One bad game and 4 or 5 good ones?

...And with Washington winning today, we are tied for 5th pick with 4 other teams.. These last 4 games could be a blessing in disguise if it helps us pick up A.J. Green or some other big time player...

Colt was clearly terrible today. But I would stick with Colt at this point. One bad game and 4 or 5 good ones?

...And with Washington winning today, we are tied for 5th pick with 4 other teams.. These last 4 games could be a blessing in disguise if it helps us pick up A.J. Green or some other big time player...

Just so everyone knows the tie breaker in the draft are based on strength of schedule. The higher SoS the lower pick you get and we have the 3rd toughest.

We can't get Luck and we shouldn't touch Newton with a conditional 7th rounder.

I can't say that I agree with you on Newton. Now I don't think we should go after him with the pick that it will probably take to get him but if for some odd reason he is sitting there in the 3rd then I would be for it. The guy is just a freak. I didn't buy the hype earlier in the season and looked at him as mostly a runner but after watching a few more games closer, I saw that he has a cannon and seems to be relatively accurate as well. He may surprise a lot of people at the next level.

Trade Colt, Hillis, and Hardesty. They're useless. They're garbage and this game proves it. Let's move Robo to 1, and trade Cribbs and use MoMass in the Flash package.

Mike Bell is clearly the answer at RB. Let's draft Andrew Luck. Bring in Jon Gruden and John Fox to co Head Coach with Holmgren.

Jesus, people.

Colt and Hillis shouldn't even be playing in these last 2 games. More Dumbgenious at work. Save them for next year. This year is O-V-E-R............ Three forths of the team is just going through the motions at this time. They've checked out for the year.

That still doesn't explain the floated balls.

I still like the kid. It will be interesting to see how he responds off a decidedly poor outing. If it isn't good, it is going to make for some interesting off season decisions.

Peyton Manning has bad games. Colt's evaluation doesn't end just because he plays a bad game. In a sense, it begins now because a team has found a way to take away his strengths. At this point, we should be thinking "can he be coached into a great QB, or not?" Anyone expecting him to never play a bad game had expectations so high that no one--not even Andrew Luck--could ever hope to meet.

I started a thread about this with this post, which fits better here than "clock management":

Ouch. That was just an ugly as hell game all the way around... but most disturbingly for our boy McCoy. He looked bad on anything more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Threw some wounded ducks and three pretty easy picks.

I was getting by on, "Well, at least we have our quarterback!" This set that back a little. He was really, really bad... but it's even worse because it plays into the fears that he can only play short ball.

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

Before we hear it: No, I'm not jumping to conclusions or cutting McCoy based on one game. But he was dreadful, especially on anything longer than 10 yards. Lots of wobblers, lots of underthrows. It's something to be a little concerned about. Was it the weather? If so... yeah, it's something to be concerned about.

Just watch Rodgers dominate the Giants with over 400 yards on a very cold day. Obviously it's a much better cockpit, but that kid can REALLY spin it, put it on a dime from 10 or 45. That's a serious QB talent there, with superior skills in each and every facet of the game.

Can McCoy be like that? I don't know... man, I hope so. He'll never have a Rodgers arm (which does matter), but I'm hoping he can put together a game like that some day.

I started a thread about this with this post, which fits better here than "clock management":

Ouch. That was just an ugly as hell game all the way around... but most disturbingly for our boy McCoy. He looked bad on anything more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Threw some wounded ducks and three pretty easy picks.

I was getting by on, "Well, at least we have our quarterback!" This set that back a little. He was really, really bad... but it's even worse because it plays into the fears that he can only play short ball.

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

Before we hear it: No, I'm not jumping to conclusions or cutting McCoy based on one game. But he was dreadful, especially on anything longer than 10 yards. Lots of wobblers, lots of underthrows. It's something to be a little concerned about. Was it the weather? If so... yeah, it's something to be concerned about.

Just watch Rodgers dominate the Giants with over 400 yards on a very cold day. Obviously it's a much better cockpit, but that kid can REALLY spin it, put it on a dime from 10 or 45. That's a serious QB talent there, with superior skills in each and every facet of the game.

Can McCoy be like that? I don't know... man, I hope so. He'll never have a Rodgers arm (which does matter), but I'm hoping he can put together a game like that some day.

Shep...the kid had an off day...dont put so much pressure on him...he'll be ok...its just one game man...you cant expect him to have it every game...some of the great ones have clunkers too.

_______

I don't think McCoy is ever going to be mistaken for Rodgers and I doubt he will ever be near that level. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good QB for the Browns though. His arm is good enough but not elite. He will definitely need to make quicker reads than most but he seems to be heady enough to do that. What I do like about him is his elusiveness and mobility combined with his accuracy. Time will tell I guess but it wouldn't exactly shock me if the Browns went another direction at QB.

I don't think McCoy is ever going to be mistaken for Rodgers and I doubt he will ever be near that level. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good QB for the Browns though. His arm is good enough but not elite. He will definitely need to make quicker reads than most but he seems to be heady enough to do that. What I do like about him is his elusiveness and mobility combined with his accuracy. Time will tell I guess but it wouldn't exactly shock me if the Browns went another direction at QB.

His arm may not be elite but is it good enough for the AFC North? The Browns and its competitors in the AFC North have bad weather from Thanksgiving onwards when division titles/wild card/playoff seedings are at stake. A successful QB here has to be able to thread the needle under these conditions not underthrow. I'm not throwing the kid under the bus but we need a careful analysis here so we don't miss a "once in a generation" QB in this draft.

His arm may not be elite but is it good enough for the AFC North? The Browns and its competitors in the AFC North have bad weather from Thanksgiving onwards when division titles/wild card/playoff seedings are at stake. A successful QB here has to be able to thread the needle under these conditions not underthrow. I'm not throwing the kid under the bus but we need a careful analysis here so we don't miss a "once in a generation" QB in this draft.

We're not getting Andrew Luck anyway. He won't fall past Carolina. I don't understand why this is even being talked about.

heres my thought on Mccoy...

My Brother and I go back and forth on Mccoy, he thinks he is going to be a great NFL QB, but he aslo thought Frye and Quinn and DA were going to be the next big thing. The thing that I look for is, Is this QB going to be a Super Bowl type QB. I just do not think he can be, do I think he will be a good NFL QB? Yep I do, but I do not think he can be a top 5 QB in this league....

Arm Strenth- Average at best

He is to short for a QB in the NFL( THere is only one Drew Bres and hes taller than Colt)

Tiny- needs to get bigger, that will come in the off season

He is really smart, but maybe to smart in the fact he might think he can make the throws he really cant make

If the gods of football let Andrew Luck drop to us, we would have no choice but to take him......

I hae a feeling Luck will not be there, so I have and pray Mccoy is it, I hope I am wrong...We will see

heres my thought on Mccoy...

My Brother and I go back and forth on Mccoy, he thinks he is going to be a great NFL QB, but he aslo thought Frye and Quinn and DA were going to be the next big thing. The thing that I look for is, Is this QB going to be a Super Bowl type QB. I just do not think he can be, do I think he will be a good NFL QB? Yep I do, but I do not think he can be a top 5 QB in this league....

Arm Strenth- Average at best

He is to short for a QB in the NFL( THere is only one Drew Bres and hes taller than Colt)

Tiny- needs to get bigger, that will come in the off season

He is really smart, but maybe to smart in the fact he might think he can make the throws he really cant make

If the gods of football let Andrew Luck drop to us, we would have no choice but to take him......

I hae a feeling Luck will not be there, so I have and pray Mccoy is it, I hope I am wrong...We will see

Drew Brees is shorter than Colt by about an inch and a half.

Here we go again...

Hey guys, our ROOKIE QB had one off day, lets just forget any of the good games he had because he has to play like Superman every week or he is freakin garbage. We should cut him and pick up the next highly touted rookie QB!

This topic mentality fits right in with wanting to axe our current coach because he didn't take us to the promised land within two years.

Well, Colt's performance in typical Cleveland conditions was not reassuring. To be competitive in this division we have to win games like these at this time of the year. Do we continue the experiment or pursue Luck or Newton in the draft?

There will be several good Qb's in the draft this year, so hopefully we can get one in the later rounds. Right now we need to get an o-lineman and a high quality WR imo

The way McCoy was throwing the ball I'd say the cold was a big factor. He decided not to wear gloves and frankly looked like he was freezing his ass off on the sidelines. Takes time to acclimate to the cold weather. That and him being a rookie were big factors. Cleveland fans. The most impatient in the USA.

Archived