2 Denver 4-11 vs SD

3 Buffalo 4-11 at NYJ

4 Cincy 4-11 at Balt

5 Houston 5-10 vs Jax

6 Dallas 5-10 at Phil

7 AZ/SF 5-10

8 Det/Min 5-10

9 CLE 5-10

Consider that we have one of the toughest schedules means we will most likely lose the tiebreaker with most if not all of these teams, so even if the three 4-12 teams win, I think we still pick 9th. The only way I see us moving up is if Houston or Dallas win. One good thing is that four 5-10 teams play each other, so two are guaranteed to win (Az/SF and Det/Min).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think at bext we draft 7th and worst we draft 9th - assuming we lose which is a same assupmtion at this point.

hey, look on the good side. with so many top 10 draft choices in the past decade you guys should have plenty of quality players!!!

right?

right??????

IMHO Holmgren will not allow the team to draft a QB who makes a lot of bad/risky decisions. I'm sure that is part of his evaluation process. I really hope that Colt proves us wrong in the last game with snow flying and we can look at front seven and WR help as our priority.

hey, look on the good side. with so many top 10 draft choices in the past decade you guys should have plenty of quality players!!!

right?

right??????

Yeah the Browns have had some terrible drafts alright, as well as BAD coaching.

But like they say on Wall Street, "past performance in no guarantee of future results". The Browns did undeniably well in the 2010 draft- (the first under Holmgren & Heckert) don't tell me Hayden and Ward wouldn't be starting for the Steelers RIGHT NOW. Ward & Moo-Moo would arguably be the best saftey combo in the league.

Got Hillis (and draft picks) for a never will be third string QB, may have landed the franchise qb in the third round. Hardesty looked good until he blew out his knee.

One more draft and FA session, and the Browns might just have turned the corner. A legit #1 wr (one that doesn't go out bar hopping all night during the season and get busted for DUI) a couple Lbers, and a RT that isn't a turnstile. Doable my friend, very doable.

FWIW, I'll peg the Browns draft position as 7-11, and 9th is likely.

IMHO Holmgren will not allow the team to draft a QB who makes a lot of bad/risky decisions. I'm sure that is part of his evaluation process. I really hope that Colt proves us wrong in the last game with snow flying and we can look at front seven and WR help as our priority.

I'll even admit that McCoy is the guy, at least as of now. He's a gamer and has that "win" factor much like Ben Roethlisberger. It's a rare quality for a lot of QB's. The one INT yesterday wasn't the best thrown ball but Massoquai or however you spell his name did next to nothing to go up for the ball or at the very least prevent the DB from coming down with it. A legit receiving threat should certainly help. McCoy is getting respect in Pittsburgh, at least in my channels and from a faction on my primary board. I sincerely doubt you draft a QB. If you do McCoy is a wasted pick and a wasted player in my opinion. It would destroy his confidence.

Looks like we'll draft between 5 and 9 to me. Very good shot at A.J. Green. You'll hear some talk about Mallett and his big arm (he gets Flacco comparisons because he's reasonably athletic) if McCoy looks frostbitten again.

What Mickey just said- McCoy has one bad game, and you're 1\2 ready to throw him under the bus. The deep passes weren't badly thrown balls- they were bad decisions. Which incidentally Mallett makes a ton of.

Massaquoi HAS to do a better job of turning into a defender on a bad pass- tackle the guy a 10 yard interference penalty is better than an interception.

What Mickey just said- McCoy has one bad game, and you're 1\2 ready to throw him under the bus. The deep passes weren't badly thrown balls- they were bad decisions. Which incidentally Mallett makes a ton of.

Massaquoi HAS to do a better job of turning into a defender on a bad pass- tackle the guy a 10 yard interference penalty is better than an interception.

Actually, I'm not. I'm in favor of Holmgren, McCoy, A.J. Green, and the WCO. That's what I want. But I don't decide what I want and hide from all other information. He absolutely threw the ball poorly downfield. He had a shit game. Is what it is.

If he can't go downfield in bad weather, it's an issue. But there's no way you decide that off one or two games. He deserves an offseason, a decent set of WRs, and a full year as the starter. I'm down with that.

Massoquoi is soft. Robiskie is dull. We have very little at WR worth keeping.

Looks like we'll draft between 5 and 9 to me. Very good shot at A.J. Green. You'll hear some talk about Mallett and his big arm (he gets Flacco comparisons because he's reasonably athletic) if McCoy looks frostbitten again. Shep

1. McCoy didn't look "frostbitten", he looked like a guy with little running game, and didn't have the receivers to

make the passing game work well enough.

2. I believe there isn't any player in the draft, that will make the Browns pick another position in the first round, outside of wr.

The one defensive lineman is tempting, though, I'll bet. But I don't see game breaker blue chippie wr's falling out of the first round this year.

3. Flatulence Flaggo? Back in the day when Flacco didn't have a trio or quartet of outstanding or just very, very good wr's...

the talk was all over the place, about him being a possible huge bust. Now, since he has the receivers he has, and a solid olinie,

well, NOW he is bigtime. His defense has kept his job for him before he came into his own. Even after all his experience, he threw

a wounded duck to the endzone and T. J. Ward had perfect position on the play.

4. No matter who the qb is, he looks so much better at qb with wr's who make him look good, and he looks so much worse if he

has marginal, rockhands wr's who can't get separation. The drafting of Braylon Edwards did that to the Browns.

5. McCoy has better judgement as a rookie, than Flacco did as a rookie, and that is an understatement. But McCoy doesn't have

one outstanding wr, not even a very, very good one. That's why the dirty, ugly stupid stinkin ratibirds decided to shut down Hillis at all

costs. Naturally, the Mangini and co. played right into their hands by starting out handing the ball off to Hillis again and again.

that was Mangini and Dabol being out-coached, out-thought, and out-nerved.

6. Without Holmgren, I don't believe there would be a McCoy. Dabol would have wanted to draft a rb...

7. I have to go cut some more firewood now. GGG

Archived