THE BROWNS BOARD

Panthers Announce Coaching Change

BROWNandORANGE

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...ce=NFLHeadlines

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers have formally announced coach John Fox won't return next season, ending a nine-year run in which he led the franchise to its only Super Bowl.

His departure has been no secret, and Fox said after his final full practice Friday that he'd been preparing for it for two years.

Owner Jerry Richardson said in a statement that he told Fox that he appreciates everything he has done, but that "it is time for both sides to move in different directions." Fox will coach his final game Sunday at Atlanta.

Fox was first denied a contract extension after the 2008 season. He entered the last year of his contract this fall with the Panthers beginning a youth movement that's left them an NFL-worst 2-13.

Fox is 78-73 in nine seasons in Carolina.

if we do decide to make a coaching change, I hope Fox is a guy we take a close look at. Trust me, the record he endured this year is not indicative of how good a coach he is. Having to watch the panthers week in and week out living in charlotte, this team he inherited this year was TERRIBLE. No coach on this earth could of won games with the talent on that roster.

No coach on this earth could of won games with the talent on that roster.

Agreed. Sorry to offend any Notre Dame fans, but Clausen is absolutely awful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Carolina had some injury trouble amongst the running backs and receivers also.

I hope we are not only looking at coaches who have been fired. His name hasn't been thrown around a great deal, but Lovie Smith's contract in Chicago is up after this season. We have all seen what he has done with the Bears this year and he coaches traditional Chicago Bears football. Defense first. Like John Fox, Lovie Smith also has 1 Super Bowl appearance.

Post Your Thoughts

if we do decide to make a coaching change, I hope Fox is a guy we take a close look at. Trust me, the record he endured this year is not indicative of how good a coach he is. Having to watch the panthers week in and week out living in charlotte, this team he inherited this year was TERRIBLE. No coach on this earth could of won games with the talent on that roster.

Ummm no, its like trading below mediocre in the hand for upper mediocre in the bush..

I would rather have the deadbeat dud we have on the sideline now than this corpse bait..

NO! NO! NO!..Im tired of D-coordinaters running our team into the ground...NO THANK YOU!

Archived