THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Fire Eric Mangini

DawgEatSteel

Found this in regards to Jim Harbaugh...

We have one of the top GM's in the NFL and a top notch front office structure. Just saying...

On Harbaugh, yes, the 49ers have perhaps the most dysfunctional front office of any NFL team. That is why he may be looking at Denver.....and, you never know, with the connection with Holmgren the Browns may be interested as well.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Dick LeBeau.....what "coaching tree" does he fall into? Squarely into the Paul Brown tree, more or less.

Of course, he falls under the "Woody Hayes" tree as well, having played for him in college. But LeBeau got his start as an NFL asst. coach under Mark MacCormack, who of course was a HOF player for Paul Brown.

How many ncaa coaches become good nfl coaches?

Jimmy johnson and tom coughlin? I'm talkin this era please doe drudge up dick vermeil or john robinson

Charlie Weis went from to HC at Notre Dame to OC in Kansas City and they had a good year. I know, they had an easy schedule, but they play the schedule they were given. Charlie Weis is now going to Florida to work as an OC. Go Gators!

How many ncaa coaches become good nfl coaches?

Jimmy johnson and tom coughlin? I'm talkin this era please doe drudge up dick vermeil or john robinson

How many actually get a shot? 1 every couple years? With the turnover rate of NFL head coaches, not very good odds of hitting on that guy. Not very good chances hitting on NFL coaches either.

Mangina

Mangina

Your ass got fired, Mangina

(giddy up ah oomp papa maw maw)

A couple years ago when everyone here was all excited about Mangina being the new HC, I correctly stated that hiring yesterdays chopped liver wouldn't do shit.

I'm once again correct, as I usually am.

Same for Holmgren. I don't think Holmy gets fired anytime soon but he's not a turn-around guy. The fact that he took a job in dirty, dirty Cleveland shows what credibility the guy has.

Don't expect the next HC to be of pedigree, unless you pay him a substantial premium - which is what the stains might have to do to turn the ship around.

Regards...

... an'at

Mangina

Mangina

Your ass got fired, Mangina

(giddy up ah oomp papa maw maw)

A couple years ago when everyone here was all excited about Mangina being the new HC, I correctly stated that hiring yesterdays chopped liver wouldn't do shit.

I'm once again correct, as I usually am.

Same for Holmgren. I don't think Holmy gets fired anytime soon but he's not a turn-around guy. The fact that he took a job in dirty, dirty Cleveland shows what credibility the guy has.

Don't expect the next HC to be of pedigree, unless you pay him a substantial premium - which is what the stains might have to do to turn the ship around.

Regards...

... an'at

The fans of the Cleveland Browns thank you for choosing to post on the The Browns Board in lieu of other team's boards. Your support of Cleveland and this board is appreciated. Go Browns!

Mike Holmgren(OC at BYU)

Brian Billick(OC at Utah St)

Paul Brown(Greatest HC in history and former HC at Navy and Ohio St)

Jim Caldwell(HC at Wake Forest)

Pete Carrol

Don Coryell(HC at Whittier and one of the most innovative minds in NFL history)

Dennis Greene(HC at Stanford)

Marv Levy(HC- CAL, William and Mary)

Steve Mariucci(HC at CAL)

Ron Meyer(HC at SMU)

Jim Mora Sr(HC- UCLA, Occidental, Stanford, Colorado)

Bill Parcells(HC, Air Force)

Mike Shanahan(OC, U. of Florida)

Barry Switzer(HC Oklahoma)

Norv Turner(OC, USC)

Dick Vermeil(HC, Stanford, UCLA)

Sam Wyche(HC, Indiana)

Tony Sparano(HC New Haven)

Steve Spagnuolo(HC Rutgers)

Jimmy Johnson....

Need I continue? Btw, notice a trend there? That trend being Stanford HC's going on to have success as HC's in the NFL?

Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

The fans of the Cleveland Browns thank you for choosing to post on the The Browns Board in lieu of other team's boards. Your support of Cleveland and this board is appreciated. Go Browns!

Well here we go again..........the worst result would be Holmgren naming himself as coach and second worst some retart NFL assistant d guy...............and more worst some NFL assistant OL guy

Gary Patterson................funny how the Steelers get their guys from nowhere and just keep on winning

Time to think OFFENSE after ignoring it and losing for twenty years and I do not me OL guys

Well here we go again..........the worst result would be Holmgren naming himself as coach and second worst some retart NFL assistant d guy...............and more worst some NFL assistant OL guy

Gary Patterson................funny how the Steelers get their guys from nowhere and just keep on winning

Time to think OFFENSE after ignoring it and losing for twenty years and I do not me OL guys

I remember when Cleveland didn't want Bill Belichek either. I am not saying that Manigini is the next Belichek but I do believe Holmgren made a mistake today. Proof of his mistake will be seen in Mangini being successful elsewhere. Also after this years draft our next coach gets us to the playoffs clearly illustrating the positive impact Mangini had on this team.

Hopefully we will get a good coach and hopefully it will not be Holmgren. He is one man and he should only have one job for us. I seem to remember Seattle finding out it was a bad idea for Holmgren to do more than one job at a time.

I was listening to the radio (ESPN) on the way home from work today and Marty Morninweg's name was mentioned as possibly a strong candidate for our head coaching vacancy. I pulled over just in time to violently throw up. When the episode had passed, it occured to me that if we are in fact going to hire another half-a$$ed head coach, we must have a plan. Then I hatched a plan. We will keep Brian Daboll as Offensive Coordinator. Since we will most likely lose Rob Ryan in the offseason, we will hire his father, 77 year old Buddy Ryan, as defensive coordinator. Next, we hire Tom Cable, who will most likely be let go by Oakland, as Head Coach. Now, we can look forward to watching Buddy and Tom repeatedly punch Brian on the sideline. In the face.

I think another interesting name that could be out there is Jeff Fisher IF the Titans decide to let him go. That man is just a good coach. My gut feeling right now is that we bring in Fox if we can't persuade Gruden to coach again. If neither of those guys work out, then I think it's Holmgren

I think Jeff Fisher is an excellent coach as well would love to see his name in the mix if available.

Come on now, conspiracy theory, really??

I have bashed mangini for a while. I can't remember another coach though who grew on me as a person. I think mangini did put his heart and soul into turning us around. Is it fair? Probably not. Mangini actually did change from year 1 in cleveland. I just think it came down to him being too conservative and holmgren wanting to put his stamp on the franchise.

The hours these guys put in are crazy. I know mangini will be fine. He is a smart guy with a ton of money.

I wonder if he took the approach he did in his 2 year with us if things would have turned out different in ny..

Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

You're an even bigger moron than I thought....

Archived