THE BROWNS BOARD

Good for Harbaugh

Canton Mike

Watched the game tonight & Stanford looked great. Of course, the damned media asked Harbaugh their stupid "when are you leaving" questions (inappropriately) pre game & also during the victory celebration. He told them what they deserve to hear....NOTHING! I especially liked when he pulled a player over, turned his back & told her, "The players did it, talk to him".

He has my respect for keeping it about his Stanford Team.

Mike

I really wish this guy wanted to come to the Browns to face his brother twice a year, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. He will more than likely end up in Denver or SF.

Or Michigan....then the rivalry will be back on with OSU.

Harbaugh put himself on rare ground, almost ahead of the Grudens and even Cowhers as a coaching candidate just about anywhere. He's fresh, he's young, he's smart, and he built that program into a BCS bowl champion. He did the same at USD, elevating that program, too. He has the fire and videogenics to be the face of a franchise. He's basically a dream hire.

Odds are really high that he'd love to return the 49ers to the WCO and coach them for 20 years. New coaches like to bring in their own QBs, so I'll be curious to see what he does there. Christian Ponder in round 2? I don't know if Troy Smith is consistently accurate enough.

Oh, yeah: Kevin Kolb. There's a great fit. I also don't know what's up with Ponder's arm injury but after an amazing game against Florida he sat out the championship and got knocked out of the bowl game.

I like chucky and hairball everyone else on the media's compiled short list would not be much if any improvement over mangini other than sharing the same agent and a similar philosophy with da boss..

The one thing i sense here is we better hope Mr. Holmgren gets it right because we will be sticking to whomever is chosen for at least 4 years..

My thoughts are we need a somewhat fiery coach to help revive the players and the fanbase that can also back his ego with football knowledge/skill and gruden or hairball fit that bill, im not so sure about the others..

I like chucky and hairball everyone else on the media's compiled short list would not be much if any improvement over mangini other than sharing the same agent and a similar philosophy with da boss..

I know man if the media is right i will be pissed. Marty Morniwigg could possible be the biggest Retard in the league. I could coach the Eagles offense. Vick runs the ball half the time, jackson and maclain are studs.

Plus look how bad there offense looks with Kevin Kolb..

If Holmgren hires him im going to punch him in the face

SF is a dysfunctional franchise I suspect Harbaugh will pass on. Michigan maybe. He may be headed elsewhere in the NFL. I still see Holmgren picking one of his guys.

My understanding is that Denver is the most likely place. I could see them getting Harbaugh, then trying to trade up that one spot with Carolina to pick Luck.

Carolina could trade its No. 1 overall, move down 1 slot, and extract both Tim Tebow and the Broncos #2 or #3 round choice.

That would be good for Carolina. The yokels in Carolina might go for Timmuh more than they go for Clausen. Those two could compete....and Carolina could still pick a Nick Fairly or whomever and get a decent pick in the third round.

Denver would get the coach they want and their "next John Elway"

Yeah i thought about that two with the denver trying to send off Tebow to Carolina for the Luck pick,but i mean seriously if your Carolina are you gonna take Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen or do you go for the near sure thing in Andrew Luck, if i was Carolina it would take a hell of alot to move up to take him which is why i dont see them trading that spot away unless someone pulls a Ditka and throws the farm after him

Jim Harabaugh is gonna be a great coach from day one before he got all this media speculation before the college football season even started he was the coach that i really wanted he runs a pro style offense and its a formation of the WCO...The only problem is why would he come to Cleveland would we offer more money? Does he have any connections here so the beginning of last year i had this thought to myself that i couldnt see him coming here to compete with this brother twice a year even though i would love it...He Will end up in SF or Michigan and stay in College Football, Even maybe Carolina could intice him to come along and get Luck to help him out a lil bit..Denver has the biggest hard on ive ever seen for him ever since that guy with donkey teeth took over there front office.

Archived