THE BROWNS BOARD

SUGAR BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!

That game was a WAR!!

Was that safety a crappy call or am I wrong? Herron's forward progress was out to the 3 as I recall.

Bottom line is that OSU won.

Way to go Bucks!

Mike

Go Bucks they tried to screw us with numerous second half calls.............but we won............Tressel love him or hate is the winningest coach in the NCAA the last ten years with more BCS games and more BCS wins than any other team

he does some stuff I do not like but he is always playing percentages...............sometimes which I also do not like

considering they lost two db's and their best early........give em credit

ya he made it to the two but the ruling was correct becuase the orginal tackler didnt bring him down herron was able to reestablish himself for a split second and becuase he was brought down by someone else that is why he got ruled a safety

I understand that, but he hadn't reversed his field to run out of the tackle. His forward progress was clearly stopped & he was pushed back to the end zone. That whistle should have blown that play dead when they hit the goal line.

Mike

I understand that, but he hadn't reversed his field to run out of the tackle. His forward progress was clearly stopped & he was pushed back to the end zone. That whistle should have blown that play dead when they hit the goal line.

Mike

I was irrate at first as well until a buddy explained it this way ... what if Herron after getting driven back into the end zone from the two yard line, would have broke off a 103 yard TD run after slipping that tackle. Would you have been pissed that he was called down by forward momentum stopped and the ball placed back at the two? He did slip that tackle, but got tackled then by two others IN THE END ZONE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived