THE BROWNS BOARD

Giants coach to critics: 'Kiss my ass'

Squintz

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-yor...-critics-010611

Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said all the right things publicly when the New York media started speculating about his job security, but he was unrestrained when he talked to his team following Sunday's season-ending victory over Washington.

"We have a 10-and-6 season. A 10-win season in the NFL, and they can kiss my ass. They can line up and kiss my ass," Coughlin said in a video that aired Wednesday night on Showtime's "Inside the NFL."

A player then asked, "Can we quote you on that coach?"

The 64-year-old coach laughed, then said, "I have a lot more to say. The priest is here or I'd say a few more things."

Despite winning a Super Bowl in 2007, Coughlin has had to answer questions about his job status over the final weeks of the last two seasons.

Last season, the Giants stumbled to 8-8 following a 5-0 start. This season, the team was in position to take a commanding lead in the NFC East, but squandered a 31-10 fourth-quarter lead against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 15.

After a 45-17 drubbing the following week in Green Bay, the Giants needed a win Sunday against the Redskins coupled with a Packers loss. But Green Bay edged Chicago 10-3 to claim the final NFC playoff spot.

Giants co-owner John Mara said Sunday night that Coughlin would be back for an eighth season, calling the media speculation about his firing "nonsense."

Here is the problem with the media. They can print and say anything they damn well please, even when there is absolutely no truth to it. Both the coach and owner basically tell them to screw off. I found this article refreshing.

It's one of the reasons I always like Mike Ditka.

He would more or less look a reporter in the eye ask ask them if they were a simpleton when they asked a stupid question..

I know Priests who would have told him to say whatever he wanted to!

Hey, the media folks are looking pretty damn silly lately, aren't they?.....Personally, I LOVE it!

Mike

Grossi any better..He had a personal agenda with Mangini from day one

He is an awful reporter.I wish Coach would have told Grossi to kiss nut sack

Mr. Good morning everybody, here is todays pile of scripted bullshit for you to eat?

Are you kidding me this guy had nothing but good 2 faced things to say to everyone even his opponents, mangini lacks the balls, brains and physical demeaner to tell anyone to kiss anything..

Getting rid of mangini after he set in the much needed disciplinarian foundation was the best and most decisive move this club has made since randy took over the organization..

Mangini wasnt going to be capable of moving the club to the next level and the FO knew this even though they liked mangini..

Cant wait to see for who, when or if mangini ever serves in the nfl again, he changed a little for the better as a coach in cleveland but he has much to learn, change and rethink if he wants to be more than just a cement man in the nfl..

Archived