THE BROWNS BOARD

Great, The reset button has been hit again.

tempest25

One thing I've learned in life is consistancy. I hate the fact the mangini was fired. Since I've started watching the browns, I seen 8 head coaches come and go, 10 if you count interum coaches. That many coaches is a sign of inconsistancy. How can any team win, with that kind of turnover at leadership. The browns will never win, if they keep changing coaches. So, to all the fans that wanted Mangini fired. You got want you wanted. Along with another 2 yrs of guaranteed losing.

Thank God that's just not the way it works in the NFL. New coaches have been coming in and winning all over the place. The ones that come in and go 5-11 and 5-11... they don't last.

KC won in its second year. Tampa Bay won in its second year. Baltimore won in its first year. Atlanta won in its first year. The Rams went 7-9 in Spags' second year and Bradford's first. Hell, Oakland fired their coach for going 8-8!

Vermeil's Rams went from last to a Super Bowl victory. The Saints were reborn under Payton and Brees. It happens over and over and over.

It just didn't happen with Mangini. The team didn't win down the stretch for him against beatable teams. They looked unmotivated. That's when coaches get fired.

This is not bad news.

I am mixed on another firing, but I see what you are saying Shep. With that being said, I have been in the military for 14 years and I have had numerous officers in charge of me and I can tell you more the change the harder it was to follow. I know that is different from an NFL head coach but some continuity would be great.

Thank God that's just not the way it works in the NFL. New coaches have been coming in and winning all over the place. The ones that come in and go 5-11 and 5-11... they don't last.

KC won in its second year. Tampa Bay won in its second year. Baltimore won in its first year. Atlanta won in its first year. The Rams went 7-9 in Spags' second year and Bradford's first. Hell, Oakland fired their coach for going 8-8!

Vermeil's Rams went from last to a Super Bowl victory. The Saints were reborn under Payton and Brees. It happens over and over and over.

It just didn't happen with Mangini. The team didn't win down the stretch for him against beatable teams. They looked unmotivated. That's when coaches get fired.

This is not bad news.

its so weird that more people dont think like us

My question is, would you rather wait 3 or 4 more years to watch the amount of garbage play calling we've seen this year to THEN fire Mangini and hit the reset button for REAL...? This is like starting from the last checkpoint not like starting from the 11th level all the way back to level 1...get a grip people...MH has been here ONE year, can we just let him do his thing for a change and see what HE thinks is the correct style of coaching for HIS team? It's not like he just released Jeff Fisher for Vince Young for gods sakes...lol

This is not bad news.

While you make some good points, none of those teams were as bare as the Browns' were when Mangini came here. Also comparing KC, StLou, and TB to the Browns really isn't fair when looking at the records of the teams they played. That would be like saying Northern Illinois and Hawaii were better than Alabama this year. I do agree that the end of the season was not good for Mangini and it definitely sealed his fate (although I think it was sealed before the season started).

It needed to be done to get the whole organization on the same page...

Even the very idea of keeping a 5 year mediocre coach that coaches like a rookie and who's program wasnt going to take us anywhere all for the sake of stability would be Retarded, this is the first time we have had a stable professional FO and i believe they want and need to have their guy in place as mangini and his pop warner ways were not only not cutting it but was starting to draw the fire toward them...

Now we can genuinely hope this is the last time we spin the bottle for a while, stability is very important but only if the front office feels they have the right guy..

Its going to interesting to see where mangini goes if anywhere as a HC, he is much more likely to gain employment as a defensive line coach..

The problem is, those teams had a better core than the Browns. I hate to say it, but yes, TB and STL does have better players, and honestly, more depth. The Browns have a few good ones, but really, the complete restarting process every time there are new HC's and coordinators is sickening. Gets old and really starts to piss you off.

And again, 2 fumbles and a pick 6 or two away from 8-8 or 9-7.

The problem is, those teams had a better core than the Browns. I hate to say it, but yes, TB and STL does have better players, and honestly, more depth. The Browns have a few good ones, but really, the complete restarting process every time there are new HC's and coordinators is sickening. Gets old and really starts to piss you off.

You say 2 fumbles, but I know you arent counting chancey stuckeys fumble. Cause I am pretty sure that nick folk missed 3 fgs that game.

You want to say that, well if it wasnt for david bowens 2 pick 6's, and mike adams gift from miami. which really was the most luckiest thing ever and we are now 3-13

You say 2 fumbles, but I know you arent counting chancey stuckeys fumble. Cause I am pretty sure that nick folk missed 3 fgs that game.

You want to say that, well if it wasnt for david bowens 2 pick 6's, and mike adams gift from miami. which really was the most luckiest thing ever and we are now 3-13

Why do you get to use those, but I cant say that 4 games were because of player screw ups? We won those games, are you saying that Tampa, Jets and Atl shouldnt be in the playoffs because they "got lucky" or do they get the credit for the wins?

Why do you get to use those, but I cant say that 4 games were because of player screw ups? We won those games, are you saying that Tampa, Jets and Atl shouldnt be in the playoffs because they "got lucky" or do they get the credit for the wins?

Sorry I didnt know Tampa Bay made the play offs.. HA!

I was using your exact point of we could have been 8-8. Yes there is some luck that goes into win. You ever hear them say, if the ball bounced this way or that way they would have a few more wins

While you make some good points, none of those teams were as bare as the Browns' were when Mangini came here. Also comparing KC, StLou, and TB to the Browns really isn't fair when looking at the records of the teams they played. That would be like saying Northern Illinois and Hawaii were better than Alabama this year. I do agree that the end of the season was not good for Mangini and it definitely sealed his fate (although I think it was sealed before the season started).

The losing down the stretch could also be attributed to some key injuries. Injuries really expose our lack of depth.

I was using your exact point of we could have been 8-8. Yes there is some luck that goes into win. You ever hear them say, if the ball bounced this way or that way they would have a few more wins

Of course, but how does a coach either cause a fumble or stop a fumble? A fumble is a player screw up, and happening near the end of the game like that? Cant really pin that on the HC. Sorry, I just dont see it that way.

An nfl coach has to find ways to win with whats on his menu even during rebuilds and especially if they are the one that tore the team down, brought in jets junk on a bad trade and had a completely botched bust draft as the team confidant the year before, mangini hung himself with half ass gameplans and no strategic approach other than to try and keep games close instead of trying to win...

Our team is not the greatest collection of talent in the league by far but it is good enough to win against anyone if all the right buttons are pushed and every weapon is cleverly deployed...

Of course, but how does a coach either cause a fumble or stop a fumble? A fumble is a player screw up, and happening near the end of the game like that? Cant really pin that on the HC. Sorry, I just dont see it that way.

Well can you blame the missed FGs on the coach? Folk doesnt miss all those FG's then the jets win before OT

all these guys that wanted mangini fired have no solution as to what we can do now to make the team better via head coach. i'm kinda scared to see who's better out there right now than mangini.

is the new guy going to draft players and sign some through FA? uh, yeah.

is he going to be frustrated by players mistakes, injuries and an unconcerned owner? uh, yeah.

will he be ridden out of town in two years when he doesn't produce a winning record, yet brings a winning attitude and respect to the team? uh, yeah.

I wanted Mangini to stay one more year and replace the OC. I liked Mangini's attitude toward team, and not premadonna. IMO, the new coach will already know Holmgren in some fashion. I have a feeling the O is going to get the lion's share of the draft and the D will get the FA's.

I agree with Miktoxic, can we please just stop the insanity. Here's your chance Holmgren, get the people you want and let them do their freeking job, build a championship team. Start with McCoy, compliment his skills and build around him. The team wants him to be their leader and next year will be a breakout year for him.

It's your head we'll be screaming for next Mr. Holmgren. We love the Brown's more than you do. It's to the fan's, you owe respect. It's our time to be in front, we've been loyal and patient. If you want a doormat, go to Home Depot. If you want to win, embrace Cleveland. Get it right, we got your back. Get it wrong ,you get the shaft. Make it so, #1.

I wanted Mangini to stay one more year and replace the OC. I liked Mangini's attitude toward team, and not premadonna. IMO, the new coach will already know Holmgren in some fashion. I have a feeling the O is going to get the lion's share of the draft and the D will get the FA's.

I agree with Miktoxic, can we please just stop the insanity. Here's your chance Holmgren, get the people you want and let them do their freeking job and start building a championship team. Start with McCoy, compliment his skills and build around him. The team wants him to be their leader and next year will be a breakout year for him.

It's your head we'll be screaming for next Mr. Holmgren. We love the Brown's more than you do. It's to the fan's, you owe respect. It's our time to be in front, we've been loyal and patient. If you want a doormat, go to Home Depot. If you want to win, embrace Cleveland. Get it right, we got your back. Get it wrong ,you get the shaft. Make it so, #1.

Well said!

Archived