THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Dont Hire Mornhinweg Thread

gobrownies

Gruden! Gruden! Gruden! Gruden! Gruden!

Im happy to go with whomever the big guy picks but i honestly have some serious reservations about marty monday morningsickness...

We have had enough RAC'ed mondays and mangini skitzo sundays over the past 6 years for god sakes we need a winner this time!

Of the 11 postseason games since 2000 to go to overtime, just three were decided by a first-possession field goal.

So Marty was wrong to defer?

This weekend new overtime post season rules go into place.

The NFL's new postseason overtime rule goes into effect this weekend. Teams can no longer win on a first-possession field goal, although a first-possession touchdown or a first-possession field goal that comes after an onsides kick recovery will count.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ell-tolls_N.htm

For God's sake, let's please not hire any coach who has been a highly successful OC. We sure don't want to mess things up by scoring points and having an offensive gameplan that challenges defenses. We could never live with a coach that defered......much better to keep a coach that cannot manage the clock and prefers to live with field goals to keep games close, even though we lose many of those close games. If "MorningWood" would make us a stepchild, what kind of child did Mangini make us?

The only person we can really bring in now that might be better than Mangini is Gruden and if we don't get him we are all going to be hearing from the fire Mangini club how we just picked a worse coach than Mangini.

I didn't want Gruden so much because he has only taken over teams on the cusp. When he has had to rebuild, he hasn't done well at all. However, thanks to Mangini (who should still be here) this team is on the cusp and Gruden may not have to rebuild so much. It may be a good idea.

Fischer

Billick...those are my favs

Archived