THE BROWNS BOARD

Genius piece from Grossi

neohionative

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...y_in_bad_w.html

It's articles like this that convinces me the writers at the PD are full of crap, and the only reason they're tolerated is the way they can lay on the BS come the time to get wound up for the new season. The ass clown completely ignores that we were playing Balt and Pitt, two of the leagues strongest defenses, and the AFC's best teams just two years ago. It also completely glosses over the number of passes either dropped or missed. How can we evaluate the kid against really strong defenses, when he has no one to throw to, and the entire team had just quit for the final game? Oh that's right, who needs perspective, we've moved past the "this year will be different, these guys are looking poised to go places" to the end of the season "everything's gone to hell, forget keeping anybody, the team's getting sold" crap. I seriously wonder why I find myself even opening the PD sports section anymore...

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...y_in_bad_w.html

It's articles like this that convinces me the writers at the PD are full of crap, and the only reason they're tolerated is the way they can lay on the BS come the time to get wound up for the new season. The ass clown completely ignores that we were playing Balt and Pitt, two of the leagues strongest defenses, and the AFC's best teams just two years ago. It also completely glosses over the number of passes either dropped or missed. How can we evaluate the kid against really strong defenses, when he has no one to throw to, and the entire team had just quit for the final game? Oh that's right, who needs perspective, we've moved past the "this year will be different, these guys are looking poised to go places" to the end of the season "everything's gone to hell, forget keeping anybody, the team's getting sold" crap. I seriously wonder why I find myself even opening the PD sports section anymore...

Hey you also post on here and there are a lot of idiots who are already giving up on the rookie.

The fact is Colt didn't look all that hot the last couple of games, and his good games weren't that good.

I am not knocking the guy, but talking QB is a legitimate topic.

How much you want to bet the brain trust in Berea has talked, and will talk again, and again, and again about our QB??

Its always the same when it comes to most QB controversies....how was the protection? There were many times Colt was being killed. There were a few bad passes but not enough to make me give up on the kid.

I want to know why Brady can stand there and eat an ice cream and never gets touched. His OL protects him like nothing else. The right side of our OL has sucked for years and after it being the obvious weak link we have done nothing to fix it the last 2 years. The guy that started 90% of the games at RT the last 2 years should be out of the league let alone playing and starting.

If St. Claire is in there at RT, then forget appraising Colt. Paul Warfield or Lynn Swann wouldn't be able to have gotten open in time,

with St. Claire in there.

Grossi is a horses ass. He doesn't have Mangini to kick around so now Colt is the focus..No worries Colt he'll be off your penis once a new HC enters the picture and if said coach doesn't give him total access he'll attack every little thing he does...Grossi is about Grossi..period

Hell, let's trade all the QB's in Cleveland. You folks sure give up on people fast. He wins, he's great, he has a few good games he is spectacular, he loses he is crap, he plays bad after the entire team gave up, it's off with his head. Pathetic IMHO. You want to give Mangini another year but it's time t send poor old Colt off to the glue factory. Print this and save it. Colt McCoy will be 10 times the QB Mallett will ever be in the NFL. Time to go beat my head against a rock (again).

The fact is Colt didn't look all that hot the last couple of games, and his good games weren't that good.

How much you want to bet the brain trust in Berea has talked, and will talk again, and again, and again about our QB??

You think guys that can play better than Colt grow on trees? Sure, you can find a guy who can sling the ball further or with more zip. But Colt will do other things better. There are very few guys like Peyton Manning that can do everything Colt does and do them better. And we also don't know if Colt can't at least marginally improve his deep ball with some solid coaching.

There are tradeoffs with every decision. Get a guy with a stronger arm he might not be as accurate. Or he might wet himself when the pass rush comes. Or he might not have the football IQ that Colt has. Or he might not dedicate the time in the film room studying his opponents. Or he might have off the field issues. Or he might not be able to throw "catchable" balls. Or he might have a tendency to force stuff instead of checking down. Or he might wilt after throwing an interception and check down too much.

Seriously, you can build an offense around this kid. The devil you know... some of you only see the weaknesses of the QB who's wearing the Browns jersey and you only see the strengths of the guys you imagine could replace him.

Genius post of the year (DUH) of course they will talk about the QB/'s...Come back to us when you find a real scoop ROFL!

You folks sure give up on people fast.

you folks? i hope you are looking in the mirror when you say that. weren't you one of the leaders of the 'can mangini' crew? when we hire a new head coach he'll be the SIXTH new coach since '99. the other owners and gms must be laughing their ass off at the way we do business and run the team.

and as far as colt is concerned i don't remember seeing any 'get rid of colt' threads on this board. but if you weren't a texas fan you'd probably be throwing him under the bus right now as well. i mean with the great amount of patience you have and all.

Genius post of the year (DUH) of course they will talk about the QB/'s...Come back to us when you find a real scoop ROFL!

Come back?? I have been here all along.

People get all over Grossi because he asks some questions....legit questions as I point out.

I am not proposing we dump Colt as some seem to think or think better QB's grow on trees as one astute poster mentioned.

Some mentioned OL....I find that funny since I have been talking about drafting Olinemen more than anybody around here. I guess most of them are from Missouri....Show me our QB getting beat up before I try to do anything about it. ;)

Come back?? I have been here all along.

People get all over Grossi because he asks some questions....legit questions as I point out.

I am not proposing we dump Colt as some seem to think or think better QB's grow on trees as one astute poster mentioned.

Some mentioned OL....I find that funny since I have been talking about drafting Olinemen more than anybody around here. I guess most of them are from Missouri....Show me our QB getting beat up before I try to do anything about it. ;)

I didn't think Grossi's article was all that critical of Colt. He's a rookie and at times, performed like a rookie. That should have been expected. However, I saw some excellent qualities in the kid....much more upside than I have seen in quite some time from a Browns q.b. The problem for me has been getting all excited and enamored with a player, then making excuses for him, when he turns out to be average. I've learned to contain that excitement, and kind of temper my optimism until it is legitimate. I really like Colt, but I'm a little concerned about his arm strength....and that is my only concern with him. It seems like, as a Browns fan, I can't remember having a qb that we didn't have to make excuses for....the only exception would be Kosar, in his prime. I wouldn't be surprised to see Holmgren draft another strong armed qb in maybe the third or later round. In fact...I kind of hope he does....not to replace Colt, but to compete (yep...qb controversy) for the starting job. I hope Colt turns out to be great, but I've learned over the years...don't put all your eggs in one basket.

So I guess we should go and get DA back, eh, Tony? Because he has arm strength to burn, especially in that oh-so-tough December weather.

Grossi, if you are reading this, you are nothing but a f***ing pot-stirring putz.

And you can print that, f***head.

As for the rest of you on this board, here's what I will say about Colt's last three games or so.

Why on earth do people assume bad weather/arm strength as the reason for his struggles?

He played well against Cincinnati in December when given the chance to throw the ball. He made one poor decision against Baltimore when Reed had the first pick, but other than that I thought he held his own on a pretty tough day against a defense he hadn't faced yet. Against Pittsburgh, that early pick wasn't his fault, but the second one was.

Again, this is a rookie. He's going to have growing pains. Just watch Sam Bradford NEXT YEAR when he matches up against AFC North defenses. Yeah, that's right Sam, Denver and SD ain't on yer sked next year, pal. Guarantee he struggles against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Colt's accuracy is what makes up for his perceived lack of arm strength. Now just imagine what he can do with a pair of wide receivers who can actually get some sort of separation so Colt doesn't have to throw it on a freakin' dime every time.

Sipe and Kosar weren't born with rockets on their right arm either, guys, and watch Brees get it done next week in Chicago.

F***ing Grossi, though. That f***er ain't happy unless he's miserable about something.

Recently, & I thought it was on this board, I saw rookie stats for today's STAR QBs.....For the most part, as I recall, Colt SURPASSED them (and that's with NO viable WR corps or right side protection)! It's too early to ordain OR condemn him, but I think the kid's gonna be just fine.

Mike

you folks? i hope you are looking in the mirror when you say that. weren't you one of the leaders of the 'can mangini' crew? when we hire a new head coach he'll be the SIXTH new coach since '99. the other owners and gms must be laughing their ass off at the way we do business and run the team.

and as far as colt is concerned i don't remember seeing any 'get rid of colt' threads on this board. but if you weren't a texas fan you'd probably be throwing him under the bus right now as well. i mean with the great amount of patience you have and all.

and you've been through as many QB's. Let's just not change a thing and expect different results.

We all know tony is always looking for an angle, he may be right but i think he is wrong to be concerned yet because there are to many loose ends to tie the truth all together yet..

Lets get the kid a couple of targets and a rightside on the line and everything will reveal itself next year...

the Browns had a QB named Frank Ryan we won the 64 Champoinship with...he had off days and great days...had a QB with a rocket of an arm sitting behind him in Jim Ninowski that never even saw the field...Frank Ryan was super intelligent and could read defenses...I'll take the smart guy over the missile launcher any day of the week.

Archived