THE BROWNS BOARD

MORNHINWEG AND KOLB TO CLEVELAND?

miktoxic

sal palantonio was just pontificating on espn (i know, i know...the evil media monster) that given the fact that mornhinweg looks to be the fave to be the next browns' HC if he would bring kolb with him.

the eagles are in a tough spot seeing as kolb (after yesterday's loss) said that he wants to be the starter 'somewhere' and what they will do seeing that the dog murderer is a FA now.

good or bad?

would this ruin mccoy's chances?

Can we just give McCoy one freakin year to see how he does without these idiot commentators throwing their two cents around? McCoy was BORN for the WCO, and that is what we're going to run. Kolb could back up though. The last thing we need right now is another QB controversy.

sal palantonio was just pontificating on espn (i know, i know...the evil media monster) that given the fact that mornhinweg looks to be the fave to be the next browns' HC if he would bring kolb with him.

the eagles are in a tough spot seeing as kolb (after yesterday's loss) said that he wants to be the starter 'somewhere' and what they will do seeing that the dog murderer is a FA now.

good or bad?

would this ruin mccoy's chances?

It wouldn't ruin McCoys chances if he proves the better option.

This is only about putting the best QB possible on the field. If McCoy proves to be that guy.....great.

If we find someone better....you have to feel good with that as well.

it's weird, but i think i've seen more of mccoy this year than i have of kolb since coming into the league. he's had a rough go of it so far and the window of opportunity for him is starting to close. never getting the chance and then when you do an injury takes you out and the other guy shows you up.

it's weird, but i think i've seen more of mccoy this year than i have of kolb since coming into the league. he's had a rough go of it so far and the window of opportunity for him is starting to close. never getting the chance and then when you do an injury takes you out and the other guy shows you up.

Just the way sports works sometimes.

Some really talented players(in any sport, or life for that matter) never make it because of a poor team, stuck behind a really good player, etc. Had they gone to another team in the beginning the book might have been totally different.

Other guys with maybe less talent walk in to a great situation and end up having fairly productive careers.

Considering the eagles are wanting two first rd picks. This would be the best way to kill our franchise for the next 10 years.

They can go _ _ _ _ off, they aren't ever going to get anything CLOSE to that.

I agree....and this is assuming Mornigweg is the guy.

The very most i could see us possibly be willing to do is get Kolb and the Eagles 1st round pick...#26 or whatever it is for our 1st round pick.

Even then I might feel a bit violated.

Toxic is right. I've been hearing for a few years now how Kolb was the Phili man of the future just hasn't happened yet for many reasons. What he made it through 1 half before getting hurt and never made it back as a full time starter.

Considering Colt wasn't supposed to play this past year he did a great job. I think rookies need time to sit and watch before they get there start. Look at Aaron Rogers he sat 3+ years behind Brett before his time game while at the same time Alex Smith became the starter right away after both being drafted in the same year. We've seen how that has turned out.

All that being said, I am defiantly for Colt being the stater in 2011 but at the same time I think Delhomme should still be on the team. NOT necessarily on the field but on the team! His mentoring skill are well known and needed.

If Marty 2.0 becomes the new Browns coach so be it. Maybe a second chance is what will make him a success. Remember Bilichick did'nt become BILICHiCK until his 2nd (technically 3rd) time as a HC.

I think the Browns have no need for Kolb.

man we need too much on this team to start trading away draft picks. holmgren and heckert drafted mccoy under their watch. can't we live with that?

as i said in another thread, what are we gonna draft the same position every year like detroit did with WRs under millen?

Yeah i compeltely agree no to Marty Morningwig and no to Kolb as well, whats the situation in Philly anyone ways apperantly they are having trouble locking Vick up into a long contract so why would the deal Kolb before they did that, but yeah i dont want ethier one Colts my guy over Kolb and i wouldnt want Morningwig to coach this team but if we fail with this next time i say look out Holmgrem his job is on the line with this one

Good grief.. Marty Morningweig..thats the new savior..Marty Morningweig

You bring in Kolb you might as well trade Colt, Vick cannot get to a Super Bowl

Kolb stays..Vick goes

No Chucky..No Cowher...These guys want stability.. not this revolving circus we deal with every 2 years

Can we just give McCoy one freakin year to see how he does without these idiot commentators throwing their two cents around? McCoy was BORN for the WCO, and that is what we're going to run. Kolb could back up though. The last thing we need right now is another QB controversy.

Kolb has accomplished a lot more in this league than McCoy and wouldn't back him up in a million years made up of only Sundays. Toss that psychotic notion out.

That said, it doesn't make much sense. There's every possibility that McCoy will be as good or better than Kolb. Kolb does have more arm and is bigger... but they're very similar QBs in many ways. It would almost be a coin flip on which you start.

Those are two guys who could be very, very good in a WCO. Kolb could end up in SF with Harbaugh.

;) As in the guy everybody thinks will be a top shelf QB once he's named the starter.

WSS

exactly.

i used to think of this 'game' as the one-on-one player matchups, our guy is better than yours etc. and you'll win everytime. not so.

i think that moreover it's all about the ones who pay these guys. and they could be the best in the business but it's like poker, a couple of bad decisions and you're out the swingin doors. these decisions about players (draft or FA, play or sit) mean everything to the teams and their fans.

if you get the right cards and play them the right way, you're a genius. anything else and you're a loser.

I think Kolb is really good. He had one bumpy game when Vick got hurt, then rebounded with a great one. He's had several excellent games these past two years. I agree with him: He's a starter in this league... in the WCO he knows really well... somewhere. Might be SF. He could end up in Arizona and they might go to a WCO.

Nobody here or in Philadelphia thinks he's worth two first round picks, though. His price was down to a 2nd round pick at one point last year, at least hypothetically, but the Eagles really didn't want to deal him. They're still just a bit iffy on Vick and STILL aren't real psyched about losing Kolb (just read that). Plenty of people in the Eagles offices think Kolb might be starting and winning games long after Vick fever wears off.

I find it tough to believe that Holmgren would give up on McCoy so fast, though. He had two very bumpy winter games, and when Holmgren says "IF McCoy is the guy," I believe him because he seems to say whatever he feels (including about Clausen). He likes some things about McCoy, probably worries about some others (like his arm and durability).

If Shurmur comes in, I'm betting he likes McCoy plenty. If Mornhinweg comes in, who would be even a little surprised if he doesn't pitch Kolb pretty hard?

Don't bet on that, Kolb was the apple of Heckerts eye for years now, I doubt it has suddenly subsided.

Yeah thats the only thing that scares me is that maybe Heckert sees something in him and wants to bring him here, but i really do not hope so i mean Colt deserves a full season to prove what hes capable of doing i mean Kolb has just as many starts as Colt does and dosent seem to jump out on him like hes the next great thing, Matt Flynn is supposed to get some attention as well due to his play agasnt the Pats this year i believe

I think Kolb goes to SF if Philly lets him go, but Reid doesn't sound interested in doing that. Keep in mind that Kolb led back to back victories over SF and Atlanta this year with these stat lines:

21/31 for 253 yards, 1/0, 103.3

23/29 for 326 yards, 3/1, 133.6

Those are two good defenses and two wins the Eagles needed to make the playoffs. Year before he set some kind of record for consecutive starts to begin a career (over 300 yards in each?).

He's shown he can start and win big games.

Before you get your panties in a tizzy, remember that due to the expiration of the CBA, no team can trade players until the new CBA is signed. Therefore, you don't have to worry about some Kolb trade, likely until after the draft and Philly is unlikely to trade him after the draft. Kolb is a "cheap" backup and Vick's style is prone to injury. A 2012 draft pick won't help the Eagles in 2011, but Kolb may help them.

Before you get your panties in a tizzy, remember that due to the expiration of the CBA, no team can trade players until the new CBA is signed. Therefore, you don't have to worry about some Kolb trade, likely until after the draft and Philly is unlikely to trade him after the draft. Kolb is a "cheap" backup and Vick's style is prone to injury. A 2012 draft pick won't help the Eagles in 2011, but Kolb may help them.

Gotcha but Kolb has already said he wants to be traded and if he does stay after the draft and has to ride the pine again hes not gonna be one happy camper so do you want that in your locker room or do you think he will just man up and sit on the bench for one more year...When the playoffs arent even over and hes already demanding a trade

Nw220 Wrote:

Gotcha but Kolb has already said he wants to be traded and if he does stay after the draft and has to ride the pine again hes not gonna be one happy camper so do you want that in your locker room or do you think he will just man up and sit on the bench for one more year...When the playoffs arent even over and hes already demanding a trade

Look at the options from Andy Rieds point of view.

1) If he is unable to trade Kolb before the 2011 draft he will be unable to get a player to help him this year.

2) Vick's playstyle puts him at great risk of injury and spent several games in 2010 out with an injury. Trading Kolb depletes your QB depth. Factor in an 18 game season in 2011.

3) Who would be willing to part with a first round draft pick in 2012 for Kolb?

Why is there any concern about happy campers? Kolb is not Payton Manning. Kolb is not Randy Moss. If he wants to play, or for that matter start in this league, he has to show leadership whether he's camping happy or not.

McCoy has shown enough to be given the starting job next year, no question. He threw 6 TDs to scrubs, and 9 INTs (and really, how many of those were tipped balls? 5? 6?) He looked pretty damn good for a rookie who got no first team repst until the week before his first start, and then was rushed back into action after injury.

Archived