THE BROWNS BOARD

Fewell Sounds Pretty Cool

shepwrite

The head coach is the face of the organization but the O & D coordinators are the bread and butter of the team. LeBeau won super bowls for both Cowher and Tomlin--where would that organization be without him?? They sort of regressed when he left to coach the Bengals..

Experienced coordinators make the team better....

Peace

T.Dawg

The head coach is the face of the organization but the O & D coordinators are the bread and butter of the team. LeBeau won super bowls for both Cowher and Tomlin--where would that organization be without him?? They sort of regressed when he left to coach the Bengals..

Experienced coordinators make the team better....

Peace

T.Dawg

Well hello there Daddybull...glad to see your still kickin it brother.

If Shurmur is going to be conservative and droll on offense play, and unemotional and droll on the sidelines...

I think I am in Fewell's camp now.

Holmgren will choose the right guy.

I do like some emotion on the sidelines....but in the end that doesn't win ballgames.

I have no problem with a defensive minded headcoach, and in some ways like it. With Holmgren and Haskell in the house, there are a couple of offensive minds to lean on if need be, and any lack of proficiency on the offensive side can easily be off-set by a good coordinator pick.

The head coach may set the tone, but in the end, the coordinators play a big role in how well a team performs.

I do like some emotion on the sidelines....but in the end that doesn't win ballgames.

I have no problem with a defensive minded headcoach, and in some ways like it. With Holmgren and Haskell in the house, there are a couple of offensive minds to lean on if need be, and any lack of proficiency on the offensive side can easily be off-set by a good coordinator pick.

The head coach may set the tone, but in the end, the coordinators play a big role in how well a team performs.

Part of being a great coach and being loved by the FO is being a coach that is loved and supported by the fans as well which in the end support the team, it will even get a struggling coach through the hardest of times because very few are calling for his head if the majority of fans like the overall program and believe in it, the chances are the FO will too, its something RAC nor mangini could do and the next coach must do..

Head coaches can and do play varied roles in their teams playbooks and gameplans from calling all the plays themselves all the way to a complete hands off approach that puts it all on the coordinators and everything in between..

Having good coordinators is as important as being the right guy for the job and being loved by fans and front office, they go hand in hand...

I like fewell a lot if we are going to go the coordinator route he should definitely be considered a top candidate not just a looney rule interview...

I honestly think Fewell may be the best candidate, but I also believe he was interviewed to satisfy the Rooney Rule, & that's an insult to the man's track record (if that's the case). I would LOVE to have him in Cleveland....If not as HC, then FIND a way to get him running our D....I don't understand all the "rulesy" stuff, but isn't there a way (other than HC as I'm sure they'll go Offensive background for that) to land him? He & Shurmur would sure look good to me.

Mike

I honestly think Fewell may be the best candidate, but I also believe he was interviewed to satisfy the Rooney Rule, & that's an insult to the man's track record (if that's the case). I would LOVE to have him in Cleveland....If not as HC, then FIND a way to get him running our D....I don't understand all the "rulesy" stuff, but isn't there a way (other than HC as I'm sure they'll go Offensive background for that) to land him? He & Shurmur would sure look good to me.

Mike

I honestly dont think were going to hire this guy. Everyone is saying Holmgren will go after an OC and so far both OCs that he interviewed were white and the only DC he interviewed was black. Im not calling him a racist but I just think it's wierd.

I dont know got mixed emotions on it i can see are team becoming a real nice defense but im pretty sure he runs a 4-3 as Rob Ryan runs the 3-4 so are they gonna bump heads and would we let Rob go...

I would say the chances of Ryan staying, no matter who is coach are pretty slim, so you need to get accustomed to that fact.

Plus....is is vastly overrated.

He is an example of the type of coach Gips was describing....one who the fans like.

Only thing with Fewell is ... he is from the same tree as Mangini, Crennell and Chris Palmer ... hush, hush, don't tell the media anything ... the same ol' Belichickian/Parcells lock-down approach. Not saying it is a bad approach ... it obviously worked for Parcels and Billy ... but I'd kind a like a fiery guy like the Ryans or a cocky guy like the Harbaughs or even an open-approach but low-profile guy like Mike Smith.

I don't know what kind of personality Schurmer has, but his uncle was fiery, and if he is from the Holmgren/Reid/Gruden tree ... I like those guys they build good offenses and their teams play with passion.

Zombo

Archived