THE BROWNS BOARD

just a thought

browni8878

No to Ocho Stinko and yeah i would be a little oppossed to it considering i dont feel like hes as good as Patrick Peterson, i think hes a great CB but Blackmon had his day with him when they played and he looked awful but no im not oppossed to getting another CB but how about say Jonathan Joseph from Cincy hes a FA this year he wouldnt make a bad tandem with Haden...And if Fairley is there and Green is gone then hes my pick....Green>Bowers>Fairley>Blackmon>Dareus thats how i feel about this years draft but with Blackmon and his DUI concern we could easily trade back and grab a few extra picks while picking up the second best reciever in Draft

Yeah but are FA pick up of WRs never really consient of anything special we need a true #1 reciever not another washed up guy to come in, i mean if we can land Breaston or another one of the Top tier FA recievers than yeah sure you go pass rusher first round but whats the likely hood that we do get one of those guys..I mean we havent been able to grab a big FA since i dono when Holmgrem is gonna have to pitch them that Hillis and McCoy would make this team legit with them

I still don't understand why people want a CB with the first pick? Why would we take a CB with our 7th pick and then the next year take one with our 6th. It doesn't make sense.

Nothing like that has EVER happened, nor will it. Who wants to pile all their cap at CB? Pass rush is the key anyway.

And there really aren't many (if any) pass rush DEs in 3-4s, especially 2-gap. That's for OLBs (like Benard). I think we should go that way with the 38th pick. We can get some youth at DE in round 3.

Yeah Fairley is a beast and if hes available that means Green is most likely gone but in all reality we will probaly be stuck with out ethier there when we draft i mean Lucks outta the draft knocked everyone up one more spot, so you cant count out Green and Fairley, Buffalo will probaly take Fairley if not Bungles would grab him

What if we say pick up our much needed WR in free agency or trade, then would any one be upset if we took Prince Amukamara with the first pick?

OK, Sheldon Brown is getting old and Wright stunk last year. But we're not spending another high pick on a cornerback. As has been mentioned Jonathan Joseph is FA this year not to mention Asoumuga, (they'll both want a ton of money)and would look mighty good next to Hayden. And you'd be amazed how much better your corners look with a decent PASS RUSH, something the Browns were woefully lacking in last year.

To my mind it's Green and Fairley as 1A and 1B, and if neither is there @ #6, you try and trade down.

OK, Sheldon Brown is getting old and Wright stunk last year. But we're not spending another high pick on a cornerback. As has been mentioned Jonathan Joseph is FA this year not to mention Asoumuga, (they'll both want a ton of money)and would look mighty good next to Hayden. And you'd be amazed how much better your corners look with a decent PASS RUSH, something the Browns were woefully lacking in last year.

To my mind it's Green and Fairley as 1A and 1B, and if neither is there @ #6, you try and trade down.

Haden, not Hayden.

We paid for Sheldon Brown and if he doesn't move to safety he'll start opposite Haden with Wright in the nickel, assuming he gets his shit back together. Coye Francies was active late in the year and he's a wildcard for depth. Might be another pick in round 5-ish, too... but not in the top three picks for sure.

We need WR, pass rusher, and DE way more.

In spite of a lack of pass rush, pass defense was one of the things we did best: 17th in opposing QBR and 8th in interceptions. You expect to get better with Haden starting all year and Ward with more experience.

Archived