THE BROWNS BOARD

Jon Gruden will NOT coach next season

DAWGPOUND16

Jon Gruden announced to his ESPN radio audience in the wee hours of Tuesday morning that he will not be coaching in 2011 and will return to the network booth as a football analyst;

At the conclusion of ESPN's radio broadcast of the BCS Championship game early Tuesday morning, play-by-play announcer Mike Tirico asked Gruden if he would take a coaching job.

"No," Gruden responded. "I'll be back with you."

Earlier this week, Jim Gruden, Jon's father, told The Plain Dealer that he was not sure whether his son "wants to get back into the rat race." The elder Gruden explained that Jon has a son entering his senior year in high school who plays quarterback and linebacker and Jon immensely enjoys watching him play. He also helps coach the team.

Gruden still has one more season remaining on his contract as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers that pays him handsomely through 2011.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ing_beyond.html

Either this is what he intended all along or he wasn't interested in any of the teams that may have reached out.

I don't know what he makes doing MNF, but it has to be in the hundreds of thousands...200? 300?

More than enough to maintain the lifestyle without really digging in to any of the millions he made as a coach....he had to have save some of that.

He will resurface when the plum job for him becomes vacant.

There is a God after all.

Gruden blows. It sounds like Holmgren is going to get who he wants and FINALLY............. it won't be a retread or castoff.

Shurmur will be our next HC and it appears he is another over conservative chicken shit coordinator afraid of trusting his players to launch the ball downfield....

Theres not much on this guy all we can hope is that he becomes a known name for winning in cleveland...hahahaha Muhahahahaha!

Hey there is always next year...right?

EDIT:::

After digging deeper i think i misjudged this guy he could be a good thing and at worst for now he is a fairly hot commodity...

Please forgive my no getting gruden rage afterall i expected as much who wants to come to cleveland to end their career besides guys trying to build one?

Quote:

Meantime, Mangini's top assistant coaches, including defensive coordinator Rob Ryan and special teams coordinator Brad Seely, remain employed by the club. Holmgren postponed a meeting scheduled for Monday to determine their future.

WTF? Did someone super glue Daboll to the floor?

what kind of business (besides fast food) will fire a person of importance before they can find someone who is more qualified to take over his role?

For some reason I think one of two things will happen.

1. Were going to get a no name coach that Mike will use as his puppet.

or

2. Mike will hire one of his buddies even if he sucks.

Either this is what he intended all along or he wasn't interested in any of the teams that may have reached out.

I don't know what he makes doing MNF, but it has to be in the hundreds of thousands...200? 300?

More than enough to maintain the lifestyle without really digging in to any of the millions he made as a coach....he had to have save some of that.

He will resurface when the plum job for him becomes vacant.

Chucky likes the limelight with the easy money

I am taking down all my Gruden posters, im stop following him on twitter, gone is my gruden mouse pad, screen savers changed...

i feel like lane meyers from better off dead.. I wonder if i should ski the k12

Could be some ball busting, black diamond ski runs closer. Don't be afraid!!

Motha hubbard!

I am a very bitter man..

Hate to say told ya- but we TOLD YA. Why bust your ass when Tampa's paying you millions not to coach this year, and ESPN's tossing in $hundreds of thousands more to do puff pieces critiquing top qb prospects, and showing up for for the MNF gig.

Yeah, Gruden would rather put in 16 hour days in the NFL pressure cooker 11 months out of the year- not.

Hate to say told ya- but we TOLD YA. Why bust your ass when Tampa's paying you millions not to coach this year, and ESPN's tossing in $hundreds of thousands more to do puff pieces critiquing top qb prospects, and showing up for for the MNF gig.

Yeah, Gruden would rather put in 16 hour days in the NFL pressure cooker 11 months out of the year- not.

Yep that is what I was thinking ... between the cushy ESPN job and the TB contract, and a young family ... why come back this year? Wait til after the labor agreement and your Bucs contract runs out and then look at the landscape next year...

Zombo

Archived