THE BROWNS BOARD

Ideal Cockpit?

shepwrite

Just occurred to me:

- The Browns have a Pro Bowl left tackle and a Pro Bowl alternate left guard and center.

- They have a TE in Watson who put up Pro Bowl-ish numbers (68 for 763) and at 30 is in his prime.

- They have a tailback who had about 1,600 yards from scrimmage and is an excellent receiver.

- Now if they add A.J. Green, they'll also have one of the best WR prospects to come into the league over the past five years, according to most draftnicks.

I'm for giving Colt McCoy next year in Holmgren's WCO... and he'll have no excuses at all.

It depends on a couple of things.

Will McCoy be able to perform in cold weather? So far, he hasn't.

Do we trust Hardesty's health enough to not draft another RB that can play immediately? This is a tough one, imo, and if we don't trust Hardesty, in what round do we get a running back?

I think if we draft a nasty number one receiver, our offense is going to be pretty damn solid, though our line could use a little depth.

Also, how serious was Matt Moore's injury?

However, what about the defense?

Just occurred to me:

- The Browns have a Pro Bowl left tackle and a Pro Bowl alternate left guard and center.

- They have a TE in Watson who put up Pro Bowl-ish numbers (68 for 763) and at 30 is in his prime.

- They have a tailback who had about 1,600 yards from scrimmage and is an excellent receiver.

- Now if they add A.J. Green, they'll also have one of the best WR prospects to come into the league over the past five years, according to most draftnicks.

I'm for giving Colt McCoy next year in Holmgren's WCO... and he'll have no excuses at all.

I would love to see the browns devote this draft to offense and heres My reason why...I think #1 the team is further along on defense in that we can add O-lineman and WR's and a change up scat back...My reasoning is I think a great offense will help this defense by that I mean "keep it off the field" If we can sustain drives I think this will go a long way...Maybe we take a flyer on Champ Bailey in FA and that could put Sheldon Brown in on Nickel and Dime packages and it adds another vet to help Eric Wright find his mojo again. Id love a solid RT on Offense and we can let Pashos get healthy and be a reserve,thus paving a way for the ouster of the turnstile in St.Clair...We load up on O and next draft load up on D..But let Me also say if a player on d is worth taking by all means we should grab him so I want to make it clear we cant ignore it totally...Im just saying keep the focus on Offense...I think another thing that could help is going back to a snarling 4-3 Defense ...Its less cerebral and I think it would help a guy like Wright and he would have less to think about. You can still be creative in the 4-3 with a good balance of LBr's and D-lineman.

Just occurred to me:

Colt should be given a shot at the WCO assuming that's where we are going, but we need to fix the right side of our line if we want any QB of ours to have enough time to throw... also we need more RB depth if Hardesty is still hurt. a stud rookie receiver should help but won't solve all our offensive woes.

And that is only talking about the offensive side of the ball...

Archived