THE BROWNS BOARD

Things Are Not Always as They Seem

longhorn

Don't get too excited about the Shurmur hire. I just took my dog (aka dawg) on a walk and he gave me the inside scoop on the hiring of Shurmur. This is being done to pave the way for 2012.

There will be a long protracted lockout in 2011 as the owners and players hash out a new deal. That is why you see all those NCAA stars staying in school. That is also why som many of the mediocre coaches were retained this year. Do you REALLY think those NCAA stars really want an education over fame and fortune?

Shurmur is a holding place till 2012 when WRREBEL's Supercuts budy, one Jon Gruden, will be ready to come to Cleveland after his son finishes high school ball. When Gruden comes in 2012 as HC, Shurmur will step into the OC position.

My dog is seldom wrong. He predicted the move of the Steelers franchise to Little Rock. Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet, I was supposed to keep that one quiet. Oh well, word is out now.

Don't get too excited about the Shurmur hire. I just took my dog (aka dawg) on a walk and he gave me the inside scoop on the hiring of Shurmur. This is being done to pave the way for 2012.

There will be a long protracted lockout in 2011 as the owners and players hash out a new deal. That is why you see all those NCAA stars staying in school. That is also why som many of the mediocre coaches were retained this year. Do you REALLY think those NCAA stars really want an education over fame and fortune?

Shurmur is a holding place till 2012 when WRREBEL's Supercuts budy, one Jon Gruden, will be ready to come to Cleveland after his son finishes high school ball. When Gruden comes in 2012 as HC, Shurmur will step into the OC position.

My dog is seldom wrong. He predicted the move of the Steelers franchise to Little Rock. Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet, I was supposed to keep that one quiet. Oh well, word is out now.

I can see that theory working if we held onto mangini. Gruden can go fly a kite

I can see that theory working if we held onto mangini. Gruden can go fly a kite

Poor WRREBEL, maybe you should see if Jay Gruden, coach of the Florida Tuskers (soon to be Virginia Destroyers) will start going with you for haircuts. It's soooo sad to see things end this way between the you and the Chuckster.

I engraved gruden 4 eva in my chest.. Now what am i going to do?

Just get a facsimile of Gruden tatooed on the left and the Eva Air logo tatooed to the immediate right and rent yourself out as a human commercial. evaair.com

Its going to be interesting to see if shurmur can do anything with the team but im watching this one develop with treason on my mind, i grow tired of all the garbage coaches and organizational failure while other clubs get it right..

I have zero optimism about this rigged insider hire and even less about this clubs future under holmgren aka lamonte's servant...

But this fanbase will take it in the ass and love it anyways, the sooner lerner depletes the remaining fanbase and moves this team the better..

It is what it is a hollow expansion team the real browns are dead..

Its going to be interesting to see if shurmur can do anything with the team but im watching this one develop with treason on my mind, i grow tired of all the garbage coaches and organizational failure while other clubs get it right..

I have zero optimism about this rigged insider hire and even less about this clubs future under holmgren aka lamonte's servant...

But this fanbase will take it in the ass and love it anyways, the sooner lerner depletes the remaining fanbase and moves this team the better..

Maybe it's just the initial shock of the hiring of Shurmur, after I was expecting Gruden, but I'm getting the same vibes about this whole Holmgren fiasco. I've never been sold on him being the "Saviour", and now I'm really becoming apathetic about the whole situation. Maybe that will change around draft time. I'm not ready to divorce the team, as you seem to be, but I've lost hope for any positive changes. So much for reviving the rivalry with Pissburg. Here we go again....I'm thinking another 3 -13, or maybe 3 - 15 with the 2 more games added. I really hope I'm wrong.....this reminds me of the Bellichik years. I felt the same way, and ultimately, I was wrong about him. Now...wouldn't you have rather kept Mangini for one more season? Maybe then Gruden could have been lured here.

I'm sure if you jumped ship now the Steelers or Ravens fanbase would welcome you with open arms.

I'm sure if you jumped ship now the Steelers or Ravens fanbase would welcome you with open arms.

all these so-called browns fans that called for another coach to come in (what is this six now since '99?), and now to see the sweat beading and dripping off their foreheads cuz they might be the fodder of the next 'canning of the coach' is amazing.

either they didn't get the guy they wanted or oops he might not get it done in two years, what am i gonna say then?

good luck shurmur. i love the browns and hope for the best, but when is this 2 year shit gonna end? the difference between a winning franchise is stability in the coaching staff AFTER they've implemented their system, got rid of cancerous players and drafted their own for at least two years thereafter. which means these fans that want things turned around in two years are dreaming. and don't qualify the teams that have new coaches who have drafted top five every year for ten years or whose previous coach has left the new guy a team that just needs one position to win. that would be saying (if shurmur wins next year) THANKS MANGINI!!!!

all these so-called browns fans that called for another coach to come in (what is this six now since '99?), and now to see the sweat beading and dripping off their foreheads cuz they might be the fodder of the next 'canning of the coach' is amazing.

either they didn't get the guy they wanted or oops he might not get it done in two years, what am i gonna say then?

good luck shurmur. i love the browns and hope for the best, but when is this 2 year shit gonna end? the difference between a winning franchise is stability in the coaching staff AFTER they've implemented their system, got rid of cancerous players and drafted their own for at least two years thereafter. which means these fans that want things turned around in two years are dreaming. and don't qualify the teams that have new coaches who have drafted top five every year for ten years or whose previous coach has left the new guy a team that just needs one position to win. that would be saying (if shurmur wins next year) THANKS MANGINI!!!!

Yeah, and add to that list teams that have miraculous turnarounds because they played a soft schedule (Kansas City) or had zero injuries (Arizona).

Gips, you have never been a fan in my opinion. I have rarely, if ever seen a positive post from you.

the difference between a winning franchise is stability in the coaching staff AFTER they've implemented their system, got rid of cancerous players and drafted their own for at least two years thereafter. which means these fans that want things turned around in two years are dreaming. and don't qualify the teams that have new coaches who have drafted top five every year for ten years or whose previous coach has left the new guy a team that just needs one position to win. that would be saying (if shurmur wins next year) THANKS MANGINI!!!![/b]

You are completely and utterly full of shit, dude. We had Butch Davis here for how long? We had RAC here for how long? Yeah look it up - 4 years a piece. So AFTER we let them build their team and gave them 2 years to do it, they began to suck, the team sucked, and the future looked gloomy. Holmgren comes in, takes a look at the staff Mangini has here and decides that the Mangini way is not the way Holmgren builds a winner. Now forgive me but what track record does Mangini have to go on? And what track record does Holmgren have to go on?

Yeah that's right. Holmgren has turned around 2 franchises and taken both to the Super Bowl.

2 years my ass. We gave coaches time and they kept screwing it up. For once we decided to hire a guy who knows the NFL, and his decision was to move on after 12 months of observing Eric Mangini and how his staff prepares the team.

It should not take 4 years to determine if the team is going in the right direction. Holmgren was hired to make the determination BEFORE we got to the end of the road with Mangini.

But sure by all means, you're right. We don't give coaches 4 years around here.

:rolleyes:

You are completely and utterly full of shit, dude. We had Butch Davis here for how long? We had RAC here for how long? Yeah look it up - 4 years a piece. So AFTER we let them build their team and gave them 2 years to do it, they began to suck, the team sucked, and the future looked gloomy. Holmgren comes in, takes a look at the staff Mangini has here and decides that the Mangini way is not the way Holmgren builds a winner. Now forgive me but what track record does Mangini have to go on? And what track record does Holmgren have to go on?

Yeah that's right. Holmgren has turned around 2 franchises and taken both to the Super Bowl.

2 years my ass. We gave coaches time and they kept screwing it up. For once we decided to hire a guy who knows the NFL, and his decision was to move on after 12 months of observing Eric Mangini and how his staff prepares the team.

It should not take 4 years to determine if the team is going in the right direction. Holmgren was hired to make the determination BEFORE we got to the end of the road with Mangini.

But sure by all means, you're right. We don't give coaches 4 years around here.

:rolleyes:

hey hoss: DING FRIES ARE DONE. now go get your shine box. you are my ultimate source of football knowledge. top of the list when this FAILS.

little joe is gettin xxxxed in the ass and the ponderosa is on fire. dope.

Archived