THE BROWNS BOARD

Rivalries

OSU Kid

I heard Terrel Suggs on Mike and Mike this morning and man do we need to get our rivalry with the Steelers on the field back to where it once was. It was so refreshing to hear how they have respect for each other but so much genuine dislike from both ends, that is what football has really lost with all the free agency and players moving around. Most games all the guys yuk it up afterwards and become buddy buddy but Suggs was asked if they get along after the games are over and he flat out said "NO they would not invite us to dinner and drinks and we would not invite them" that is good stuff not the trash talking the Jets do just pure football hate for each other makes for epic games and watercooler talk and Cleveland-Pittsburgh once had that.

No shit - we really have no rivalry with anyone. That's what happens when your team sucks for too long. Our rivalry was fueled by competitiveness, not by 41-9 blowouts.

It's the same thing with OSU v Mich. I miss that one. Down at the game at the shoe there was nothing close to the feel it once was.

I heard Terrel Suggs on Mike and Mike this morning and man do we need to get our rivalry with the Steelers on the field back to where it once was. It was so refreshing to hear how they have respect for each other but so much genuine dislike from both ends, that is what football has really lost with all the free agency and players moving around. Most games all the guys yuk it up afterwards and become buddy buddy but Suggs was asked if they get along after the games are over and he flat out said "NO they would not invite us to dinner and drinks and we would not invite them" that is good stuff not the trash talking the Jets do just pure football hate for each other makes for epic games and watercooler talk and Cleveland-Pittsburgh once had that.

That's why it was refreshing to see Suggs wearing his "Hey Pittsburgh" t-shirt yesterday. We hate them. They hate us. It's the way it should be. Although we really need to start tacking on some wins here...getting one sided again.

My how things have changed. Those were the days my old man talked about. Growing up bleeding Brown and Orange and not living in Ohio has been painful. I hear about how things used to be, but have never witnessed it myself.

This thing will be revived, sooner than later, now that we have the ghosts of Paul Brown and Bill Walsh running this team.

And then when you wake up 12 years from now ....................... it's just been 12 more years of the same old thing.

Thats NOT Necessarily true man ... Change is a possibility. It would Help Cleveland to lose the Karma of Whining though , thats for sure.

Yeah, Ravens fans actually show up to the games when the Steelers come to town, unlike Browns fans....

Yeah, Ravens fans actually show up to the games when the Steelers come to town, unlike Browns fans....

I'm a pretty loyal Browns fan, but that last game was a joke. The players had no effort from the start to the finish of the game, and it showed. When Watson tried to one-hand a very catchable ball and then promptly got intercepted by Polamalu, and then the touchdown long ball to Wallace after that interception.

Put yourself in our shoes, after seeing 10 years of shit-tastic football, it's a wonder we even still go to the games, and we still do because we LOVE our Browns.

So the next time you talk shit, think reasonable and if Pittsburgh goes through a bad losing streak, look out, it's gonna be a ghost-town.

That's true, change can happen in short order but not if the fans, the media, the city won't give them time to settle in to a system. And then there's the ownership that is questionable at best.

The ONLY one of those that matters is ownership. Fans, media, and city don't have a chili fart's worth of influence over the matter.

Archived