THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone thinking the same thing I am.....

Halfbreed216

So Cleveland Hires Shurmur, and a week or two ago I read reports that Donovan McNabb will be asking to leave Washington. I wonder if Cleveland or Shurmur have talked to him about coming to Cleveland to help with the progressing of Colt McCoy. If this is even in the works (haven't heard anything about it) I personally am not against the idea, but not sure if it would be worth our time or McNabb's. He is close to being "done" as a qb. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Im against bringing McNabb here. Colt is the starter and his rookie season is behind him so why bring in someone else just to make the fans fight about who should be the starting QB? Plus McNabb would want a big payday like Jake and that money would be better spent on a good WR if you ask me.

Im against bringing McNabb here. Colt is the starter and his rookie season is behind him so why bring in someone else just to make the fans fight about who should be the starting QB? Plus McNabb would want a big payday like Jake and that money would be better spent on a good WR if you ask me.

Not only would he want the big pay, we would be required to give it to him due to his veteran status. The bottom line is no sane Browns fan would want him on the team, he wouldn't want to come to the Browns, and if our FO is dumb enough to bring him in I would lose alot of hope in the upcoming season that is looking promising so far.

So Cleveland Hires Shurmur, and a week or two ago I read reports that Donovan McNabb will be asking to leave Washington. I wonder if Cleveland or Shurmur have talked to him about coming to Cleveland to help with the progressing of Colt McCoy. If this is even in the works (haven't heard anything about it) I personally am not against the idea, but not sure if it would be worth our time or McNabb's. He is close to being "done" as a qb. What are everyone else's thoughts?

well he's gotta be better than the other old time QB mentor. but isn't our old-timer already have a contract with an absurb amount of money owed him? thanks holmgren (mr. QB?)!

well he's gotta be better than the other old time QB mentor. but isn't our old-timer already have a contract with an absurb amount of money owed him? thanks holmgren (mr. QB?)!

Might be worth the money to release and pay him just to make room for McNabb. Would still like to keep Wallace as the #3 qb

Its time to send Jake and McNabb to the glue factory.

Their time as a professional football player is over, and both should be treated like a disease.

Honor them for what they have accomplished but they need to hang up the cleats.

0-2 in Super Bowls between them. I bet they hate the Patriots

The Browns bringing McNabb to Cleveland would be akin to what happened when the Ravens brought McNair into Baltimore in 2006. The team was fortunate to go 13-3 that year, and it wasn't because of #9. It would be more like McNair's second season in Baltimore. Also, I think Donovan still fashions himself a starter, and Cleveland already has a starting QB. Not sure McNabb would relish holding a clipboard at this point. But who knows. Mark Brunell has done it, and got a ring out of it.

Nope, McNabb's going to want a big payday, and still fashions himself a starter in the NFL. We don't need another freaking quarterback controversy. McCoy's the starter until proven otherwise.

Now I shouldn't bring this up- the mere thought of it will set Shep off on a series of orgasms- let's say McCoy flops miserably- the Browns finish 3-13, Shurmur gets canned. Who's waiting for us at #1 in 2012? Andrew Luck.

No backup quarterback? Quick- tell me who's Peyton Manning's backup without looking. Jake will be brought back (at vet minimum) to mentor Colt- or start a few games if he gets hurt.

Archived