THE BROWNS BOARD

Judge Roll

Westside Steve

In 2009, Judge Roll faced death threats after presiding over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher. After Judge Roll ruled that the case would be certified, threats came from talk-radio shows which fueled controversy and spurred audiences into making threats against the judge.

After one radio talk show, Judge Roll's name logged more than 200 phone calls as some callers threatened the judge and his family. This resulted in the judge and his wife being placed under a full-time protective detail for one month. A US Attorney's investigation identified four men as the makers of the threats, but no charges were filed.

In a July 9, 2009 interview with the Arizona Republic, Judge Roll described the time under high security as "unnerving and invasive... By its nature it has to be," Roll said. Roll also said, "It (the security) was handled very professionally by the Marshals Service."

Source

Roll, 63, was leaving a supermarket nearby

when when he spotted Ron Barber, aide to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), and "stopped by to say hi,"

according to a spokeswoman for Giffords. A short time later, a gunman opened fire. Giffords,

the apparent target, was wounded, as was Barber, her district director.

Source

1) The judge's death has hardly been "largely unmentioned in the mainstream press." He hasn't gotten the same attention as the Congresswoman, but he, along with the young girl who was killed, have certainly gotten more than anyone else who was shot.

2) Unlike the Congresswoman, he wasn't targeted. He was simply there by chance.

3) Since you have lots of news outlets that promote the cause of Republicans and who fight against the liberal agenda, are they part of this conspiracy, too?

Here's Fox News' website today:

Insiders at the federal prison holding Arizona gunman Jared Loughner reportedly say the 22-year-old's eyes 'look dead,' and he's showing 'no remorse' for the shooting spree

Fight to Keep Trial In Arizona

Loughner Among Other Gov't Watch List Dodgers

Giffords' Condition Upgraded

Giffords' Husband Breaks Silence

Threats Rattle Tea Party Leader

...Oh, no, Steve! They're in on it, too!

Come on, man. Really.

Huh? Try telling them that. That's their entire sales pitch - that they're not part of the mainstream media. This is why their opinionators are always railing against the "mainstream media."

This is what O'Reilly rails about every night - the mainstream media. Fox would be the response to that, remember?

This is why Sarah Palin calls it the "lamestream media." (See what she did there? She switched the....) And she's also employed by Fox, and is a big fan of Fox News. You imagine that she's talking about Fox News when she says that? Come on.

I think you've got this one wrong. You just saw the flaw in your argument and are trying to patch it up with some glue. If Fox News is a Republican media outlet, why are they complicit in denying the Republican judge his due?

I think you're looking to confirm what you already think - that everyone gets more attention than Republican white men. I think it's probably a little simpler than that. You've got a woman who was targeted for assassination by a mad man and is clinging to life and slowly recovering. It's a story that resonates with people, which is why it's reported.

And she's also still alive, which is why she's still news and he isn't as much.

Huh? Try telling them that. That's their entire sales pitch - that they're not part of the mainstream media. This is why their opinionators are always railing against the "mainstream media."

This is what O'Reilly rails about every night - the mainstream media. Fox would be the response to that, remember?

This is why Sarah Palin calls it the "lamestream media." (See what she did there? She switched the....) And she's also employed by Fox, and is a big fan of Fox News. You imagine that she's talking about Fox News when she says that? Come on.

I think you've got this one wrong. You just saw the flaw in your argument and are trying to patch it up with some glue. If Fox News is a Republican media outlet, why are they complicit in denying the Republican judge his due?

I think you're looking to confirm what you already think - that everyone gets more attention than Republican white men. I think it's probably a little simpler than that. You've got a woman who was targeted for assassination by a mad man and is clinging to life and slowly recovering. It's a story that resonates with people, which is why it's reported.

And she's also still alive, which is why she's still news and he isn't as much.

Yeah that's true.

Anyway I should have said I'd expect the coverage to be way different had it been a Republican male wounded.

But as for the "lamestream" those pundits (I assume) are saying that there's a left slant among most outlets.

PS I just saw the bone chip head on CNN.

You're right.

The news is the news.

WSS

Just a guess fellows.

Why do you think the murder of Judge Roll has been largely unmentioned in the mainstream press while Ms Giffords has been covered 24/7 ?

Because he's dead?

Because he's a man?

Because he's a Republican?

Because his death doesn't do much to promote the "agenda?"WSS

Certainly the fact that the Congresswoman is, well, a female plays into the sentiment. How many women have been executed from death row? That is a strong element.

However, political opportunism reeks. First Obama turned a very sad and, should-have-been, solemn event into a de facto campaign rally. At the same time, the strangestream media is jumping up and down at the thought of turning this into a 'them' vs. 'us' situation.

Shameless.

"First Obama turned a very sad and, should-have-been, solemn event into a de facto campaign rally."

He did?

Explain how the president did that, John. By giving a speech about the victims? The "better angels of our nature" part of it?

Name one partisan, political thing he said. Here's the transcript.

You're probably going to want to take that back. You're not going to be able to find anything. Or maybe I was listening to a different speech. Or maybe you only listened to the commentary, not the speech.

>>Explain how the president did that, John. By giving a speech about the victims? The "better angels of our nature" part of it?>>

He NEVER ONCE asked the 'rowdy kids' wearing 'campaign' T-Shirt to simmer down and respect the lives lost and the reason for it.

Perhaps an act of omission, but he did nothing to temper the 'spirit' of those there for the 'event'.

Damn political ops for Obamao who put those tshirts on every freakin seat.

And yes, Obamao played up to them. It was a "look at me, I want to be Pres again" moment,

that should never have been.

Certainly the fact that the Congresswoman is, well, a female plays into the sentiment. How many women have been executed from death row? That is a strong element.

However, political opportunism reeks. First Obama turned a very sad and, should-have-been, solemn event into a de facto campaign rally. At the same time, the strangestream media is jumping up and down at the thought of turning this into a 'them' vs. 'us' situation.

Shameless.

That about sums it up.

Nearly every story contains commentary about "civil discourse" along with the phony disclaimer over the reason for the attack.

Even the speech Obama read.

But if the presidents promo people actually passed out the T shirts that'd be pretty distasteful wouldn't it?

Heck?

WSS

For instance, I've seen this headline a lot today:

Doctors remove bone chips from Giffords eye socket

It's a bit easier to write that story than the one about a guy still being dead.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...that got played for 2-3 years.

I'm not seeing the "distasteful" in handing out T-shirts that say "Together we stand" - or whatever they said. That hardly gets me going.

Only the party that doesn't hold the presidency could give a shit about such a thing. Which is to say, I could see Democrats complaining if Bush did this. And it wouldn't have made any more sense then either.

I'm not seeing the "distasteful" in handing out T-shirts that say "Together we stand" - or whatever they said. That hardly gets me going.

Only the party that doesn't hold the presidency could give a shit about such a thing. Which is to say, I could see Democrats complaining if Bush did this. And it wouldn't have made any more sense then either.

Probably.

But in this case it was Dems.

I'm sure you'll bring it up to me when Republicans do it.

And the shirts were blue.....

;)

WSS

>>I'm not seeing the "distasteful" in handing out T-shirts that say "Together we stand" - or whatever they said. That hardly gets me going.>>

"Together we stand" against what? Mentally deranged people shooting and killing people?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama's organization commandere, "Together We Stand" as Obama's campaign slogan in 2012.

To bad all the, "We Are Fam-ily" shirts are torn, stained or already licensed.

It was a political rally of sorts. It was just a situation to be used and abused, in the favor of Obamao and the left.

Not anywhere near like that business where the left blamed Rush and Sarah Palin and the Tea Party...

but, they leave no op unused, no stone unturned, no chance wasted, no minority interests that aren't worth buying...

blech.

that judge is the judge who ruled in favor of illegal immigrants, and against a Rancher, and let their lawsuit continue.

Not much of a hero with that much lib bias.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/0...-john-roll.html

Heck, I know he was appointed by Bush. No freakin conservative judge rules

against an AMERICAN rancher, in favor of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

I remember reading about that fiasco. I never said he was a Dem.

That ruling was a sham, I don't care that Bush appointed him or not.

The rancher has had his home broken into, calves killed, trash dumped all over,

and he caught these illegals TRESPASSING on his property. He called the sheriff.

The rancher didn't do anything wrong. The freakin ILLEGALS have no civil rights.

You name me ONE conservative in this country, who says that illegals immigrants have

the rights of American citizens. If they DID, you would not be FREAKIN ALLOWED TO KICK THEM OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

I just don't know where our country is headed, but I think we're headed for big, big, big trouble...

Archived