THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Daboll New Dolphins OC

DAWGPOUND16

Filed to ESPN: Brian Daboll will be named new Dolphins offensive coordinator. Most recently was Browns OC.

http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/27078252145147904

Good Riddance.

Sparano ... Dabol ... Henne ... what an EXCITING offense that will be next year!

Zombo

--Bills are a lock for third place.

Sweet, he can run around barefoot, hopped up on coke like 1/2 of the city is. Then maybe he can come up with some creative ways to get Brandon Marshall to run a double reverse to himself and then the same play, pass a slant to himself in the Clash offense, during one of his "all-nighters".

Was a fan of Mangini and Ryan, never liked this hack.

Not sure if anyone saw this. Good riddance.

The Miami Dolphins are set to announce Brian Daboll as their offensive coordinator, a league source said Monday.

Daboll, who spent the past two seasons as offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns, takes over for Dan Henning on coach Tony Sparano's Dolphins staff.

Daboll guided a Browns offense that netted 10 wins in two years and this season ranked 31st in points per game (16.9), 29th in total yards per game (289.7), 29th in passing yards per game (186.8) and 20th in rushing yards per game (102.9).

The Dolphins are looking for a boost on offense after ranking 30th in points per game (17.1) and 21st in total yards per game (323.1).

Dallas Cowboys tight ends coach John Garrett and San Diego Chargers tight ends/assistant head coach Rob Chudzinski -- also a former Browns offensive coordinator -- were believed to have interviewed for the Dolphins' offensive coordinatore job. Garrett will remain with the Cowboys to serve as passing game coordinator.

Before joining the Browns, Daboll spent two seasons with the New York Jets as quarterbacks coach, working with Brett Favre in 2008.

Daboll also spent seven seasons on the New England Patriots' staff, where he earned three Super Bowl rings as a defensive coaching assistant (2000-01) and wide receivers coach (2002-06).

Talk about a shocker, what is the front office of Miami smoking? I'm glad he's another teams problem. I think we're all in deep agreeance that this guy was awful. Wether you like Mangini or not we all hated Daboll and his atrocious play calling. We do have that don't we? Good riddance Dumballs..

Well he has two talented wide receivers and two decent RB's and an average to good qb. I actually think Henne could STILL end up being alright in the NFL. That is more talent then he had around him in Cleveland so it should be interesting to see what he can do with it. He is gone so I wish him the best of luck and a ton of success as long as that success doesn't negatively impact the Browns in any way.

I don't know if it is karma. I think it simply points out that no coach is going to have much success with a lack of talent on the field.

Ariens was run out of town on a rail, only to land 90 miles away in Pittsburgh. Seems to have worked out pretty good for him there.

Mangini has a proven 5 year track record of strangling offensives and their coordinators to the point of failure..

Unless you were in the room with them or on the headset...you have no basis for this statement. Brian Schottenheimer has been the OC since Mangini hired him. In 2008, under Mangini, the Jets were:

16th in total offense

9th in scoring offense

This year, they were

11th in total offense

13th in scoring offense

Both years they averaged 5.2 yards per offensive play.

Doesn't sound like "strangling" to me.

Unless you were in the room with them or on the headset...you have no basis for this statement. Brian Schottenheimer has been the OC since Mangini hired him. In 2008, under Mangini, the Jets were:

16th in total offense

9th in scoring offense

This year, they were

11th in total offense

13th in scoring offense

Both years they averaged 5.2 yards per offensive play.

Doesn't sound like "strangling" to me.

Let the haters hate.

Good reminder Peen, also Browns fans are quick to forget that Maurice Carthon was run out of town on a rail a few years back, now Asst HC of the Chiefs. Arians was the one that really killed me though, coming off of a 2002 playoff season (which was a phenomenal offensive year) Butch gets rid of all veterans to get younger, the Couch-Holcomb debate runs all year long and William Green begins his long descent and we lose something like 6 of the last 7 that year. So what do Browns fans do? Of course, run the OC out of town on a rail. Now I've got to see Arians on the Steeler sideline with a headset on every week. Daboll getting hired is no surprise, given the track record of our OC's after our fans run them out of town, the only surprise is there weren't multiple teams bidding for him.

Monty Python could have gone to the steelers and succeeded.

If they didn't go get the right players with the Browns, and called a stupid game,

they are gone. They go somewhere else, have far better talent, a solid oline etc,

and succeed, "it just doesn't matter". I'm still glad they're gone. I figure they learned

how what they were doing was stupid, and went somewhere else and were told

"you can't be stupid like that anymore". Arians didn't install a new offense with the stinkin steelers.

Note: I haven't read where one Browns player said he wishes Dabol would have stayed. He just went with what they've always been doing.

You guys haven't been on too many Steelers boards. Last season they wanted Arians gone. We are fans, and we don't coach for a reason. Some are correct today and wrong tomorrow, and vice versa. I have been on Browns forums for 6 seasons and I have seen both sides of the story.

If any of you follow Ryan McCrystal's Draft Ace website, he wrote this article which I found to be highly amuzing.

Dolphins are early contenders in 2012 Andrew Luck sweepstakes

By Ryan McCrystal, January 18, 2011 9:16 am

Stop reading now Dolphins fans. You’re not going to like what I have to say.

The Dolphins are my early favorite to earn the No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft, thus winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Miami finished 7-9, so I realize that I’m going out on a limb. Right now they have far more talent than the Panthers, Bills or Browns – just to name a few. But they’re quickly headed in the wrong direction.

For starters, just look how they ended the 2010 season. They went 1-4 in December and January, including losses to the Browns, Bills and Lions. With Tony Sparano’s job on the line, the team didn’t exactly step up for their coach.

As bad as the Dolphins were down the stretch, however, their owner is the real reason why I think they’re headed towards a miserable 2011 season.

Shortly after the season ended Stephen Ross interviewed Jim Harbaugh. The only problem with that was he already had a head coach. And he never told Tony Sparano or anyone else that his current head coach’s job was in jeopardy.

After butchering the coaching situation, Ross decided to get involved with the playcalling, asking for a hurry-up offense. More specifically, he wants the offense to become more “aggressive” and “creative.”

So what better way for Ross to ensure that his team’s offense becomes “aggressive” and “creative” than by hiring former Browns offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, who was nothing short of an epic failure during his two years in Cleveland.

If you thought the ‘Phins offense was abysmal in 2010 – they finished 30th in the league – just wait until Daboll gets his hands on Brandon Marshall and company. Not only does Daboll have a knack for poor clock management and unimaginative playcalling, but he’ll likely be losing his most productive playmakers.

Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown are both free agents, and both are still searching for their first career playoff victory. Williams is 33 and Brown is 29 and neither has much left in the tank, as a result I would be surprised to see either back in South Beach.

And I haven’t even mentioned the quarterback situation. Chad Henne, who was benched in favor of Chad Pennington at one point this season, is still under contract but doesn’t exactly have the confidence of the coaching staff. If Ross continues down this path of over-involvement it’s only a matter of time before he pulls an Al Davis and falls in love with Cam Newton or Jake Locker.

And if the dominoes continue to fall in this order, it won’t be long before Brandon Marshall is pouting and demanding a trade.

It’s getting ugly in Miami, and I’m jumping off the bandwagon early. The only good news for Dolphins fans is that the best quarterback prospect of the past decade may await them in next April’s draft.

DraftAce.com

Archived