THE BROWNS BOARD

Now, that Musgrave is out, here comes Jim Zorn

dawgpound3

It seems like we arent going to get a top line guy since shurmur wants to call his own plays

Seems that way, with shurmy calling his own plays experienced OCs may want to stay away as that means no control whatsoever...

We will likely end up with a nameless QB coach upgraded to an assistant booth coach or something...

Could be a good thing could be bad thing, we will have no idea until at least mid season..

I've asked this question before but it seems no one has an acceptable answer....

What is the OC job on game day... What are his responsibilities, what authority does he have???????????????

On Game Day-- What are the job descriptions of the head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator???

Terry Pluto stated that the offensive coordinator is the head coach of the offense on game day... Is this how it works??

Peace

'

T.Dawg

I've asked this question before but it seems no one has an acceptable answer....

What is the OC job on game day... What are his responsibilities, what authority does he have???????????????

On Game Day-- What are the job descriptions of the head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator???

Terry Pluto stated that the offensive coordinator is the head coach of the offense on game day... Is this how it works??

Peace

'

T.Dawg

On the Browns the OC will be Shurmurs puppet and the puppet master (shurmur) hasn't been a very good OC, so thats not saying much. As one poster said on pft after the Shurmur hiring, I quote "Shurmur is the sound my stomach makes after i've had too much White Castle"..

Seems that way, with shurmy calling his own plays experienced OCs may want to stay away as that means no control whatsoever...

We will likely end up with a nameless QB coach upgraded to an assistant booth coach or something...

Could be a good thing could be bad thing, we will have no idea until at least mid season..

I agree with this. In my opinion Zorn would be a good choice as OC. Former head coach, experienced offensive mind. But a guy like that isn't coming here to not call the plays. Cripes, we let Freaking daboll call the plays as a rookie OC.

Shurmur saying he wanted to call his own plays bothered me right away. it is a sign he hasn't realized yet that his new job as Head Coach is different that being an OC. Sure he called the plays for the Rams but the offense was all he had to worry about. Now, he has to be involved personally with all aspects of the team including the defense and special teams. We need to hire the best possible OC and let the man do his job. Shurmur will have plenty of opportunities to work with his new OC and make sure they are on the same page.

I aint old enough to buy beer but I'll give you beer from my fridge. haha

well, what's in the fridge?

On the Browns the OC will be Shurmurs puppet and the puppet master (shurmur)

holmgren is the puppet master. shurmer is the puppet. look at the press conference how holmgren had to answer for little pat on his coaching credentials which literally are paper thin.

Mary Kay' is cute

now i know you're delusional.

But she did SAY something cute once, I think...

Look, if Shurmur is calling his own plays, why not just make Bernie Kosar the assistant OC ?

"sigh".

They'll get it right.

Archived