THE BROWNS BOARD

an inside scoop

DawgEatSteel

my brother works for the browns, hes on the ground crew...i got to talk to him after he was off work and he told me that he saw dave wannstedt coming into the building today...said the interview went awhile...he also told me something else interesting...he said that he "heard" rumors about us trading the 6th pick to SD for vincent jackson or signing him once hes a free agent...i found this very interesting i thought id pass this info on to you guys before espn did... i would really like him on this team over a rookie WR but i wanted to hear some of your thoughts...again this is only what hes saying i dont know who is telling him this at work but hes usually right on the money with everything he says

my brother works for the browns, hes on the ground crew...i got to talk to him after he was off work and he told me that he saw dave wannstedt coming into the building today...said the interview went awhile...he also told me something else interesting...he said that he "heard" rumors about us trading the 6th pick to SD for vincent jackson or signing him once hes a free agent...i found this very interesting i thought id pass this info on to you guys before espn did... i would really like him on this team over a rookie WR but i wanted to hear some of your thoughts...again this is only what hes saying i dont know who is telling him this at work but hes usually right on the money with everything he says

Rumors are rumors. They are fun to discuss, but I wont put any thought into it until it is reported from a credible source or happens, no offense.

Isn't Vincent Jackson one DUI away from a 1 year suspension? Too risky if that's the case.

There you have it. Held out for more $$$ too.

"Jackson faces a three-game suspension from the NFL after two drunken driving arrests and then must sit three more games because San Diego placed him on the roster exempt list. If he is traded, the NFL Players' Association will probably try to get Jackson off the exempt list and get him on the field after his NFL suspension is served."

Great- let's bring in another Braylon Edwards or Donte Stallworth. NO THANKS.

We're not giving up the #6 pick for someone else's trouble. The Patriots got Moss for a 4th rounder, and that's about all Jackson is worth right now IMHO.

"Jackson faces a three-game suspension from the NFL after two drunken driving arrests and then must sit three more games because San Diego placed him on the roster exempt list. If he is traded, the NFL Players' Association will probably try to get Jackson off the exempt list and get him on the field after his NFL suspension is served."

We're not giving up the #6 pick for someone else's trouble. The Patriots got Moss for a 4th rounder, and that's about all Jackson is worth right now IMHO.

He did his time we will just have to hire a driver for him :)

Vincent Jackson would be the biggest WR in the AFC North. Having him and MoMass and Robo, our wr height would be pretty damn good. I am sure the Pats will get him somehow for a lower pick and a player, and then somehow get a 1st rounder out of the deal like always.

Interesting. I'd take him. Yeah, he may be a bit of a head case, but perhaps they can keep him in line. We need a stud WR badly!

IF the rumor had merit he certainly wouldn't be worth a 1st rounder.

Jackson is one DUI away from kissing his career goodbye or possibly killing someone. The guy's pattern tells me to stay away, regardless of his talent.

Mike

He did his time we will just have to hire a driver for him :)

Let's look at it this way- why should any team have to hire a driver for these guys? It's BAD JUDGMENT on their part. Aside from the fact these guys make enough money- cab, hell, they can easily afford hiring a limo for the entire night while they're out partying. And I know for a fact the Bengals (and I'll have to assume almost all other teams) have a toll free number players can call 24\7 to get a ride home if there's any question about their ability to drive. And these maroons are STILL getting busted for DUI.

Let's look at it this way- why should any team have to hire a driver for these guys? It's BAD JUDGMENT on their part. Aside from the fact these guys make enough money- cab, hell, they can easily afford hiring a limo for the entire night while they're out partying. And I know for a fact the Bengals (and I'll have to assume almost all other teams) have a toll free number players can call 24\7 to get a ride home if there's any question about their ability to drive. And these maroons are STILL getting busted for DUI.

I think the league itself offers a number for people to call, but think about personal experience, be it yourself or a friend....how many drunk people don't think they are OK to drive??

Preventing a DUI happens before you get drunk, not after you get smashed.

You also have to understand the level is way less than wino's like you and I(and others) might think.

Legally drunk is way below weaving all over the place unless it is the first alcohol buzz you have ever had.

very true. drinking and driving is never about whether you think you can make it someplace safely. it's about whether or not you can blow under the limit. an accidental homicide (t-bone at intersection, pedestrian, distracted etc) dead sober is a lifetime away from an accidental homicide one hundredth of a point over the legal limit. the choice is easy, but not always convenient. think about it.

my cousins friends attorney handles mike holmgren's niece's legal affairs and he said that Sidney Rice and Calvin Johnson will be Browns after February 17th.

ROFL... and my Dad's third cousin, twice removed's husband who died recently, but used to groom Holmgren's mustache while he was in San Francisco, said on his deathbed a week after he passed, that the entire Vikings defensive line and all the Patriot linebackers were going to be Browns next season as well.

Working for the Browns Grounds Crew?...in Frozen January,?, with the Browns season over for the last what 5 weeks? Is he getting the field ready for next Sept?

I would think there isn't much ground crew work this time of year.?? :wacko::wacko:

Because WRs seem to be more readily available, especially ones with spotty records of some kind (Moss, Holmes, Edwards, etc.), they sure as hell don't get traded for high first round picks. I can't remember anything even close.

The Chargers might get a second round pick for him. The Browns would absolutely take A.J. or Julio over him. And I like Jackson a lot, wanted the Browns to draft Rodgers and VJ that year.

I can seriously see him as a Patriot.

Archived