THE BROWNS BOARD

WANNSTEDT TO BUFFALO

Squintz

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...ns-bills-staff/

Dave Wannstedt joins Bills’ staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 21, 2011, 9:34 AM EST

Former Dolphins and Bears head coach Dave Wannstedt has found a new job with the Buffalo Bills.

Wannstedt, who was most recently fired as head coach at the University of Pittsburgh, will become the assistant head coach and linebackers coach for the Bills, Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports.

Wannstedt went 42-31 as head coach at Pittsburgh, which also happens to have been his record with the Dolphins. He was 40-56 with the Bears.

Bills head coach Chan Gailey will be Wannstedt’s boss in Buffalo, with Gailey giving a job to the man who was his boss in 2001 and 2001, when Gailey was the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator.

Better hope we can get a DC with some sort of experience! My guess is Jauron will get the DC job in Philly and the same thing that happened to our OC candidates will happen with our DC candidates. Is it me or are we now scrapping at the bottom of the barrel of coaches? This is all very depressing :(

Better hope we can get a DC with some sort of experience! My guess is Jauron will get the DC job in Philly and the same thing that happened to our OC candidates will happen with our DC candidates. Is it me or are we now scrapping at the bottom of the barrel of coaches? This is all very depressing :(

It is almost to the point I am disappointed we don't get guys I didn't want in the first place.

One has to cast doubt on this regimes resolve, obviously a whole year rotted on holmgrens clock and the assistant positions and who will end up in them are not looking promising at least not to me..

Sources say that we are now going to hire Dick Jauron for sure. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...l_hire_dic.html

Archived