THE BROWNS BOARD

Hasselbeck tutoring McCoy

Nw220

Say Wallace leaves via F/A and we should cut are ties with Jake Delhomme would anyone be mad if we signed Matt Hasselbeck to tutor McCoy, hes a F/A this year im not sure if he still wants to be the starter or what have it but would you like that idea or not.....I would like it firmly if Hasselbeck knew he was brought in to try to help develop Colt in the system, seeing how he has ties to Holmgrem???

Any Thoughts

Say Wallace leaves via F/A and we should cut are ties with Jake Delhomme would anyone be mad if we signed Matt Hasselbeck to tutor McCoy, hes a F/A this year im not sure if he still wants to be the starter or what have it but would you like that idea or not.....I would like it firmly if Hasselbeck knew he was brought in to try to help develop Colt in the system, seeing how he has ties to Holmgrem???

Any Thoughts

I think Hasselbeck will be the starting QB for the Seattle Seahawks next year, and will probably be tutoring somewhat a new young QB that the Shawks may end up taking in the first round this year, like a Ryan Mallet.

Your idea has merit but I don't see it happening.

I wouldn't want to tell Matt Hasselbeck he should be backing up Colt McCoy next year. Not to his face anyway. Carroll's already said he's the locked in starter next year and they want to sign him to a new deal.

He's not ready to be a mentor yet. He just had like 300 yards and 3 TDs in a playoff game, right?

Any Thoughts

Might be a good idea, look at how David Hasselhoff's "tutoring" helped the Steelers "Big" Ben.

david-hasselhoff-7.jpg

I wouldn't want to tell Matt Hasselbeck he should be backing up Colt McCoy next year. Not to his face anyway. Carroll's already said he's the locked in starter next year and they want to sign him to a new deal.

He's not ready to be a mentor yet. He just had like 300 yards and 3 TDs in a playoff game, right?

Yeah, 35 years old, and he hasn't had a positive TD- INT ratio since 2007. Go ahead, Carrol, re-sign him, PLEASE!!!

Yeah, 35 years old, and he hasn't had a positive TD- INT ratio since 2007. Go ahead, Carrol, re-sign him, PLEASE!!!

Excatly he is overrated even though in the playoffs he played lights out, his best days are behind him and if the Seahawks think hes going to bring them a Ring there crazy..Overall though i think he would be a great teacher to learn from but he may think he is still to good to take that role in my opion give him one more year on the Seahawks and they'll be looking at Andrew Luck

Browns fan in the Seattle area here. It's been speculated that Paul Allen fired Jim Mora after just one season because he was in win-now mode after his cancer scare. And Pete Carroll, despite his youthful vigor, is the league's second-oldest head coach at 59. I don't think the Seahawks are going to really be in rebuilding mode for a few years -- rather, they'll probably bounce between seven and nine wins -- and Charlie Whitehurst has proved he doesn't have the goods to start. So I think it's a safe bet that Hasselbeck stays out here for one more season.

That said, he looked absolutely terrible in a few games this year, and Carson Palmer's demands could throw a wrinkle into things. Seattle teams have shown the willingness to make big trades, and often not for the best. I'm just hoping Matt Leinart doesn't end up out here.

Brian

Thanks just wanted to see what a few people had in mind on the whole situation i personally wouldnt necessicarly like it but Hasselbeck is Holmgrems golden boy and knows whatever kinda WCO he runs he must know excatly the playbook they want to install here, but ethier way throw Colt the Keys to benz and let him put the pedal to the metal if he crashes and burns hell at least he had a chance

I have mixed emotions on this because bringing in Hasslebeck might have Colt looking over his shoulder...or it will light an even more intense fire in him.

Tutoring? Ah, just what is Hasselbecks history and qualifications for "tutoring" a QB?

Is this kind of like Dilfer tutoring, mentoring McCoy?

Just who was it that "tutored" Dan Marino that he went to teh SB his rookie year?

Give McCoy a couple wide recievers and a TRUE top quality RB and he will tutor himself.

Totally agree with this post but think about Aaron Rodgers how he had Brett Favre to show him the playbook and the way the WCO was being run there before he took over and look how great he is, maybe the best QB in the league right now...Or at least 5 years from now he will be on Tom Brady,Peyton Manning level etc..

I have mixed emotions on this because bringing in Hasslebeck might have Colt looking over his shoulder...or it will light an even more intense fire in him.

You think Colt needs someone to light a fire under him? Really? http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b80q8

You know, I hear Brett Favre is retiring for real this time...We could hire him as QB coach or OC...He knows the offense right? And he wouldn't have to call the plays because Shurmur has that handled...His biggest job would be to mentor and coach up Colt. Hey...I think it could work...at least until Favre decided to play again. Which could be tomorrow! While we're at it, since the name's been brought up elsewhere, Bernie could be the OC with Favre as his QB coach. Then we could get Jerry Rice in here to coach the WR's right?

You know, I hear Brett Favre is retiring for real this time...We could hire him as QB coach or OC...He knows the offense right? And he wouldn't have to call the plays because Shurmur has that handled...His biggest job would be to mentor and coach up Colt. Hey...I think it could work...at least until Favre decided to play again. Which could be tomorrow! While we're at it, since the name's been brought up elsewhere, Bernie could be the OC with Favre as his QB coach. Then we could get Jerry Rice in here to coach the WR's right?

Only if he agreed to do the job without owning a phone or being connected to any form of electronic texting and/or photo sharing. Seriously though, I don't think Brett is the coaching type. H'd rather spend time hunting and fishing.

Archived