THE BROWNS BOARD

Longevity and consistency

OSU Kid

I think one of the biggest items people are missing is the track record we have for NFL experience on this current team, it is such a big key to having leadership . There is a huge disparity in having a good nucleaus that remains together and builds a good foundation of winning. All the coaching changes really hurt this process and I think sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. I compared players that have been with the Browns for at least 5 years vs the same for the Steelers. Very pathetic difference between the two especially on Defense and certainly no coincidence in the results of each franchise. This needs to change.

Browns

Phil Dawson - 12 years

Ryan Pontbriand - 7 years

Josh Cribbs - 6 years

Lwrence Vickers - 5 years

D'Qwell Jackson - 5 years

Steelers

Hiens Ward - 13 years

Aaron Smith - 12 years

Casey Hampton - 10 years

Brett Keisel - 9 years

Chris Hoke - 9 years

James Farrior - 9 years

Larry Foote - 8 years

Troy Polamalu - 8 years

Ike Taylor - 8 years

James Harrison - 7 years

Max Starks - 7 years

Ben Roethlisberger - 7 years

Heath Miller - 6 years

Willie Colon- 6 years

Chris Kemoeatu - 6 years

Charlie Batch - 6 years

Trai Essex - 6 years

Bryan McFadden - 5 years

Antwan Randel El - 5 years

Anthony Madison - 5 years

Once again I ask (point out), where are our #1 draft choices from the past 10 years...

Most #1 choices are signed for 5 or 6 years yet our roster has few of them left...In fact, most of our #1 choices are out of football... When you get to 2nd and 3rd round picks it's just as bad if not worse...

The one area of the new regime that has me optimistic is Heckert.. His track record is pretty good at evaluating talent... Our record for drafting is probably the worst in the NFL....

Peace

T.Dawg

as much as most of us despise the steelers........they kick our ass in all facets of the game, not only on the field but off the field in their front office. who wants to play for the browns? most players when they hit free agency look for a team that they might win a championship with and a team with stability. meaning thgey don't have learn a new system under a new coach every two years. hey lerner and holmgren, take some notes!

Archived