THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson Palmer wants to be traded

BrownsFan4Evr

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN

Archive

Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals in 2003, was unavailable for comment as he and his wife Shaelynn were awaiting the birth of their third child.

A Bengals spokesman had no comment. The team has Palmer under contract through 2014.

Palmer has become the object of fan frustration in the past two years and sources said he has grown frustrated with the team's inconsistencies. The Bengals finished 4-12 in 2010.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset said he is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Several teams will be in the market for quarterbacks this offseason. Seattle will have an opening at quarterback if the Seahawks can't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck. Palmer won the Heisman Trophy for now-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at USC in 2002. San Francisco, where his wife was raised, and Arizona could also be options.

Palmer suffered a major knee injury in a first-round playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2005 season. He also suffered an elbow injury in 2008 and considered Tommy John surgery before choosing to rehab without having the operation.

it has become very obvious that Carson just never came back the same player after that devastating knee injury he had. As of right now if I were any team it'd be crazy to trade for him unless it 5th round pick (s) or later. He might have a year or two left who knows. I mean the Bengals already have his brother on the roster at QB so they're good to go haha. wouldn't it be hilarious if they both got moved to the same team?

Maybe the Bengals draft QB in the 1st RD? Maybe we get AJ Green???

If Palmer is gone I highly doubt they draft WR with their first pick, what would be the point of it?

it has become very obvious that Carson just never came back the same player after that devastating knee injury he had. As of right now if I were any team it'd be crazy to trade for him unless it 5th round pick (s) or later. He might have a year or two left who knows. I mean the Bengals already have his brother on the roster at QB so they're good to go haha. wouldn't it be hilarious if they both got moved to the same team?

I think if Carson leavea they shit can his brother... and his brother is the one who will literally have to retire from the NFL because the only reason he has a job now is because of Carson. He is just flat out horrible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN

Archive

Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals in 2003, was unavailable for comment as he and his wife Shaelynn were awaiting the birth of their third child.

A Bengals spokesman had no comment. The team has Palmer under contract through 2014.

Palmer has become the object of fan frustration in the past two years and sources said he has grown frustrated with the team's inconsistencies. The Bengals finished 4-12 in 2010.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset said he is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Several teams will be in the market for quarterbacks this offseason. Seattle will have an opening at quarterback if the Seahawks can't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck. Palmer won the Heisman Trophy for now-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at USC in 2002. San Francisco, where his wife was raised, and Arizona could also be options.

Palmer suffered a major knee injury in a first-round playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2005 season. He also suffered an elbow injury in 2008 and considered Tommy John surgery before choosing to rehab without having the operation.

what about his own inconsistencies ? Pot Kettle Black ?

Maybe the Bengals draft QB in the 1st RD? Maybe we get AJ Green???

Very possible if he does in fact force a trade or retire. He's a damn bum anyway. He should just retire. If he can't get it done with that host of receivers and a up and coming defense he doesn't need a different team. He needs a couch.

Exactly- at least as far as not being the same player. His accuracy is shot, and he's been gun-shy ever since having his knee blown out by Von Cheapshotten. Add in some frustration about Mike Brown's miserly way of running the team and it's time to hit the exit running.

Actually, I think you're underestimating Palmer's trade value. Besides the Vikings, Arizona may have an interest. Or how 'bout Da Bungles doing an even swap for Donovan McNabb?

Exactly- at least as far as not being the same player. His accuracy is shot, and he's been gun-shy ever since having his knee blown out by Von Cheapshotten. Add in some frustration about Mike Brown's miserly way of running the team and it's time to hit the exit running.

Actually, I think you're underestimating Palmer's trade value. Besides the Vikings, Arizona may have an interest. Or how 'bout Da Bungles doing an even swap for Donovan McNabb?

I think you may have a point there. If I were Arizona I'd trade a 3rd for him easily. I mean hell I'm pretty sure I could compete to be the starter out there haha. And he would be walking into a fairly solid offensive unit with fitz and breaston along with beanie wells.

BREAKING NEWS: Mike Brown said he will not trade Carson Palmer.

via ESPN Right Now.

Trade him or keep him...In light of this whole incident, Cincy may want to think about going QB in the first round. I don't think they go WR either way. They have a solid group of young receivers behind ochocinco.

BREAKING NEWS: Mike Brown said he will not trade Carson Palmer.

via ESPN Right Now.

I'd expect no less from Mike Brown- the guy is a first order clown- but unlike MuchoStinko a few years back, this time Palmer holds the high cards, not Mickey.

Palmer lives a very conservative lifestyle, and the DOESN'T need the money. So it's a case if the Bengals want to get something for Palmer- or nothing. Only thing that works against Palmer is there can't be any trades until a new CBA gets done.

If Palmer retires, the Bengals have no plan B. Their best plan B would consist of losing all 16 games, and drafting Andrew Luck in 2012.

I'd expect no less from Mike Brown- the guy is a first order clown- but unlike MuchoStinko a few years back, this time Palmer holds the high cards, not Mickey.

Palmer lives a very conservative lifestyle, and the DOESN'T need the money. So it's a case if the Bengals want to get something for Palmer- or nothing. Only thing that works against Palmer is there can't be any trades until a new CBA gets done.

If Palmer retires, the Bengals have no plan B. Their best plan B would consist of losing all 16 games, and drafting Andrew Luck in 2012.

Palmer is as good as gone. He will be traded. He will force their hand. Book it! I can see him landing in AZ.

Archived