THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Packers!

BrownsFan4Evr

I compile a list of which teams/cities vye in the Finals of each of the major sports.

This is the first time in history that teams from Pittsburgh and either Green Bay or Milwaukee will meet for a championship in any of the major sports. Thus, there is no history between these towns.

Throughout their history teams from Pittsburgh have faced off against teams from: Boston, Detroit, New York, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Minnesota, Dallas, Los Angeles, Seatlle, Phoenix, Chicago, and New Orleans.

In their history teams from Green Bay or Milwaukee have met teams from these cities in finals: New York, Boston, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Kansas City, Oakland, Baltimore, and Denver.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Modern day professional football didn't exits until 1967, true. However there were two upstart leagues comprised of part time athletes back in the olden days that took time away from their real jobs to play football to earn a couple of extra bucks. They even had mythical championships that were earned without a real playoff system, and being that there were multiple league, several teams could claim they win a title at the end of the season. Hell, even the New York Yankees had a football way team back then.

You don't know xxxx about xxxx, so don't even try.

what will the friendly mayoral bet be? the green bay mayor will certainly put up some of their finest cheese, but what about the pittsburgh mayor? the only thing that comes to mind when thinking of "from pittsburgh by pittsburgh" stuff is steel and the industry is dead there. i still say that the winning team's mayor should get to make one law in the losing team's city. then, it's a real bet.

Your hatred blinds you. The Steelers got screwed by that measurement. They've run that exactly play several times in recent weeks, including last week in the playoffs. Ben hurried to the line, called a sneak and picked up the 1st down before the defense had time to sub in it's short yardage defense. This time Hochuli screwed the Steelers by measuring the 1st down even though the Steelers were 6 feet short. You could see Ben and Tomlin shaking their head in disgust as the extra time benefitted the Jets. Keep on hating and looking for conspiracies though. Why no mention of the awful over-turned Heath Miller catch? Hand was clearly under the ball, and 2 refs saw it live saw him make the grab.

What time do the Browns play in 2 weeks Stain?

I still don't understand some of the steeler fans purpose.. I mean do you really expect us to be happy for you? I understand coming here and gloating, i dont agree with it, but i get it.

Let me be clear, am I bias when I watch the steelers play against ANY other team, absolutely!

Do I hate the steelers with a passion.. YES!!

Am I ever going to be happy for the steelers winning? HELL NO!!

I enjoy alot of the steeler fans on here. I just hate when they question why we hate them.. It has nothing to do with jealousy buddy..

the steelers are an easy team to hate, look at ben roethlisburger fat face, hines wards gay ass smile.. Put them in your division and yes my blood boils when they are playing...

I still don't understand some of the steeler fans purpose.. I mean do you really expect us to be happy for you? I understand coming here and gloating, i dont agree with it, but i get it.

Let me be clear, am I bias when I watch the steelers play against ANY other team, absolutely!

Do I hate the steelers with a passion.. YES!!

Am I ever going to be happy for the steelers winning? HELL NO!!

I enjoy alot of the steeler fans on here. I just hate when they question why we hate them.. It has nothing to do with jealousy buddy..

the steelers are an easy team to hate, look at ben roethlisburger fat face, hines wards gay ass smile.. Put them in your division and yes my blood boils when they are playing...

I guess I just don't understand the concept of being a hater. I root hard for my team, if they lose, then the better team won. I don't make excuses and cry about officials. I don't go out of my way to root against any team unless that team losing helps my Steelers get into better position for the playoffs. It seems to me that most Browns fans hate/envy the Steelers as much as they root for or support the Browns. Some even more so.

Your post shows you are very jealous, plain and simple. The players you profess to hate, you'd love if they were on your team. You cheer Turkey Jones and TJ Ward for making illegal hits, but bash any Steelers player who would make the same exact play. Your jealousy and Steeler envy is more what being a Browns fan is about than actually supporting your team. I was at the final game of the season, and all I could say was PATHETIC. Many empty seats, even more Steelers fans at the game. You guys claim to support the Browns, but when it comes down to it, you don't even show up for their "rivalry" game.

I guess I just don't understand the concept of being a hater. I root hard for my team, if they lose, then the better team won. I don't make excuses and cry about officials. I don't go out of my way to root against any team unless that team losing helps my Steelers get into better position for the playoffs. It seems to me that most Browns fans hate/envy the Steelers as much as they root for or support the Browns. Some even more so.

Your post shows you are very jealous, plain and simple. The players you profess to hate, you'd love if they were on your team. You cheer Turkey Jones and TJ Ward for making illegal hits, but bash any Steelers player who would make the same exact play. Your jealousy and Steeler envy is more what being a Browns fan is about than actually supporting your team. I was at the final game of the season, and all I could say was PATHETIC. Many empty seats, even more Steelers fans at the game. You guys claim to support the Browns, but when it comes down to it, you don't even show up for their "rivalry" game.

again your WRONG, jealousy no! I have used this analogu many times, I am a die hard yankee fan and hate the redsox more than the steelers.

27 titles?? what would i be jealous about there??

Your truley Retarded if you don't think rooting against teams is part of sports. Your also missing out, its fun!

Again, I would not like Bigben if he was on my team.. I hate Arod! Hines ward is a different story, if he was a brown from the begining of his career, i would like him..

difference between you and i, is i am being honest.. If you cant understand my point of view, i am sorry. I can't draw it from you with crayon on here.

Maybe this will help, I root for the Browns and the browns only.. When the Browns are out of it, I root for the team I hate less.

Many empty seats, even more Steelers fans at the game. You guys claim to support the Browns, but when it comes down to it, you don't even show up for their "rivalry" game.

can you explain why so many steeler "fans" left in the third quarter of the new england game this year? i await your response.

I see it different than a lot of you. I hate the Steelers with all my being, BUT I want them to be the SB champions because I want us to be in the best (champion) division. If anything, over time, is going to make the Browns great again, it is going to be building an organization and a team that can compete with the best and beat them.

It's entertaining to give all the Stoolers fair-weather fans on this board a hard time and, on any given week I hope the Pootsburgh team loses, but now that they are in the SB, go AFC! Tomlin also has 10 times the class as Rex Ryan.

Besides that, I am a realist. The Pittsburgh defense is going to make Aaron Rogers look more like Mr. Rogers once the game starts. "Hi kids, can you say PRESSURE"?

Sanchez arm was also going forward, and Ref Hochuli is definately on the Steelers Payroll.

It seemed by one camera angle that it was incomplete & by another, a possible fumble. My guess is that 90% of the time, that's called an incomplete pass. It also seemed that, for as close a call as it was, it took VERY little time to review.

Mike

The browns fans jealousy is quite amusing. They have nothing to talk about other than the Pittsburgh Steeler's success!

Browns fans need to get a grip and quit comparing your team to the Steelers. It is not even close or in the same galaxy.

Ur right deep down inside I wish I was a professional athlete who couldnt get laid with our raping someone..

Packers are actually favored in Vegas by I believe 3. I also expect the Steelers to go to Arlington and play Steeler football. Despite the second half meltdown thanks to a couple of bad turnovers we still imposed our will on the Jets. We were down Pouncey and technically both starting tackles despite Flozell doing a damn good job at RT. Mendenhall still ran all over that defense. Ben despite his stat line still had ONE HELL of a game with several huge 3rd down conversions on both his arm and his legs. Is Aaron Rodgers a great QB? Do the Packers have a nice defense? Absolutely but the Steelers are battled tested. The Steelers have THE BEST defense in the league and one hell of a gamer at QB. Pittsburgh will once again make their opposition one dimensional and pin their ears back and go after Rodgers. I'm still trying to figure out why everyone seems to think Rodgers is Super Man all of the sudden. He still hasn't faced the Steelers in the playoffs AND it's his first big dance. It should be a good game but for some to doubt the Steelers is laughably short sighted.

I think we hoist the 7th but I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks. No offense scares me with our defense and yes Pouncey said after the game that he's dealt with this injury before and he knows "how to attack it" He was asked if he felt he'd be out a few weeks and he said "try 3 or 4 days" so apparently he thinks he's going to come back much sooner than later. He has a high ankle sprain for those that don't know. We're definitely going to need him because Raji is a beast.

I think the Packers being favored is the all-time sucker bet. I look for betting to be heavy on the Steelers, and the line come down to "pick 'em" by gametime.

Second, high ankle sprain? The Browns had plenty of them this year, and it's a 4-6 week injury. Pouncey couldn't even put any weight on that leg- or you miss seeing him being handed a pair of crutches? Certainly won't be close to 100% in two weeks.

Finally regarding the reffing- I only saw two calls I didn't like. Shonn Greene got deliberately cracked helmet to helmet, and no call. (It was called in the Bears- Packers game) Roid Monkey had an iffy late hit on Sanchez when he slid. Didn't affect the outcome of the game, so no real complaints. The Steelers absolutely dominated in the first half.

I think the Packers being favored is the all-time sucker bet. I look for betting to be heavy on the Steelers, and the line come down to "pick 'em" by gametime.

Second, high ankle sprain? The Browns had plenty of them this year, and it's a 4-6 week injury. Pouncey couldn't even put any weight on that leg- or you miss seeing him being handed a pair of crutches? Certainly won't be close to 100% in two weeks.

Finally regarding the reffing- I only saw two calls I didn't like. Shonn Greene got deliberately cracked helmet to helmet, and no call. (It was called in the Bears- Packers game) Roid Monkey had an iffy late hit on Sanchez when he slid. Didn't affect the outcome of the game, so no real complaints. The Steelers absolutely dominated in the first half.

Look this is just what Pouncey said after the game. We'll see how he rehabs it and the severity of it still hasnt been revealed. The Shonne Greene hit I still think is bogus just as I thought the Josh Cribbs hit was bogus. They aren't defenseless receivers, they're both dropping their heads for contact. I'm not sure what the hell anyone wants. As far as the "late hit" on sanchez is concerned Harrison was already on his way in and I don't believe he was down by contact. However even more importantly he came down on the ground first and put his arm and side into Sanchez. There was barely any contact. I just wonder when people will stop blaming the refs with Steeler victories. Forget that they're a good team. It's all about the refs. lol

EDIT: Not 100% directing the above at you. Jets fans, Ravens fans all bitching about the refs. Browns fans the same. However in that same breath there are plenty of Jets fans saying they weren't the better team. I wonder if the Steelers will ever win a important game where someone doesn't claim the refs played a vital role.

Sanchez arm was also going forward, and Ref Hochuli is definately on the Steelers Payroll.

There isn't a media outlet on the planet saying the same. Everything that I've watched and read since claims it was a fumble. When are you guys going to stop crying? Best part it's not even your damn team. lol

I was at the final game of the season, and all I could say was PATHETIC. Many empty seats, even more Steelers fans at the game. You guys claim to support the Browns, but when it comes down to it, you don't even show up for their "rivalry" game.

can you explain why so many steeler "fans" left in the third quarter of the new england game this year? i await your response.

I'm still waiting for an answer jackass.

How about Roid Monk's late hit on the QB not being called? Apparently, finally not leading with his helmet was enough for the refs to eat the flag.

Lol Sanchez wasn't down by contact. Harrison pulled up but still went down and barely hit Sanchez on the ground. Is there anything you guys won't cry about?

I know people on here talk about steelers on HGH

But why doesnt anyone talk about Clay Matthews on HGH? He is the poster child for it, have you seen the shape of his forhead and Jaw line(overgrowth of facial bone).. It is the most obvious thing to anyone who knows anything about Growth Hormone...

Also AJ Hawk looks like he is on it also

That said lets GO Packers!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You are a Joke !! :lol: Have not Heard One Analyst go there. Clear Call Bozo LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !! :lol:

Lol Sanchez wasn't down by contact. Harrison pulled up but still went down and barely hit Sanchez on the ground. Is there anything you guys won't cry about?

Losers and Beeeeyothces Homo... Bitter Little Whiners. Anyone who had ANYTHING to say about that Game is Full of BS. Not a damn Thing Controversial ... except maybe Ariens sitting on the Ball for a Whole Half !!! 5 passes in a Half ?? LOL !!

Archived