THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone know anything about 1911's?

cddbrowns

I am currently looking at a Kimber and a Colt. Both around the same price. Just going off of what you know about the two, which would you go with and why? I am afraid that I would end up paying for the Colt name over the Kimber quality. Just curious your opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally like the Browning hi-power. John Browning was the original designer of the 1911, so I trust his company to make his design. He sold the patents to Colt but he was the original designer. JMO

The average price for the Colt 100 year Anniversary model is running around $2295.00

Colt100-02.jpg

The 1911 is fine handgun but I prefer my Glock 22 (40 Cal) because of the 15 round mag and the way the trigger pull is designed. I can rapid fire with ease if I need to. and the Glock 27 for CC, (40 Cal) If I have to shoot something I dont want it to be able to get back up and shoot back.

Here is a good link to follow Watch This Video, Because Lives depend on it.

The average price for the Colt 100 year Anniversary model is running around $2295.00

Colt100-02.jpg

The 1911 is fine handgun but I prefer my Glock 22 (40 Cal) because of the 15 round mag and the way the trigger pull is designed. I can rapid fire with ease if I need to. and the Glock 27 for CC, (40 Cal) If I have to shoot something I dont want it to be able to get back up and shoot back.

Here is a good link to follow Watch This Video, Because Lives depend on it.

The Browning is $1000-$1200 for a new 9mm. I love mine. It has a 13 round clip. It rapid fires with no problems.

I agree with T on the glock. Whether you want a . 45 or not. I have'em and love'em. If you want a sexy gun get the kimber. If you want a work horse that's not sexy the glock is top notch.

I used to have a video of a guy that beat the living shit outa his glock. Basicaly he did everything possible to make it fail.

Some of the things I remember is he soaked it in mud, water, sand, various media's of sizes like gravel to smaller than salt. Soaked it in rock salt and water for days, shot it with other guns, and I think he droped it out of a plane or hot air balloon.

after all that it still shot even though it was rusted to shit it still patterned pretty good.

check it out you will be impressed.

the glocks simplicity is what makes it take the licking and keep on ticking.

Archived