THE BROWNS BOARD

Everybody Stop Crying

The Gipper

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of "The Boss", he is playing in the Orbison vid I posted. Springsteen was a big fan of Roys.

You can see him on the shot you see before you click the vid....he is just above the youtube logo...then shown several more time during the vid.

Yes, Roy Orbison and Bruce Springsteen together.

Very Cool.

So says the arbiter of Cool.

I hope you noticed Elvis Costello is in there too. :) And Springsteen and Christopher Cross- are worlds apart. Cher? Who? Sonny's been dead for years.

But really, if you're totally into Megadeth and Metal, I could see how you could think Bruce sucks.

Yeah, I thought a lot of my parent's music sucked- I didn't appreciate Sinatra until I was way older- and I still don't like his stuff. OTOH, this is way cool, often imitated, never duplicated- the original and best.

OK, but, if one is into Megadeath and Metal.....that is Cool, for you. Not my cup of tea, but Cool if it is yours. Everyone has different musical tastes

By the way, if I am not mistaken, Megadeath took their name from a scene in Dr. Strangelove where there was a sign in front of the desk of either Dr. Strangelove or in front of General Jack Ripper. I could not find a photo of that shot, but I saw the movie within the last week where I saw the scene.

Cool

dr_strangelove01-500x400.jpg.

Weird you guys are mentioning the worst musicians ever.

1. Elvis Costello

2. Dave Mustaine

3. Jimmy Buffet, lol fell off stage

4. Bruce Springsteen

I think I jumped out of a moving car once to get away from an overly happy driver that some shit song by Elvis Costello was on (not really, but I would).

OK, you don't get it: Haters are NOT Cool. If the shoe fits, wear it. (and it seems might comfy for you)

That is why I nixed the "Cool" for the Edward Norton rant.

Show us what YOU think is cool.

Zapped. It looks like it may have been a Lord of the Rings thing but it got deleted.

Nope, it didn't get deleted, and you're right of course- I should have put in the title- it is JRR Tolkien, the guy who wrote the book.

Archived