THE BROWNS BOARD

Jeff Fisher out as Titans coach

ClevelandBigDawg

Perfect timing considering that all teams have hired a new head coach.

I agree.

Adams is a little bitch.

I'd fire Shurmer if I could hire Fisher.....he's GOOD.

This thread was funny start to finish. Fisher is a good head coach, but he never won the big one and has had some playoff teams. So, I say although he is a good coach, why do this, when he is now on the long side of a career. And it gets way harder after years than way easier

Go young go big and go winner.............oops...............or go NFL assistant and pray...............that we did

If Mangini takes over the titans it will come out one of two ways. The Browns fans who wanted mangini to stay will forever rue the day that he was booted and instead lead the titans to dominance, or the browns fans who wanted mangini gone will point to the titans record and say they were right.

I think Mangini will show how it is done if he gets the chance in tennessee and make holmgren look like a fool for letting him go.

Prove me wrong Mike!

Fischer has won fewer than 8 games a season as often as he's won more than 8 games a season. Six winning seasons in 16 years is not enough for me to consider him the kind of elite coach that the talking heads on ESPN do. His postseason record is atrocious except for one SB appearance.

His on the field product has usually been mediocre.

Fisher had 5 losing seasons in 16 years, thats with Neil O'donnell, Steve McNair, Billy Volek, Kerry Collins and Vince Young at stating QB. With the only good QB (McNair) he went 13-3, 13-3, 11-5 and 12-4 in 4 out of the first 5 years as the Tennessee Titans franchise.

Fisher's win percentage with Vince starting at QB is higher than his career win percentage.

I don't see how someone can claim Fisher is an elite coach who has been held back by being forced to start a bad QB (Vince Young).

Also, you're ignoring how many 8 win seasons he has. It's not a losing season, but it's not a winning one, either. Not saying Fisher is a bad coach, just that he's very much an average one.

Fisher's win percentage with Vince starting at QB is higher than his career win percentage.

I don't see how someone can claim Fisher is an elite coach who has been held back by being forced to start a bad QB (Vince Young).

Also, you're ignoring how many 8 win seasons he has. It's not a losing season, but it's not a winning one, either. Not saying Fisher is a bad coach, just that he's very much an average one.

Since they became the Titans in '99 they've had 2 8-8 seasons, both with VY at the helm. Fisher's won atleast 10 games 50% of that time. Thats 6, atleast 10 win seasons in 12 years, finishing below .500 4 times, 1 with VY and twice with an injured washed up McNair. I'll take that anyday

Since they became the Titans in '99 they've had 2 8-8 seasons, both with VY at the helm. Fisher's won atleast 10 games 50% of that time. Thats 6, atleast 10 win seasons in 12 years, finishing below .500 4 times, 1 with VY and twice with an injured washed up McNair. I'll take that anyday

You're omitting the fact that VY brought the team to 8-8 from 0-6, when he replaced Kerry Collins. And Fisher didn't even want to make that change. Bud Adams, the owner who's apparently been hindering Fisher by shoving terrible players down his throat, had to pull rank and force him to start Vince.

VY has hurt himself by acting like a complete tool when he should have kept his composure. But don't act like Fisher won games in spite of Vince Young; Vince saved his job that 8-8 year.

You're omitting the fact that VY brought the team to 8-8 from 0-6, when he replaced Kerry Collins. And Fisher didn't even want to make that change. Bud Adams, the owner who's apparently been hindering Fisher by shoving terrible players down his throat, had to pull rank and force him to start Vince.

VY has hurt himself by acting like a complete tool when he should have kept his composure. But don't act like Fisher won games in spite of Vince Young; Vince saved his job that 8-8 year.

Archived